Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Akers Steps Down @ Betsy Layne
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good luck to coach Akers. She did an excellent job with a young group
Any news on who the candidates for this position?
Shocker!!
A very nice lady with alot of class! Wish you the very best.
The coach I have heard a lot of people speculate about will not leave current position. Just not good timing for him to make the move. Have heard his name mentioned for a lot of positions in eastern KY.,but has yet to apply for any of them. Due to lack of teaching positions, I feel they will go with someone already in the school system or maybe a retired coach. This seems to be the trend in 15th region.
I would love to see Tim Rice return home and take the job.
clipperw Wrote:I would love to see Tim Rice return home and take the job.

That was who I was referring to in my earlier post. Seems to be that is the chatter coming from some BL people. I doubt he would leave his current position at Southwestern as he has had a lot of success there and his team is loaded again this year and for the next few years. I seen them play at Prstonsburg tournament last year and I believe most of their players were freshmen or 8th graders. They beat Shelby Valley and Paintsville in back to back days to win the tournament. But, you never know until you ask, maybe he would like to come back to Floyd County.

What is the news at BL? Some of you fans let the rest of us know what is going on.
Any updates on coaching position?