Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boston Bryant, Whitley County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have heard that Wofford has ofered him, congrats to Boston and his coaches. From what I hear he works just as hard in the classroom as he does on the football feild. Has he had any other offers or being recruited by anyone else? Again congrats and look forward to Boston leading the Colonels to a District Championship this season.TongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Boston Bryant is a player who can not only play but excell at Wofford. I know that Western was also very interested in him. considering he really has only carried the ball for one year, I would think that the defensive side of the football is where he could shine at the next level, although he is one of the most powerful fullbacks I have ever seen and has great speed to go with it.

The best thing about Wofford, it is a excellant academic institution and he will get a great education!!!

Congrats to Boston Bryant!!!:1:
Were very proud of him here at Whitley County.
Ive watched this kid grow up, literally.
When i was playing some 13 or 14 years ago, his father would come to games with him and has been at Whitley football games since he was just a little guy.

Im sure whatever he chooses, he will be great at.
I know in the long run him, along with his family, will make the right decision on what they feel is best.

I know he could attend almost any NAIA school he wanted, but schools like Wofford is where he'll likely end up. I wouldnt mind seeing him at WKU. But i havent heard anything on that as of yet.
Wofford College is Div I, isn't it?
zaga_fan Wrote:Wofford College is Div I, isn't it?

Yes Div.I FCS
Congrats Boston! Great kid any college he decides to attend will be getting a great young man!
Boston Bryant at Wofford is a steal for that school. He could play pretty much anywhere he wanted. He has size, speed, is agile, smart, and still has not even scratched the surface of just how good he could be.

I think he is playing out of position on the defensive side of the football but that happens at the HS level, he will be playing with his hand down at the college level and could be nearly unstoppable. On offense he is a hoss, he is one of the toughest kids to tackle I have seen in nearly 40 years of watching HS football in Kentucky.

He is an awesome football talent and appears to be a great kid. His dad coached the WCMS school football team that went to the state finals last years, so he has great family genes.

Good Luck to Boston Bryant!!!!
I wouldnt be surprised to see Boss as a defensive end in college.
Spoke to his father yesterday and his said that the offer from Wofford was for DE. Has a few schools who run the I still recruitting him as a Fullback. Sounds like Boss is wanting to play D at the next level.:rockon:
^
IMO, it would be a smart move.
Boss is a polite and motivated young man. He has a work ethic that is beyond normal . Goodluck BIG #44
Whitley has the talent to take regions this year .SO WATCH OUT FOR THE RED STORM////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
One of my top 5 players in the mountains.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
IMO, it would be a smart move.

I think he's a legitimate contender at Fullback in FCS.

Channing Fugate started at Fullback for UT.
Channing is faster than Bryant...
but I wouldn't say he runs harder or is any harder to take down.
zaga_fan Wrote:I think he's a legitimate contender at Fullback in FCS.

Channing Fugate started at Fullback for UT.
Channing is faster than Bryant...
but I wouldn't say he runs harder or is any harder to take down.

I would.
^
From everything ive seen, Boston loves defense.
Its where he truly feels at home.
The runs and TD's are great, but IMO, he loves making tackles more.

Im with you though, to be as big as he is, and able to run like he does, all game long, is something very few guys his size could do.

Whatever he chooses, im sure it will be the right thing.
We're all entitled to our opinion Wink
^That wasn't pointed at you - RunItUpTheGut
With a name like "Boston Bryant" he had to be a badass.
Belfry0304 Wrote:With a name like "Boston Bryant" he had to be a badass.

lol, he goes by Boss, which yea, is pretty badass i suppose :biggrin:
zaga_fan Wrote:^That wasn't pointed at you - RunItUpTheGut

I know youd never doubt my judgement :Shaking:
I only saw this kid play a few times, but was impressed. Looks to me like he can play whereever he wants, whenever he wants and however he wants.
He's so HUGE, but he doesn't rely on his size to make the plays. He actually plays really really smart!!

Good luck to him; I believe he'll be a success on the collegiate level.
Speaking of Channing Fugate, where is he now? I noticed he is not on UT's roster this year. I use to love to watch him play.

:concentratetongue:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:lol, he goes by Boss, which yea, is pretty badass i suppose :biggrin:

Never even seen the kid play and would love for him to be at Belfry just to hear his name for introductions! Haha.
Fooseball Devil Wrote:Speaking of Channing Fugate, where is he now? I noticed he is not on UT's roster this year. I use to love to watch him play.

:concentratetongue:

I'm pretty sure he's still there - just on defense.

I could be wrong though.
46 Channing Fugate LB 6-1 239 JR Jackson, Ky./Breathitt County
Thanks. Glad to see he is still playing, I must have just been looking at Rb's. Sure wish he was wearing blue though.:Thumbs:
Must suck to sign with UT and be a part of the first team in a million years to lose to UK lol
^^
They'll adjust...

Saw Phillip Fulmer in a commercial this past weekend. Looks like he's dropped about 100 pounds.
HDE Wrote:I would.

When you make statements like that you loose credibility as a poster and a member of the press....Believe it or not there are some incrediblely good football players outside of Harlan County.

Or you just have not seen the kid play......
Pages: 1 2