Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: J.J. Reddick wins Wooden Award
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Party time. WHATEVER!
There's a surprise
Yeah Boy..All year all we heard was about Morrison being player of the year..how he would win AP Player, Wooden Award, please, go home, he can't compete with J.J. or the talent of the ACC.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Yeah Boy..All year all we heard was about Morrison being player of the year..how he would win AP Player, Wooden Award, please, go home, he can't compete with J.J. or the talent of the ACC.

I think that Morrison will be a better NBA player than J.J.!! Morrison can create his own shot and has better rebounding skills than J.J. MORRISON WAS SIMPLY OVERLOOKED BECAUSE OF WHAT SCHOOL HE PLAYED FOR!!! WE WILL SEE WHO DOES BETTER IN THE NBA !!!!! :Thumbs:
The Wooden Award is one of many given out, Morrison won the Chevy POY last week at the Final four, and they split the writers awards.....
And Morrison was only a Junior.
Boooo! ACC competition was great, two to the sweet 16 and DONE!!!:notworthy Morrison deserved it in my honest opinion.:champ:
Can't have a year without someone from DUke winning something they have to make sure they keep them happy.
CatDawg Wrote:Can't have a year without someone from DUke winning something they have to make sure they keep them happy.

Yeah, well when you get some of the top recruits every year, its bound to happen. But lately it's gonna start fading away, even Josh Mcroberts is thinking about entering the draft.
cardsfan Wrote:I think that Morrison will be a better NBA player than J.J.!! Morrison can create his own shot and has better rebounding skills than J.J. MORRISON WAS SIMPLY OVERLOOKED BECAUSE OF WHAT SCHOOL HE PLAYED FOR!!! WE WILL SEE WHO DOES BETTER IN THE NBA !!!!! :Thumbs:

I don't know, Redick can shoot from anywhere at any time with people in his face, even off balance. I don't know though because of how much more althletic the NBA is. I think that Morrison will probly be better in the NBA, but who knows
Congrats to JJ!!
Congrats to Redick. Still think Morrison should have won it
Hard to argue with JJ winning it
cardsfan Wrote:I think that Morrison will be a better NBA player than J.J.!! Morrison can create his own shot and has better rebounding skills than J.J. MORRISON WAS SIMPLY OVERLOOKED BECAUSE OF WHAT SCHOOL HE PLAYED FOR!!! WE WILL SEE WHO DOES BETTER IN THE NBA !!!!! :Thumbs:
i agree
Morrison was more deserving of the award IMO...
What does it matter who will be the better pro player? This is a college based award. It had nothing to do with waht you will or won't do at the next level. JJ and Morison were the 2 best college basketball players in the country this year. Either one of them winning it is understandable. If anyone else had won it there would be somthing to complain about but these two individuals were so close that both were deserving and either one winning it is more than acceptable IMO.
I geuss I like to see players from smaller schools get attention when they do outstanding! As far as who will do better in the NBA is legitimate because it is the best over all award one can receive other than the national championship ring!
Matney's Prodigey Wrote:What does it matter who will be the better pro player? This is a college based award. It had nothing to do with waht you will or won't do at the next level. JJ and Morison were the 2 best college basketball players in the country this year. Either one of them winning it is understandable. If anyone else had won it there would be somthing to complain about but these two individuals were so close that both were deserving and either one winning it is more than acceptable IMO.
Thank you, i didn't have to write it!
cardsfan Wrote:I geuss I like to see players from smaller schools get attention when they do outstanding! As far as who will do better in the NBA is legitimate because it is the best over all award one can receive other than the national championship ring!
No it is not, that's ludicrous.

The NBA game is VASTLY differnet than the college game. Whoever does better i nthe league has ZERO relevanve on this argument.
congrats
-STAT- Wrote:Congrats to Redick. Still think Morrison should have won it

If they voted after the tourney, yeah, but they did the voting before the tourney, that's why JJ won
CatDawg Wrote:Can't have a year without someone from DUke winning something they have to make sure they keep them happy.

Well thats because duke is always good..GO DUKE:rockon: