Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dorton Wildcat Invitational (Boys' 8th Grade)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We will be having our annual tournament Nov. 12th-16th this year. We had a great tournament last year with Pikeville winning the championship. We usually have between 8 and 14 teams in the tournament. If interested comment here or call me at 637-6458 (home) or 794-6296 (cell). There is no entry fee.

Alternate dates will be the first week or the third week of November (depending on the dates of our preseason tournament).
This is a premier tournament that allow teams to see where they stand early in the season. I can testify that you can expect to play quality competition with the best officiating "possible" and the most flexible schedule anywhere. Randy year-in and year-out host the best tournament around and he will more than accommodate everybody and place his team up against the toughest 0pponents, especially in pool play. Dorton has great resources for all participates and it is an honor to attend as a supporter and spectator each year.
Thanks Coach Davis for all you do for the kids, not only at Dorton but throughout the county.
Yes i do very much agree it is better than the preseason tourney in Pike County, I just love the concept of pool play so the tourney can be set and the teams involved are top of the line competition, he does run a wonderful tourney there.
Guys,

Thanks for the kind words. We have been lucky enough to have good teams enter our tournament every year. The competition level is always tough (we didn't even make it past the first night last year with a pretty good team). Our principal has really supported this tournament over the years and works really hard to help make it a great one. Our parents really give of themselves (with concession items and labor) to make it a success, and I couldn't do it without the help of my mom, dad, and wife. Coach Rowe at Virgie has also helped alot by letting us use their gym for some first round games. I think last year's field was the most evenly matched we've had. Hopefully this years' will be close to as good as it was.
Cougar Connection Wrote:This is a premier tournament that allow teams to see where they stand early in the season. I can testify that you can expect to play quality competition with the best officiating "possible" and the most flexible schedule anywhere. Randy year-in and year-out host the best tournament around and he will more than accommodate everybody and place his team up against the toughest 0pponents, especially in pool play. Dorton has great resources for all participates and it is an honor to attend as a supporter and spectator each year.
Thanks Coach Davis for all you do for the kids, not only at Dorton but throughout the county.

Thanks Van. Looking forward to another great season (with your help hopefully). I can't thank you enough for all that you did for the team last season.
Team List So Far
Dorton
Paintsville
Millard
Feds Creek
I look forward to it! I know by the time this tournament comes around all the hopefuls will want to participate. Should be really exciting and from what I know about the competition thats out there it could be the best tournament of the season.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Team List So Far
Dorton
Paintsville
Millard
Feds Creek

Added AB Combs today.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Added AB Combs today.

Add Belfry to the list.
Add Valley to the list.
new o Wrote:Add Valley to the list.

Got it. Thanks.
Yes this is always a Great Tourney! Wish I could attend this year!
OffTheHook Wrote:Yes this is always a Great Tourney! Wish I could attend this year!

Thanks. We'd love to see you there. I might even hook you up with a free dinner if that'd make it worth your trip. Lol
Right now I am looking at these dates for the tournament:

November 12th-15th, and the 17th. Have to plan it around the Pike County Preseason Tournament which I think may end up being on Nov 10th and 11th right after the girls' county tournament.

Updated Team List:
1. Dorton
2. Valley
3. Millard
4. Feds Creek
5. Belfry
6. Mullins
7. AB Combs
8. Paintsville
Meant to mention to you last week when we was on the phone, if this tournament does not interfere with the Right Beaver Classic, if I can get in it since it's Floyd County's opening season tournament, Wesley would enjoy being part of this though we are young and have a lot of developing to do.
That's a lot of if's! What about Betsy Layne? Hazard? Magoffin? Johns Creek?
I think Johns Creek is in it.
Good! I think you guys will do well!
Is there any updates of who is in the tournament so far?
JC_Bearcats Wrote:Is there any updates of who is in the tournament so far?

List so far:

1)Dorton
2)Valley
3)Belfry
4)Millard
5)Feds Creek
6)Mullins
7)AB Combs
8)Whitesburg
9)Paintsville
10)Johns Creek

I also have interest from Chavies and Wesley.

Tournament will be Nov 12th-16th.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Thanks. We'd love to see you there. I might even hook you up with a free dinner if that'd make it worth your trip. Lol

Man that's aweful tempting!!! :yum:

If I can make it, I will for sure bring my apatite!!!:popcorn:
OffTheHook Wrote:Man that's aweful tempting!!! :yum:

If I can make it, I will for sure bring my apatite!!!:popcorn:

Pork BBQ or Hotdog dinner? Hope to see you there.