Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County @ Ashland updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ashland 37
Lawrence County 7 5:39 2nd quarter
Ashland 44
Lawrence 7
51-7 cats
51-7 tomcats this is ugly
Lawrence is out gunned in this one. This would have been a better match up 2-3 seasons ago IMO.
I guess we can assume that Lawrence County would not be confused with CovCath or FTH.
I was tuned into this game until it got out of hand at 44-7.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I guess we can assume that Lawrence County would not be confused with CovCath or FTH.

I'm not to sure Lawrence can even be confused with a football team at this point
looks like ashland the team has more class than the fans and there ignorance as it could been alot worse than it was. just seem lc didn't even try no enthusiasm this needs to get fixed in a hurry or gonna be a long season. did notice alot of young kids and not many at that.
funny thing is there smart mouth any team ashland plays outside of eastern ky look like lc did tonight they always choke try getting past first round of the playoffs before opening the hole under your nose.
Hey Jerry!!! Do us all a favor and dont get on here until you learn how to either talk or type.

Two of the all time dumbest posts ever posted on here.
Jerry Wrote:funny thing is there smart mouth any team ashland plays outside of eastern ky look like lc did tonight they always choke try getting past first round of the playoffs before opening the hole under your nose.

11 state championships 639 all time wins I think we've made it past the first round plenty of times. I will say this Lawrence is a good community but what I've seen from them is no support from the administration and a apathetic coaching staff.i believe one Lc fan said they didn't even have 2-a-days practice. But there fans are great stuck it out the whole game. Just pointing out how the leadership at the top is now manifesting itself on the field
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:11 state championships 639 all time wins I think we've made it past the first round plenty of times. I will say this Lawrence is a good community but what I've seen from them is no support from the administration and a apathetic coaching staff.i believe one Lc fan said they didn't even have 2-a-days practice. But there fans are great stuck it out the whole game. Just pointing out how the leadership at the top is now manifesting itself on the field

This is the problem in Louisa but hardly anyone seems to care and thats why you get what you see tonight.
I went down and watched the first half of this game. Felt bad for Lawrence. Such a proud community, which is understandable frustrated with getting dominated.

Just don't be so quick to blame the coaches. Lawrence didn't have the players to match up out there tonight. Not even close.
Bob Seger Wrote:Hey Jerry!!! Do us all a favor and dont get on here until you learn how to either talk or type.

Two of the all time dumbest posts ever posted on here.

Hey Seger I will get on whenever I want and not only are you dumb you are ignorant to. Tell me smart man what was dumb about my post. It could have been worse Ashland showed class and these idiots get on here and want to go on and on how Great their program is they won what 22 years ago what have you done since then??? And put down LC just like they got an opinion I do to and will voice it whether you like or not. So go pick on something you can eat there pal you would be better off.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:11 state championships 639 all time wins I think we've made it past the first round plenty of times. I will say this Lawrence is a good community but what I've seen from them is no support from the administration and a apathetic coaching staff.i believe one Lc fan said they didn't even have 2-a-days practice. But there fans are great stuck it out the whole game. Just pointing out how the leadership at the top is now manifesting itself on the field

No disrespect to Ashland the program but when idiots get on here and put down LC I will defend. I do respect Ashland but quit living in the past if we are going to do that. I can remember when Ashland was not so good and LC spanked them. Its ok to be proud of your program but don't disrespect another.:Thumbs:
Jerry Wrote:Hey Seger I will get on whenever I want and not only are you dumb you are ignorant to. Tell me smart man what was dumb about my post. It could have been worse Ashland showed class and these idiots get on here and want to go on and on how Great their program is they won what 22 years ago what have you done since then??? And put down LC just like they got an opinion I do to and will voice it whether you like or not. So go pick on something you can eat there pal you would be better off.

Then go ahead and feel free to make yourself look like a complete idiot. There is not the first person on here that can make the first bit of sense out of your run together mess. Do you know how to use a period here or there, or use a capital letter?
LC is a very young team, theyre lead by a junior quarterback. LC just didnt have what it took to beat Ashland they had a few turnovers, and a few injuries. But they never quit fighting, they all tried their best and thats all that matters.
Jerry Wrote:No disrespect to Ashland the program but when idiots get on here and put down LC I will defend. I do respect Ashland but quit living in the past if we are going to do that. I can remember when Ashland was not so good and LC spanked them. Its ok to be proud of your program but don't disrespect another.:Thumbs:

I didn't mean it as disrespect as much as I know the program Lawrence can be. I remember the Arliss beach Michael west years and they were so much fun. But with a coaching staff that doesn't even hold offseason 2 a days. And an administration that doesn't seem to care enough to keep the good coaches they get or hire a coach that is Atleast gonna care is disrespectful to a once proud program. So what you get is a group of about 35 players with no leadership that is gonna finish very poorly this year. And that honestly angers me cause they're are a lot of good athletes at Lawrence they just don't want to play football and that is poor coaching and poor job from the administration. Lawrence looked like they had about 3 players the belonged on a varsity field and that was the qb Cyrus. One of there safeties and Morgan th RB. And with all the talent at LC that is unfair to the community of Louisa that supports that program so well.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I didn't mean it as disrespect as much as I know the program Lawrence can be. I remember the Arliss beach Michael west years and they were so much fun. But with a coaching staff that doesn't even hold offseason 2 a days. And an administration that doesn't seem to care enough to keep the good coaches they get or hire a coach that is Atleast gonna care is disrespectful to a once proud program. So what you get is a group of about 35 players with no leadership that is gonna finish very poorly this year. And that honestly angers me cause they're are a lot of good athletes at Lawrence they just don't want to play football and that is poor coaching and poor job from the administration. Lawrence looked like they had about 3 players the belonged on a varsity field and that was the qb Cyrus. One of there safeties and Morgan th RB. And with all the talent at LC that is unfair to the community of Louisa that supports that program so well.

The athletes are on the field, they are just young. However I agree with most of the things you are saying.
Hunter is right, tomcat, the athletes are on the field. Enough said.
I would say you all know where I stand on this so I'm not even going to comment but if we can't beat Jackson county this friday things will get very very ugly in Louisa.
^ You are right... it will get ugly indeed and, once again, all the fault will be put on the coach, no mention of the fact the talent is just not there right now.
Congratulations to Ashland on the win. I have to admit despite the loss I'm really looking forward to seeing this Bulldog team grow through this season and the next few years. A. J. Cyrus did some really nice things with his legs, and the one interception he threw was actually a nice thrown ball just hit a player in the helmet and the other kid caught it off the deflection. Runningbacks all ran hard, some really nice speed for young kids. There is talent on this team, just going to take some time to get everyone on the same page. I was impressed overall with the effort, and that none of them gave up.. Proud of you guys.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I'm not to sure Lawrence can even be confused with a football team at this point

Now it your mouth gonna come back to haunt you. Good Luck in the beatdown this week Confusednicker: I have been looking forward to this all year. I love reading your posts in the Ashland/Highlands thread you try to actually try to compare teams of the past. And try to seem respectful towards them when Ashland is no where near the same class. Enjoy the beatdown :ChairHit: and learn some respect your Championship from the 90's not gonna help you here.:welcome: