Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trinity v Highlands Scrimmage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
At halftime: Trinity leads 51-0. :yikes:
ahahaha, oh wow
51-8 in the 3rd Quarter.
Thats the only time this year youll see a score like this with highlands on the losing end man the rocks are ginna be good
63-23 in the Fourth Quarter.
63-31 Final. Wow! Not even that close it appears.
Their 1st team could have easily, I mean easily scored a C-note on the Birds. It was domination like I've never seen before at such a high level. This game has got to hurt them psychologically going into next week.
Quick ran opening kickoff back ran up the right side, cut back, and he was off no one could catch him.Wow! A few people from T were worried how their new Oline would do. Looked good The birds missed a lot of tackles at the point of attack. The RB #1 from T was really fast. I can't wait to see how they look come time against ciny moeller. Their D line was very fast off the ball as well. But the birds had the same problems as last year... tackling, blocking, catching the ball. In this situation it goes back too the basic. If they can get it under control as they did last year they should be fine.
Highlands looked bad in every facet. Trinity is a great team. But that wasn't a strong team they beat. The worst highlands has looked since 2005. I think there's going to be some personnel changes before next Friday. Defense was nonexistent.
chance_rollin Wrote:Quick ran opening kickoff back ran up the right side, cut back, and he was off no one could catch him.Wow! A few people from T were worried how their new Oline would do. Looked good The birds missed a lot of tackles at the point of attack. The RB #1 from T was really fast. I can't wait to see how they look come time against ciny moeller. Their D line was very fast off the ball as well. But the birds had the same problems as last year... tackling, blocking, catching the ball. In this situation it goes back too the basic. If they can get it under control as they did last year they should be fine.

A lot of poor tackling, a ton of dropped passes. Looked like Collinsworth hurt his arm. Special teams were terrible(long snaps continues to be a problem, poor puntting, kick coverage not very good). I thought second string QB (Houliston) looked good and threw stronger this year than last.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Highlands looked bad in every facet. Trinity is a great team. But that wasn't a strong team they beat. The worst highlands has looked since 2005. I think there's going to be some personnel changes before next Friday. Defense was nonexistent.

I do not think you are giving T enough credit. Highlands D looked good at times but T's star players were making big plays like you would expect. And T stated in HHS territory everytime but once, makes it pretty hard for the D. I thought HHS lines looked ok and will do fine in 4A competition. When you look at the stating O and D for both teams , how many from each team do you see going D1? None for HHS and quite a few for T, Great teams will make good teams look bad.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Their 1st team could have easily, I mean easily scored a C-note on the Birds. It was domination like I've never seen before at such a high level. This game has got to hurt them psychologically going into next week.

Yeah just got back. Wow. C-note would have happened ones on ones.
Im not sure if Trinity is that good or if the birds are not very good this year.

it seemed like every shamrock was faster than every bird.

I think Dale wasnt in game mode though (its wasnt a game) he barely ran the ball maybe three runs with the ones. and collinsworth didnt play. The passing game looked pretty rough.

defense flat out didnt rap up their tackles.

Trinity has multiple freaks so im not sure how to gage this beating.

Boyle, Lex Cath, and Cov Cath might be licking their chops to get a crack at a down Birds team.

this is probably exactly what the Birds needed though. A little reality check.
Dale s going use this exactly right and they will be fine.

ps i thought hueliston looked better than mccoy, obviously mccoy was going up against ones but hueliston throws were on point.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Highlands looked bad in every facet. Trinity is a great team. But that wasn't a strong team they beat. The worst highlands has looked since 2005. I think there's going to be some personnel changes before next Friday. Defense was nonexistent.

Are u kidding I don't think highlands could've really learned that much trinity would have done this to anyone in the country almost. I think the bluebirds just schedule this game to humble the kids.
birdman44 Wrote:Yeah just got back. Wow. C-note would have happened ones on ones.
Im not sure if Trinity is that good or if the birds are not very good this year.

it seemed like every shamrock was faster than every bird.

I think Dale wasnt in game mode though (its wasnt a game) he barely ran the ball maybe three runs with the ones. and collinsworth didnt play. The passing game looked pretty rough.

defense flat out didnt rap up their tackles.

Trinity has multiple freaks so im not sure how to gage this beating.

Boyle, Lex Cath, and Cov Cath might be licking their chops to get a crack at a down Birds team.

this is probably exactly what the Birds needed though. A little reality check.
Dale s going use this exactly right and they will be fine.

ps i thought hueliston looked better than mccoy, obviously mccoy was going up against ones but hueliston throws were on point.

I said the same thing about Boyle. This game was such an !!!whoopin' that no one can tell me that this doesn't make the kids question just how good they really are this year. Birds looked small, slow, and lethargic in this one compared to Trinity. Houliston is more of pure passer, but McCoy is an athlete. Keep in mind he was running with the 1st team D. I don't think Trinity is that good. I think they looked good against an average squad this year. Look for some close games this year in 4a.
you could get all the best out on the field if Hueliston goes to QB and McCoy goes back to WR.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:I said the same thing about Boyle. This game was such an !!!whoopin' that no one can tell me that this doesn't make the kids question just how good they really are this year. Birds looked small, slow, and lethargic in this one compared to Trinity. Houliston is more of pure passer, but McCoy is an athlete. Keep in mind he was running with the 1st team D. I don't think Trinity is that good. I think they looked good against an average squad this year. Look for some close games this year in 4a.

First off im a huge Highlands fan, but a season with some close calls might be fun to watch. glad the semi finals will be at home if the birds get there! do they serve hat at the 915?
Trinity kills highlands but highlands still will kill all teams in 4a sad but true.
Man you bird fans are something else. They come across what could be te best team in the country and some of you are saying 4A is gonna be close and some teams are licking there chops. Everyone knows the road to bowling green still goes through Fort Thomas
fence jumper Wrote:Trinity kills highlands but highlands still will kill all teams in 4a sad but true.

Well see about that come friday night. Go Rebels ....
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Man you bird fans are something else. They come across what could be te best team in the country and some of you are saying 4A is gonna be close and some teams are licking there chops. Everyone knows the road to bowling green still goes through Fort Thomas

Just read back through all the posts, and there is only one poster predicting close games in 4A, and he (or she) plays the role of alarmist every season, so do with that what you will.

To be clear, Highlands is beatable every season. Whether they get beat or not depends on whether their opponents have the coaching, players, preparation, game planning, conditioning and execution to pull it off. If memory serves, the last time it happened was the 2010 season at Ryle, where the Raiders had all the components listed above and snapped the Birds' winning streak.

A loss like last night smarts, but as of this post, HHS is back at it, and will soon be studying film in order to get better. Next week's game against Boyle will be a much better barometer of this team's chances in 4A this season.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Are u kidding I don't think highlands could've really learned that much trinity would have done this to anyone in the country almost. I think the bluebirds just schedule this game to humble the kids.

T will lose this year this game came down to field position Highlands better find them a kicker Ohio schools will get T this year number 6 was the best player for T in this game. highlands special teams were a joke to watch in this game.
mrb5150 Wrote:T will lose this year this game came down to field position Highlands better find them a kicker Ohio schools will get T this year number 6 was the best player for T in this game. highlands special teams were a joke to watch in this game.

Alex, I'll take Punctuation for $200, please.

:biggrin:
mrb5150 Wrote:T will lose this year this game came down to field position Highlands better find them a kicker Ohio schools will get T this year number 6 was the best player for T in this game. highlands special teams were a joke to watch in this game.

You are right, HHS special teams were terrible. HHS still would not have won if T had to make 80 yard drives each time, but HHS D did not have a chance with T starting in HHS territory on EVERY possesion. Special teams use to be HHS strong point and a difference maker, last year was bad and looks like this year will be too. #6 was a beast ( a man playing against boys). I disagree with you on them getting beat though, I see them crusing through the season.
Thunder 44 Wrote:Just read back through all the posts, and there is only one poster predicting close games in 4A, and he (or she) plays the role of alarmist every season, so do with that what you will.

To be clear, Highlands is beatable every season. Whether they get beat or not depends on whether their opponents have the coaching, players, preparation, game planning, conditioning and execution to pull it off. If memory serves, the last time it happened was the 2010 season at Ryle, where the Raiders had all the components listed above and snapped the Birds' winning streak.

A loss like last night smarts, but as of this post, HHS is back at it, and will soon be studying film in order to get better. Next week's game against Boyle will be a much better barometer of this team's chances in 4A this season.

hey i call em like i see them, she or he or heshee. Highlands tackled worse than i have ever seen. and the O couldnt do anythng. I know trinity is crazy good but they looked like a 8th grade team going against varsity.

of course after that boyle lex cath and cov cath are licking their chops. Birds will probably beat these teams, we'll have to see but those other teams just got some confidence.

Also the birds got exactly what they needed. Now they know they can be beat and the hardest working team in ky hs football will be working extra hard for the next 15 weeks.
sstack Wrote:A lot of poor tackling, a ton of dropped passes. Looked like Collinsworth hurt his arm. Special teams were terrible(long snaps continues to be a problem, poor puntting, kick coverage not very good). I thought second string QB (Houliston) looked good and threw stronger this year than last.

#16 was the WR that got hurt and he did return in the game but looked to be still nursing his left arm. I thought it was Collinsworth, but was told today that Collinsworth and Christian (the top two WR's) did not dress for the T game. That is good to hear after all the dropped passes in the game. Does anyone know who #16 is?
birdman44 Wrote:hey i call em like i see them, she or he or heshee. Highlands tackled worse than i have ever seen. and the O couldnt do anythng. I know trinity is crazy good but they looked like a 8th grade team going against varsity.

of course after that boyle lex cath and cov cath are licking their chops. Birds will probably beat these teams, we'll have to see but those other teams just got some confidence.

Also the birds got exactly what they needed. Now they know they can be beat and the hardest working team in ky hs football will be working extra hard for the next 15 weeks.

Sorry, you were not the alarmist I was referencing. I recall a similar "licking their chops" discussion after last year's scrimmage, and that turned out ok.

You are right, in that they will be working extra hard. I saw a couple players after practice, and they had just finished going over film and have plenty of things to work on. I am confident they will bounce back from this and be just fine.
51-0 mid 2nd qtr and Trinity puts in their #2's......That's as alarming as it gets. They will definitely not roll over Boyle. It will be close, guaranteed.
sstack Wrote:#16 was the WR that got hurt and he did return in the game but looked to be still nursing his left arm. I thought it was Collinsworth, but was told today that Collinsworth and Christian (the top two WR's) did not dress for the T game. That is good to hear after all the dropped passes in the game. Does anyone know who #16 is?

i think 16 is turner. he played a lot last year and scored in the state game. I did see some drops in the game, but the passes were kinda up for grabbs. I think McCoy was doing his best Towles impression. He should stick to what he does best like what the did in the Elder game. rolling out , short passes, and running.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:I said the same thing about Boyle. This game was such an !!!whoopin' that no one can tell me that this doesn't make the kids question just how good they really are this year. Birds looked small, slow, and lethargic in this one compared to Trinity. Houliston is more of pure passer, but McCoy is an athlete. Keep in mind he was running with the 1st team D. I don't think Trinity is that good. I think they looked good against an average squad this year. Look for some close games this year in 4a.

Good gracious. Did you just say that in your opinion, that Shamrocks are not that good? WOW!
sawmill Wrote:Well see about that come friday night. Go Rebels ....

Dream on saw...well I tell you what, after a performance like that by the Bluebirds, Boyle County might just have a chance.
Pages: 1 2