Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Nick Britt, Russell County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I saw the kid play last year and he was an outstanding player. Is any colleges looking at him? How is he off the field and in the class?
Britt is a Great Talent, a little undersized, but Great Speed and football savey.
Nick is an amazing athelete! He makes plays every game that make you wonder if you really just saw what you saw. I believe campbellsville has offered a full ride. D1 schools have shown interest but I think they are scared off by his lack of size. They shouldn't be! I don't think he has ever missed a game his entire middle school and high school career. He looks like an action figure with his shirt off! You don't have to be big to be a great running back...just ask Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, or even Darren Sprowles.
He is very good. As elusive as any of the big names in the state.
Britt has been to a few camps this year. He has been getting looks from WKU, Ball State, and a few other D1 schools to some extent. There has not been a lot of exposure for Russell County football or Britt. I would expect that he will get some late offers. He is as good of a running back as I have ever seen. Were he to be playing for a team like BC he could be putting up JJ Jude type numbers.

His size has been a draw back for many, but this season you will see a much stronger Britt....with no loss of speed or quickness. If he is fortunate to have a healthy season he will be in the running for total rushing yardage and TDs scored.
seeing his higlight film i know he is a outstanding running back. a little undersized but i wouldnt worry about that if i was colleges. how is he in the class? could that be holding some schools from offering?
From what I saw of this kid last year he all the tools to play at the next level next year if a school will give him the chance. Kinda reminds me of derick Locke in his speed an moves wish him the best of luck
After 1 season as the third back in rotation and 2 season as the primary back Nick has compiled:
438 Points,
3,576 Yards Rushing,
73 TDs Scored (38 last season alone).

Last season he average a TD every 5 touches. He led 4A in scoring and was 2nd in the state overall. If he stays healthy this season he is on track to finish with stats that will place him in the Top 10 All-Time in TDs Scored, Points Scored, and Rushing TDs. He will be Top 25 All-time in Rushing Yards. He reminds me of Bobby Rainey from WKU....a smaller back, very elusive, and a scoring threat any time he touches the ball.
PreacherVol71 Wrote:Nick is an amazing athelete! He makes plays every game that make you wonder if you really just saw what you saw. I believe campbellsville has offered a full ride. D1 schools have shown interest but I think they are scared off by his lack of size. They shouldn't be! I don't think he has ever missed a game his entire middle school and high school career. He looks like an action figure with his shirt off! You don't have to be big to be a great running back...just ask Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, or even Darren Sprowles.

WOW! He's in the same breath as those HALL OF FAMERS?
^
No I would think with your major college education you would be able to understand that I was simply saying that he was as tall as those great running backs....Wow more sarcasm from you......I'm shocked!
laker20 Wrote:After 1 season as the third back in rotation and 2 season as the primary back Nick has compiled:
438 Points,
3,576 Yards Rushing,
73 TDs Scored (38 last season alone).

Last season he average a TD every 5 touches. He led 4A in scoring and was 2nd in the state overall. If he stays healthy this season he is on track to finish with stats that will place him in the Top 10 All-Time in TDs Scored, Points Scored, and Rushing TDs. He will be Top 25 All-time in Rushing Yards. He reminds me of Bobby Rainey from WKU....a smaller back, very elusive, and a scoring threat any time he touches the ball.

Scary! That is almost like Barry Bonds that one season when he averaged a HR every 6 At-bats, lol.
Britt is very elusive, but speed would be a question. I saw him run the 100 several times this year and he was always 4th or 5th. He got beat by the somerset kids in every race, chevraunt and lange and a few others
Did they have pads on? Track speed and football speed are two different things!
nick is a fast kid. Track speed and football speed are two totally diffferent things. Nick has moves that i havent saw in years. In track you run in a straight line, track and football are two different speeds trust me i have done both.
This kid is fast.
I had a chance to watch Britt on a couple of occasions when he was in our District. The thing about this kid is he runs downhill everytime he touches the ball. He doesn't go down on the first contact and he will keep you holding your breath. I don't know what happened to Russell Co. last year but I would think that being it is his final year he will do everything he can to go out with a bang.
I said he was a very good RB, but to compare his speed to Derrick Locke. I dont think so. Locke was 4.3. I think there is a direct relationship with track speed and football speed, not exact but very close. He has great lateral movement and quickness. But not pull away speed. Not a chance for D1 IMO.
Grey Goose Wrote:I said he was a very good RB, but to compare his speed to Derrick Locke. I dont think so. Locke was 4.3. I think there is a direct relationship with track speed and football speed, not exact but very close. He has great lateral movement and quickness. But not pull away speed. Not a chance for D1 IMO.

I agree that he isn't the fastest 100m runner around, but you obviously haven't watched him play much. I would think anyone who has been on the field with him would say he has pull away speed. The thing is, he's so strong for his size that his speed doesn't change from pads to no pads. In fact, at 5'8" he finished 2nd at the state track meet in the long jump.

If you watch the highlight video above, you will see most of his runs were leaving some fairly quick players well behind. He has the best vision of any HS RB I've seen in the past 30 years.
I agree with Laker20, the kid may not have the fastest 100 but he is still fast, you put a football in his hand and he will explode, he is quick and he see's the WHOLE field. He is a straight athlete and i am expecting big things from this kind again this year.
He should be able to put up some good numbers in their first game against Campbellsville
Nick got player of the week last year in the state. i believe he can put up better numbers than last years first game. but we will see
Russell_Football Wrote:Nick got player of the week last year in the state. i believe he can put up better numbers than last years first game. but we will see

I will be producing the game @ the radio station here in Campbellsville. Hope everyone has a fun, safe trip.
I would REALLY be suprised if he doesn't go for at least 200 against Campbellsville in the first game.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I will be producing the game @ the radio station here in Campbellsville. Hope everyone has a fun, safe trip.

Given the forecast, I may be taking this game in by radio. Hoping the storms pass early cause we've all been waiting far too long for Friday Football to make it's return. GO LAKERS!!!!
looks like the storms are gonna pass thru early in the morning. Should be a great night for some high school friday night lights.
Had some minor showers @ around 2ish here in C-Ville. Things are drying out and the turf should be fast.
First game, and it was clearly a stronger Nick Britt. On a couple of carries he broke multiple tackles to get additional yardage. He ended up with:

197 Yards on 9 Carries (Must have ran away from a few players, huh?)
3 TDs
All by half time.
Did anyone else see the block he had on the kickoff return? WOW!!!
I was just getting into C'ville and was listening on the radio. It sounded like both he and another Laker player (Evan Fletcher perhaps) de-cleated a couple of Campbellsville players. Evan had a few nice runs.
Pages: 1 2