Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Central 29 Manual 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yellowjackets sting the 6A Crimson. Central defense may be the best in the state for anyone not named Trinity or St. X
Sounds like same old Central. Belfry Pirates better have their guns loaded.
Wow... :yikes:
PaytoPlay Wrote:Wow... :yikes:

By the way it was an Ihigh game so you should be able to see the replay.
^ Thanks man. Sort of a deflating result for this fan. Jeez.. I will check em out online.

Did you watch the stream?
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ Thanks man. Sort of a deflating result for this fan. Jeez.. I will check em out online.

Did you watch the stream?

Somewhat.. I had it on but wa slistening to Pikeville and spending most of my time refreshing the screen. What I saw is what I expected to see. A defense that flew to the football and didn't miss many tackles and an offense with enough deadly speed that once you make a mistake you pay dearly.

Belfry, Bell, and Breathitt are all going to have very, very dangerous offenses...but I honestly would be shocked if a 3A offense will be able to put up over 3 TD's on them that are earned. Either you better shut them down yourself (ala Belfry in the Finals) or you better find a way to score points off turnovers or special teams.
congrats to Central
Did not fully expect this. I knew they could win, but didn't expect a 3 TD win.
Central outgained 6th ranked 6A manual 370-78 including 323-17 on the ground ,despite having running back Romine(Manual)who has committed to WKU . Centrals D is smothering & fast ! & they also have good size. Central has a good o-line & rarely had to pass but were pretty successful when they did so.the main ingredient is duel threat senior qb Ta'shon Gibbs rushed for 3 td's & ran the option like Oklahoma did in the 80's ( to perfection). They are constantly rotating in fresh linebackers & d-linemen with no ability drop-off it seemed Like a lot of them can play ( they dressed over 100). The best match up on their schedule looks to be St.X.
This one hurts for Manual. They are supposed to win this game.
watcher Wrote:Sounds like same old Central. Belfry Pirates better have their guns loaded.

They could have all there cannons and it won't matter. Central will be celebrating in Bowling Green again this year.
hop24 Wrote:They could have all there cannons and it won't matter. Central will be celebrating in Bowling Green again this year.

If there ever was a year it is this one. This should be the best Belfry team since they first met in 2007. The Pirates gave them everything they wanted and then some last season and return the majority of their 2 Deep.

Until someone proves they can beat Central they will rightfully remain the King, but this Belfry team should be able to go toe to toe with any team in the State in Class 1A - 5A by November. Will it be enough? I don't know, Central probably has the best defense in the State for someone not named X or T.
Central seems to be becoming Trinty of 3A. I figured Central had a shot to win but never thought they would take Manual behind the woodshed like that. I watch some of the game on iHigh and to say Central flies to the football would be an understatement.