Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County 14 Harlan 0 (Scrimmage)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
not alot of points for bell ,whats up with that..
Any indication that Harlan may be for real this year or what?
wildcats fan Wrote:Final

Good job Bell
bac2369 Wrote:Any indication that Harlan may be for real this year or what?

The Dragon's looked alright last night. Bell Co. had two or three starters out,their QB being one,and weren't at full strength. But even with the young QB they're still Bell Co.. Bell was able to grind out alot of short yardage plays with a couple of three nice runs. The first score was a 36 yard run by Collett,I believe. The Dragon's were able to Hold bell on three or four,3 and outs. Actually,I thought the Dragon's D looked better than the offense. The offense started the game out by grinding out several short yardage runs of 5 or 6 and a couple 8 and 10 yard runs but couldn't sustain a complete drive. They did throw the ball some but not as much as compared to last year. Bell was able to wear they're line down in the second half and the Dragon's couldn't get those 5 yard plus runs that were needed to sustain a drive. They're were several bright spots for the Dragon's. Several nice plays by different player's. All in all it was a good scrimmage for both teams.
Backwoods Wrote:The Dragon's looked alright last night. Bell Co. had two or three starters out,their QB being one,and weren't at full strength. But even with the young QB they're still Bell Co.. Bell was able to grind out alot of short yardage plays with a couple of three nice runs. The first score was a 36 yard run by Collett,I believe. The Dragon's were able to Hold bell on three or four,3 and outs. Actually,I thought the Dragon's D looked better than the offense. The offense started the game out by grinding out several short yardage runs of 5 or 6 and a couple 8 and 10 yard runs but couldn't sustain a complete drive. They did throw the ball some but not as much as compared to last year. Bell was able to wear they're line down in the second half and the Dragon's couldn't get those 5 yard plus runs that were needed to sustain a drive. They're were several bright spots for the Dragon's. Several nice plays by different player's. All in all it was a good scrimmage for both teams.

I agree Bell Co is Bell Co no matter who is back there. Nothing like scrimmaging good teams to prepare you for the season and the playoffs. Who is looking to carry the load for Harlan this year. I know the QB will be expected to make big plays.
bac2369 Wrote:I agree Bell Co is Bell Co no matter who is back there. Nothing like scrimmaging good teams to prepare you for the season and the playoffs. Who is looking to carry the load for Harlan this year. I know the QB will be expected to make big plays.

Demarcus Williams,Cody Logan and Dakota Morris took turns in the backfield along with Saragas at QB. David Allen and Eric Young at wideouts. It seems that for the scrimmage they were moving alot of players around and I couldn't get a solid look at who might be relied upon when season starts next week. I guess we'll have to see next Friday night on that. But I would say it will be the same as last season except for the linemen. The line play is looking better this year. Everyone seems to have grown a bit. I believe we'll see the Dragon's run the ball a little more this season. But I could be wrong. Saragas has matured physically and is looking up to the task. He's a nice looking QB.
Did the varsity scrimmage for 3 quarters? I am a bit surprised by the margin, but it makes more sense after hearing Oslonian was out.

Still, has to give Harlan some confidence.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Did the varsity scrimmage for 3 quarters? I am a bit surprised by the margin, but it makes more sense after hearing Oslonian was out.

Still, has to give Harlan some confidence.

I agree.
Bell actually had 5 starters out on offense. Both OG's, Polly at HB, Osolonian at QB and their returning TE. 2 starters out on defense.

Harlan Ind is a good single A school and has agreed to go with Bell 2 years in a row. I think the mutual respect was shown between the coaches. Main goal for both seemed to be stay healthy.
William Muney Wrote:Bell actually had 5 starters out on offense. Both OG's, Polly at HB, Osolonian at QB and their returning TE. 2 starters out on defense.

Harlan Ind is a good single A school and has agreed to go with Bell 2 years in a row. I think the mutual respect was shown between the coaches. Main goal for both seemed to be stay healthy.

I would have to agree. This is just a scimmage Bell uses this a another practice day. Some people look as these as being a game.
I love how each season some fans from other schools try to judge Bell on the Panorama each year.
we held 6 six starters out resting up for next weeks big show down this helps build some depth though on the bright side of things.
Bell only beat Harlan by 14? o.0 Look out Hazard...
OK kids. One more time. Repeat after me. S C R I M M A G E. Not anything to judge any teams by. Good grief.
Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:OK kids. One more time. Repeat after me. S C R I M M A G E. Not anything to judge any teams by. Good grief.

I agree with that. But I will say that Bell Co. is going to be hard to handle with everyone back and there were no visible injuries that I saw. So I say it was a good experience for both Bell and Harlan.
All in all good tune-up for both teams, as they both play teams that each want to get their season going with big wins against very stiff competition.
lol i didnt know oslonian and polly was out and still scored a shut out and managed to score.
Look out Lex Cath.
The Collett kid is fast and has a move or two. He's not quite on the Davenport level but he is not far from it. If he gets a step or gets to the outside corner,you can write it down. He'll take it to the house. Harlan got a small taste last night. And they say Polly's better. WOW!!! What a double threat!!! Those two will be fun to watch this year.
I belive those out were polly,ozzie,spade ,mills and griffen.Healing up from camp oz said he would be ready to go monday.Does anybody know how jeffery saylors ankle is ? Freshman tailback #2 looked good ran hard straight in to contact ,not afraid to be hit.
Backwoods 2 or 3 starteres out.
William Muney 5 starters out.
Daniel Bell 6 starters out.
By time this thread is over the whole team will have been out.Confusednicker:
footballfever Wrote:Backwoods 2 or 3 starteres out.
William Muney 5 starters out.
Daniel Bell 6 starters out.
By time this thread is over the whole team will have been out.Confusednicker:

There were 5 starters out. Don't know were Daniel Bell got 6.
Amped 88 Wrote:There were 5 starters out. Don't know were Daniel Bell got 6.

Your exactly right. If anyone knows the true number you should. :Thumbs:
That's the truth, Truth!:biglmao:
Big confidence boost for Harlan. Bell Co. IS Bell Co. no matter who they have out. I think we can all agree.
Amped 88 Wrote:I would have to agree. This is just a scimmage Bell uses this a another practice day. Some people look as these as being a game.

Sure they do. In Harlan's defense,it would be equivilent to Bell Co. scrimmaging St. X or Trinity. I'm sure Bell Co. would take that very serious and be happy to perform well against teams of that caliber.
Harlan is looking good. but just a scrimmage. no need to panick on log moutain. the bobcats will be allright.
I once judged Bell to be weak based on their work against Clay in the Pan. They weren't. Still, lower score than anyone would have thought. But time has proven that likely means nothing for Bell. First game will tell alot for both these programs.