Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dead Man To Run For Mayor Of New Orleans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New Orleans- Ernie K-Doe has some big hurdles to overcome to win his bid for mayor of hurricane-ravaged New Orleans: He lacks the political experience and financial clout of many of his rivals.

He's also been dead for almost five years.

No, matter says the widow of the flamboyant rhythm-and-blues singer and one of the city's most enduring characters as she launched his tongue-in-cheek campaign for the April 22 vote.

"He's the only one qualified-that's my opinion," Antoinette K-Doe said Saturday at a rally outside the Mother-in-Law Lounge, the nightclub that bears the name of K-Doe's biggest hit song.

And people say that politics in Eastern Kentucky are out of control. I don't think that anyone has ran a "dead relative" for an office yet, but now, you never know what might happen. Maybe we can elect "Zombies" to the state legislature instead of "Dead Heads"
That is crazy.
i think it is funny
I also think it is funnny
Crazy...
That is just plain creepy but funny !!! Wonder what his other family members think about it?
I\'ve heard of dead people voting but this is a new one...
Wasn't a dead person elected a couple of years ago? I think he dies a couple of days before the election or something
Thats funny as hell
I really don't get some people, well, most people actually
The more I think about it the more I wonder if that's partially an insult to the other people running?

BallaBaby

Thats scary...lol
That is crazy.
Beef Wrote:Wasn't a dead person elected a couple of years ago? I think he dies a couple of days before the election or something

I can't remember the state, but there was a senator killed in an accident, that was up for re-election, and they allowed his name to remain on the ballot. When he was re-elected, the govenor appointed his widow to serve out the ramainder of his term. Confusedticktong
Thats very wierd !
That seems crazy to me