Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Williamsburg 68 Jellico TN 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The jackets played great
Congrats to Williamsburg.... I don't know anything about Jellico, but I'm glad to see W'Burg get a big win. Everyone has been hating on W'Burg about making Mountain Top Ten but that aren't a bad team.
It's Jellico...
Congrats on 70 points!
Next
lol, poor ole Jellico.
I really hope they start scheduling teams closer to their caliber.
Back in the 90's this was a good game to watch, but its just a warm up scrimmage for Wburg every year now.
I agree. Next week will see how Williamsburg is as they match up with harlan.
Why play jellico every year? This game is good for nothing but an easy win every year. The risk of getting someone hurt against what is basically a good (questionable if they would be considered good) junior high team is not worth it. Harlan will be a better test, but I think that Wburg will probably beat Harlan especially at home.
How bad is Jelico? Poor things.
Big score!!
LWC Wrote:How bad is Jelico? Poor things.

Im not kidding when i say, most JV teams would drill there varsity.
Lot of points for W-Burg!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im not kidding when i say, most JV teams would drill there varsity.

Funny you said that.... I watched the highlights on SportsOvertime, and that's what I thought I was watching. A Varisty team scrimmaging a 8th grade team.
^
There lucky to dress 20 players every year.

Jellico use to be a very good athletic schools around 20 years ago, but now its a thing of the past. Its noones fault, you could put Bilicheck in there to coach and he couldnt do anything.
I sometimes wonder why Jellico even bothers to field a football team anymore. From what I have heard from the parents and people that live there, no one cares about the football team. The real athletes are all about playing basketball and could care less about playing football. They have no backing from boosters or atleast that is what I am told. In a way it's kind of sad for the kids that are on the team.
This one was a waste of electricity to even turn on the lights after dark.....Williamsburg wants to go to the next level but they will not take it to the next level till they start playing a better schedule. (See Trinity last year) To get true respect you have to play the better teams, and over the last 4 or 5 years although they had good teams the Jackets dodged all the good teams till they could not dodge them in the playoffs, and then what happened. Even losing to a good team makes you better and gets you ready for the playoffs. When you play weak teams it give you a false sense of security and does not expose the weaknesses that you need to work on....But hey feel good about scoring 68 on a team that probably does not have a player who could start for any team within 40 miles north or south on I-75.:dudecomeon::dudecomeon:
Don't understand why they would run the score up like this.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:This one was a waste of electricity to even turn on the lights after dark.....Williamsburg wants to go to the next level but they will not take it to the next level till they start playing a better schedule. (See Trinity last year) To get true respect you have to play the better teams, and over the last 4 or 5 years although they had good teams the Jackets dodged all the good teams till they could not dodge them in the playoffs, and then what happened. Even losing to a good team makes you better and gets you ready for the playoffs. When you play weak teams it give you a false sense of security and does not expose the weaknesses that you need to work on....But hey feel good about scoring 68 on a team that probably does not have a player who could start for any team within 40 miles north or south on I-75.:dudecomeon::dudecomeon:

If Williamsburg had of played Bell, Knox, Harlan Co., Beechwood last year then they would have beaten Hazard and won State Championshi????. All good teams have games where they win by 50 points. Look at scores every week. Williamsburg has little over 100 boys in High School. 9 of the 10 teams on the schedule have larger enrollment.
I tell you this, if Wburg had of played Hazards schedule last year and Hazard Wburgs they still would have meet in the region final and the outcome would have been the same.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:This one was a waste of electricity to even turn on the lights after dark.....Williamsburg wants to go to the next level but they will not take it to the next level till they start playing a better schedule. (See Trinity last year) To get true respect you have to play the better teams, and over the last 4 or 5 years although they had good teams the Jackets dodged all the good teams till they could not dodge them in the playoffs, and then what happened. Even losing to a good team makes you better and gets you ready for the playoffs. When you play weak teams it give you a false sense of security and does not expose the weaknesses that you need to work on....But hey feel good about scoring 68 on a team that probably does not have a player who could start for any team within 40 miles north or south on I-75.:dudecomeon::dudecomeon:

(see Whitley last 3 years)yeah schedule like whitley did last year and go 3-8 and get blown out 6 times really helped them in the playoffs losing 10-40 to southwestern in round #1 :biglmao:
Creater123 Wrote:Don't understand why they would run the score up like this.
It's called "padding stats".
Creater123 Wrote:Don't understand why they would run the score up like this.

I really don't think they had a choice unless they just kneeled the entire 2nd half. Jenkins could probably score 60 on Jellico!
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:I really don't think they had a choice unless they just kneeled the entire 2nd half. Jenkins could probably score 60 on Jellico!

Good point.
Whitley. County's 3-8 is more respectable than a watered down schedule. I heard Boyle county has an opening get them on the sched. Next yr then I'll respect ya a lil more.
T1up Wrote:(see Whitley last 3 years)yeah schedule like whitley did last year and go 3-8 and get blown out 6 times really helped them in the playoffs losing 10-40 to southwestern in round #1 :biglmao:

I dont know what your problem with Whitley is, or if your just a high school kid that likes bashing other problems, but you need to stay on topic in your post. This is a Wburg/Jellico final thread. If you would like to discuss Whitleys schedule and how you despise the school, than by all means, go to Whitleys threads.