Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle County 63 - Rowan County 0 (Scrimmage)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ouch
Strikeout King Wrote:Ouch

thats what i said,lol
Heard it was 28-0 at half.
Scrimmage should teach u things about a team , but what can u learn from this?
Don't get me wrong You will always take a result like this but Boyle does has some work to do. I think the Defense could be as good as last year but will take 2 or 3 more games. The offense won't take near as long to be as good as last year and should be pretty good by mid season.
Oh and Rowan needs a bunch of work !!!
Ouch, rough night for the Lockegee Rock crowd.
Like I said in the other thread, this might sound silly but where there any bright spots for Rowan? What about the big fullback that missed last season? The new Qb?
thecoacher Wrote:Like I said in the other thread, this might sound silly but where there any bright spots for Rowan? What about the big fullback that missed last season? The new Qb?

None that i saw,they only had 1 or 2 first downs in the first half,and one of those may have been the result of a penalty.
Jack Lambert Wrote:None that i saw,they only had 1 or 2 first downs in the first half,and one of those may have been the result of a penalty.

Were they still running the spread offense and the 3-5 defense? Lots of new players and a new D coordinator could cause them some growing pains.
thecoacher Wrote:Like I said in the other thread, this might sound silly but where there any bright spots for Rowan? What about the big fullback that missed last season? The new Qb?

Fullback had a few decent runs, but most of the time Boyle's D swallowed up every rush attempt. QB looked very inexperienced, but he has some big shoes to fill after they lost Wing.

I'm excited for Boyle this season, especially after tonight. I agree, they have a lot to work on, but the I think this could be the most balanced offense Boyle has had in a while. The running game looked solid tonight; line opening holes, and all the backs ran it hard. Plus there is a very good core of tight ends and recievers to go with a good senior QB. Defensive line play also looked very good at times, especially the D ends. If Boyle just works out some of the kinks we saw tonight, they could make things interesting in Fort Thomas in 9 days.
Rowan seemed spirited early and acted like they wanted to be there. Two big plays later and the body language was way different. So they definitely need leadership. Got some good size Dlinemen but they stand and watch the plays. I think they can put a decent team on the field this season but need work.
thecoacher Wrote:Were they still running the spread offense and the 3-5 defense? Lots of new players and a new D coordinator could cause them some growing pains.

Lots of different looks on O. D was a 3-5.
Iif you have enough linebackers the 3-5 is a great defense.
Outstanding job by the Rowan County defense.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Outstanding job by the Rowan County defense.

Usually teams travel in 2 buses. 1 for offensive players and 1 for defensive personel. I guess Rowan County bus that had the defense either broke down or got lost and never made it to the game. Confusednicker:
Not surprising.
So much for Rowan having 4 all state defensive linemen.
they are saving the big back for the season. the fullback was lambert that got a few good runs. the dline for rowan is good lambert and moore didnt play.
So I take it this was a game type scrimmage, as oppose to the 10 plays on offense then 10 on defense format?
TRUESTATECHAMP Wrote:they are saving the big back for the season. the fullback was lambert that got a few good runs. the dline for rowan is good lambert and moore didnt play.

WOW.. so 2 players did not play much for Rowan County? In that case the score should have been just 35-0, instead of 63-0?
TRUESTATECHAMP Wrote:they are saving the big back for the season. the fullback was lambert that got a few good runs. the dline for rowan is good lambert and moore didnt play.

I saw where Lambert played last year (on a horrific defense) but who is Moore? Can't find his name on the roster from last year. Wish these guys had played so Boyle would know what they have to work on.
Pigskinman53 Wrote:So I take it this was a game type scrimmage, as oppose to the 10 plays on offense then 10 on defense format?

Yes, I believe it was game type scrimmage. Running clock used in the 4th I believe.
Hatz Wrote:Yes, I believe it was game type scrimmage. Running clock used in the 4th I believe.

Yep.
Well pretty much what I expected. I think the coaching staff at Rowan is phenomenal but you don't just Lose Adam wing then have a great season. I'm sure there is talent but it will take some time to replace the leadership and talent that players like wing and cross have provided the last few seasons.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Well pretty much what I expected. I think the coaching staff at Rowan is phenomenal but you don't just Lose Adam wing then have a great season. I'm sure there is talent but it will take some time to replace the leadership and talent that players like wing and cross have provided the last few seasons.

I very much like the coaching staff at Rowan. The whole game they were preaching fundamentals, running on and off the field, competing every play, attitude, pride, etc.....
Seems like a good opportunity for Boyle to build some confidence going into the season. This scrimmage could've done more harm than good for Rowan though. We will see.
I knew Boyle County would win, but I didn't think it would be this lopsided -- ouch. :/
64black&gold Wrote:I very much like the coaching staff at Rowan. The whole game they were preaching fundamentals, running on and off the field, competing every play, attitude, pride, etc.....

Yes they are really changing the program there. But they were in such shambles as little as 6 years ago and werent even competing in district play. So they have done a phenomenal job winning a couple diustricts and then going 8-3 and giving cov cath all they could handle last year for a half are things the program could never dream of before. So while this may not be as successful of a season they finally have the leadership at the top to turn the program into a winning one. The school has always had good athletes and now they are starting to play football.