Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland 51 Lawrence County 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Nice start for the Cats.
Great job tonight Cats! Cade obryan 2 defensive tds Quinton Baker 3 tds an 3 2pt conversions. 60yd td pass from Elam to Salow. Elam 20yd scramble for a td. Great effort overall. Saw some things on defense that need some attention. All the pieces are there, just some tweaking here an there an this team can go far.
Offensive personnel was a tad surprising. Looks like Ashland will play Young at FB and Baker is your starting TB.

He looked good IMO, but I was suprised by it given all of the chatter and even public statements by Hart.
A solid 51 on the board for the Tomcats.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Offensive personnel was a tad surprising. Looks like Ashland will play Young at FB and Baker is your starting TB.

He looked good IMO, but I was suprised by it given all of the chatter and even public statements by Hart.

Not sure what public statements your talking about. But Quinton was 2nd string anyway. And when Cody Watts went down he became the starter. He is something Special for sure. An I will say again what I said a month ago on another thread about Quinton he will break every record at Ashland. An maybe some state records in football às well as track.
Kid did look very good and ready for primetime. Very quick, good speed and adequate size (good size for FROSH).

I thought Ashland looked loaded.
They need Baker on the field as much as possible. He is very explosive and the more touches he gets, the more chances there are of him breaking off a huge gain or touchdown. Freshman or not, this kid could be very special.
Returning honorable mention All Stater Cade O'Brien had 2 tds from D-end position with a strip for about 30 yds an a fumble recovery for about 20yd td This kid is going to make some more noise this year.
This was a case of men playing against boys.
No disrespect intended toward the Dawgs.
They are young, small and slow.

Ashland could have scored a 100 if they played their starters all game long.
That group was very good.
The younger players did not appear ready for Friday night, but in time as they grow I am sure they will.

Game report later.
^
Obryans runs were 34 and 69 yds off a strip an a fumble.
Ashland ran 9 offensive plays in the first quarter and had 2 defensive TDs. While there are certainly areas where Ashland can improve, overall, it was a very good game for the Tomcats. They are very physical. Both the O-line and D-line looked good. They wore down the smaller LC line. The first time starters all did very well. Also, Patrick switched to a square toe shoe and is kicking the heck out of the ball.
dflpackage Wrote:Ashland ran 9 offensive plays in the first quarter and had 2 defensive TDs. While there are certainly areas where Ashland can improve, overall, it was a very good game for the Tomcats. They are very physical. Both the O-line and D-line looked good. They wore down the smaller LC line. The first time starters all did very well. Also, Patrick switched to a square toe shoe and is kicking the heck out of the ball.

First time I noticed him using that boot was Mason Co. Scrimmage he kicked 3 in the endzone then coach Hart told him to ease up abit so they could work on actually try an defend the run back. (We still need to work on that some)
Ashland dominated both sides of the ball the entire game. Lc has alot of work to do. Anyone happen to see lc freshman #2 bryce skaggs run the ball in 2 half? 7-71 yards. Expect to see more of him later.
Hunter/James Wrote:Ashland dominated both sides of the ball the entire game. Lc has alot of work to do. Anyone happen to see lc freshman #2 bryce skaggs run the ball in 2 half? 7-71 yards. Expect to see more of him later.

Yes he looked pretty good. I remember him from last years 8th grade game vs verity. There's a couple freshman off that team I saw get some time last night.