Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Browns name Brandon Weeden named starter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
BEREA, Ohio -- Brandon Weeden won the Browns' starting quarterback job without playing a game.
Cleveland coach Pat Shurmur announced what had been an open secret after practice on Monday: Weeden, the No. 22 overall pick, will start Friday night in Detroit.
"Brandon is the starter and we're moving forward," Shurmur said. "We're rolling and I'm not looking back."
Weeden has taken snaps with Cleveland's first-team offense throughout training camp. He was pleased by the decision.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/st...uarterback
I said it when we done our BGR style draft that this guy would be starting for the Browns and he should. They have noone else, and Weeden is a mature 28 year old rookie that can play the professional game well IMO.
Should be interesting. I know Clevland is excited about this season.
Too bad he will retire in a few years lol...
this guy will never get a big time contract because of his age
^^You don't know that. A 5 year $30 million contract in the NFL is a "bigtime" contract for a man who can handle an NFL offense and locker room. He may be technically a rookie, but his mind and actions are far from that "rookie" skillset.
It is true that in 2-3 years he may start showing signs of his age.

However, with his age and having played in the Majors, he should bring a lot of maturity and work ethic to that team. Hope he does well.
vundy33 Wrote:^^You don't know that. A 5 year $30 million contract in the NFL is a "bigtime" contract for a man who can handle an NFL offense and locker room. He may be technically a rookie, but his mind and actions are far from that "rookie" skillset.

His mind and actions aren't that of a rookie...
but he's still never took a snap from the center and tried to make a pass on an opposing defense in the NFL.

He put his football down for a few years and went back and picked it up in the college ranks. It doesn't matter how old you are or how mature you are; the only thing that will make you a legit NFL quarterback is playing quarterback in the NFL - which he still has a month and some change to go before he does that.