Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bowling Green vs Louisville Manual Scrimmage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Purples looked much better than I thought and beat Manual 35-14. They graduated 31 seniors and still look like a contender in 5A this year.
adopted purple Wrote:The Purples looked much better than I thought and beat Manual 35-14. They graduated 31 seniors and still look like a contender in 5A this year.

Who is going to challenge them in a WEAK 5A ?
sstack Wrote:Who is going to challenge them in a WEAK 5A ?

I wouldn't call it a "weak" 5A by any means. Between BG, Warren Central, John Hardin, Christian County in the west and Franklin County, Conner, Harlan County in the east, I believe it is a fairly strong class.
Fade Wrote:I wouldn't call it a "weak" 5A by any means. Between BG, Warren Central, John Hardin, Christian County in the west and Franklin County, Conner, Harlan County in the east, I believe it is a fairly strong class.

I give you BG, Conner is playing better but not ready to say how good they will be yet, JH has been over rated the last 4 years and a fair team at best, Christian Co is not very good, Harland Co. was fair and do not think much of Franklin. Highlands moving to 4A gives them better competition than in 5A.
^
Nevermind, its a waste of time..
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Nevermind, its a waste of time..

If you take out BG of last year, You can not tell me the west has been very strong the last 5 years in 5A, and in the east it was HHS, CCH, JC,who were the strong teams and are now in 4A. Is it a waste of time or do you have no way of showing that 5A is not weak?
sstack Wrote:If you take out BG of last year, You can not tell me the west has been very strong the last 5 years in 5A, and in the east it was HHS, CCH, JC,who were the strong teams and are now in 4A. Is it a waste of time or do you have no way of showing that 5A is not weak?
You are making a comparison to 5A east vs west and including a Cov Cath team that has had ONE WINNING season during that 5 year span? Johnson Central would have been beaten by JH, BG, Christian any of the years those teams went to the state finals.
John Hardin was a top 5 team in the state last year. Just because they ran into arguably the second best overall team in the state last season doesn't mean they were overrated.
Thunder Lips Wrote:You are making a comparison to 5A east vs west and including a Cov Cath team that has had ONE WINNING season during that 5 year span? Johnson Central would have been beaten by JH, BG, Christian any of the years those teams went to the state finals.

I am not putting down BG. JC was head and shoulders better than Chris Co. And JH plays such a weak schedule that come play off time when they meet up with a good team they get beat. I have seen all the teams in the east and the west teams in the finals and the east teams are much much better.
sstack Wrote:I am not putting down BG. JC was head and shoulders better than Chris Co. And JH plays such a weak schedule that come play off time when they meet up with a good team they get beat. I have seen all the teams in the east and the west teams in the finals and the east teams are much much better.

I too have seen all those teams, especially Johnson Central and Cov Cath. I'll give you Johnson Central had a very good team in a couple of those years, but throwing Cov Cath into the mix is a joke.
Thunder Lips Wrote:I too have seen all those teams, especially Johnson Central and Cov Cath. I'll give you Johnson Central had a very good team in a couple of those years, but throwing Cov Cath into the mix is a joke.

Cov Cath has been down by their normal standards, but look at the tough schedule they play. If they played the schedule the teams you are talking about their record would be great. They were not an easy out in playoffs except for HHS and JC.
sstack Wrote:I am not putting down BG. JC was head and shoulders better than Chris Co. And JH plays such a weak schedule that come play off time when they meet up with a good team they get beat. I have seen all the teams in the east and the west teams in the finals and the east teams are much much better.

You do realize John Hardin beat both Lexington Catholic and Boyle County last year. They also played and beat Boone County who I believe made it to the 6A semi finals last year. We have lost three games in the last 3 years. Lost to Highlands in the State Championship in 09. Highlands was nationally ranked (Collinsworth senior year). Lost to Christian County in the state semis in 2010, we had a chance and blew it. Lost to Nationally ranked Bowling Green in 2011 and had no chance after the offense gave up 3 turnovers for TDs in the 1 st quarter. I guess getting beat by two nationally ranked teams and leading at half time to another state finalist team gives you the overrated label. This is the stupidest comment I've ever read on here. Sstack is wack. :ChairHit:
sstack Wrote:Cov Cath has been down by their normal standards, but look at the tough schedule they play. If they played the schedule the teams you are talking about their record would be great. They were not an easy out in playoffs except for HHS and JC.
Whatever. That is your opinion and nothing else. Cov Cath has been about as mediocre as it gets from 2007-2010. I do think they were pretty good again last year.
Everyone seems to leave out Warren Central, I really don't understand that. But hey, honestly I think if it we put JC against BG, WC, or JH they will not be coming out with a victory. That goes for Cov Cath too. Those were 3 teams ranked in the top 15 overall. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like the west is dominant over the east in terms of teams. Just my opinion.
Fade Wrote:Everyone seems to leave out Warren Central, I really don't understand that. But hey, honestly I think if it we put JC against BG, WC, or JH they will not be coming out with a victory. That goes for Cov Cath too. Those were 3 teams ranked in the top 15 overall. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like the west is dominant over the east in terms of teams. Just my opinion.

We know Cov Cath is no longer in 5A as well as JC and HHS, but in the years HHS was, their games in the east side of the bracket were tougher games. Highlands fans took a big sign of relief once they won the semis(know some assistants well and admitted that the west teams were weak and they thought they were going to win by 21-28 pts against JH in 2009).
sstack Wrote:We know Cov Cath is no longer in 5A as well as JC and HHS, but in the years HHS was, their games in the east side of the bracket were tougher games. Highlands fans took a big sign of relief once they won the semis(know some assistants well and admitted that the west teams were weak and they thought they were going to win by 21-28 pts against JH in 2009).

I wonder if Trinity thinks Northern Kentucky football is weak after man handling Highlands on Friday. I know some Trinity coaches and players who thought they would have a 50 point lead at half time.

Man those nationally ranked teams are tough!
Slobberknocker Wrote:I wonder if Trinity thinks Northern Kentucky football is weak after man handling Highlands on Friday. I know some Trinity coaches and players who thought they would have a 50 point lead at half time.

Man those nationally ranked teams are tough!

Trinity thinks all of KY is weak, and with their team, they are right!
sstack Wrote:Trinity thinks all of KY is weak, and with their team, they are right!

Spot on! KY high school football IS weak compared to most states.