Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fletcher signs bill to allow Ten Commandments monument
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
FRANKFORT - At a ceremonial signing today of a bill that would place a Ten Commandments monument on the Capitol grounds, Gov. Ernie Fletcher said he would be willing to consider displaying other religious artifacts if they, too, had significant impact on this country's heritage, culture and law.

Fletcher justified the controversial monument by saying it is "an integral part of our history and an integral part of our law."

House Bill 277, sponsored by Rep. Rick Nelson, D-Middlesboro, allows the return to Frankfort of a Ten Commandments monument that had been given to the state by the Fraternal Order of Eagles. The legislation also allows schools and local governments to post the Ten Commandments as part of historical displays and requires the posting of "In God We Trust" on the wall in the House of Representatives, behind the speaker's stand.

----------------------------
http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/14310396.htm
---------------------------

Thoughts?
I agree with it, should have never been taken out to start with.
Batpuff Wrote:I agree with it, should have never been taken out to start with.

I agree, but someone will find a reason to have them removed
Good move Fletch...
Instead of having it removed maybe some of the people that feel that way should be removed.

One of the few things that I've agreed with Fletcher on.
CatDawg Wrote:Instead of having it removed maybe some of the people that feel that way should be removed.

One of the few things that I've agreed with Fletcher on.

:Thumbs::Thumbs:
glad to see he has done something right
About time
Batpuff Wrote:I agree with it, should have never been taken out to start with.

Yep.

BallaBaby

I was happy to hear about this.
Okay I totally support this but if other religous groups decided they wanted to place important things related to their beliefs (wich would be as significant to the as the Ten Commandments are to Christians, Would that fly.. I have a lot of different thoughts about this ( I know this is relevant historically to the foundation of our country) but what does everyone else think?
I mean about adding other religous artifacts... I would be fine with it.
i dunno about that.. i know this country was based on religious freedom but it was and (should be still) a Christian country... In God We Trust remember? if other religions dont like that, well then tough shit. I mean would u go to an Islamic country and demand that they quit praying to Allah because it offends you? no u wouldnt. People in this country are to dammn sensetive. end rant!
I agree with VV, people in this country are too sensitive. If they don't like it leave, this is America the land of the free. Nobody is forcing anyone to read it, if it offends you look the other way.
This is very good news and proves that Fletcher can do something right.WAY TO GO ERNIE!!!!!:thumpsup: