Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky American Legion State Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ashland Post 76 7 Owensboro Post 9 3

Alex Thaxton goes the distance for Ashland last night. They move on to take on Paducah tonight at 7 pm central time.

The only other winners I know of were:
Paducah & Shelbyville
Metcalfe Co. was the other team that won.
Thursdays scores:
Mayfield 10, Danville 9, danville eliminated
Mayfield scored six in the 9th!

Owensboro 15, Campbellsville 2, Campbellsville eliminated

Winners’ bracket :

Shelbyville 9, Metcalfe County 6

Paducah 7, Ashland 4
Paducah trailed Ashland 4-1 in the 7th but rallied big late
Todays games:

Elimination games:
Owensboro vs. Ashland 10 am
Mayfield vs. Metcalfe 1 pm
(winners of these games play again at 7:30 pm)

Winners bracket:
Paducah vs. Shelbyville 4:30 pm
OffTheHook Wrote:Ashland Post 76 7 Owensboro Post 9 3

Alex Thaxton
goes the distance for Ashland last night. They move on to take on Paducah tonight at 7 pm central time.

The only other winners I know of were:
Paducah & Shelbyville

Do you know if Alex has an older brother named Pete, Hook?
I heard that Shelbyville beat Metcalfe County yesterday.
Bob Seger Wrote:Do you know if Alex has an older brother named Pete, Hook?

Yes, Alex's older brother Pete pitched at Georgetown and Marshall I want to say. I played with his middle brother Tyler when I played American Legion ball, he went on to the University of Charleston. Great baseball family and even better people.
Pupaw Wrote:Yes, Alex's older brother Pete pitched at Georgetown and Marshall I want to say. I played with his middle brother Tyler when I played American Legion ball, he went on to the University of Charleston. Great baseball family and even better people.

Didn't know that Daddy Pete had a third son. Little Pete played high school ball I think in Calloway Co. He played for the Huntington Hounds one summer and that is where I got to know the family. Obviously not all of them looks like though. Yes you are correct, little Pete played one year as a position player at Marshall before transferring to Georgetown where he played first, DHed and relieved.
Shelbyville defeated Paducah 9-0 to advance to the state final
In the late Friday action
Mayfield eliminates Metcalfe 14-3

Advances to play Paducah at 1 Saturday
Loser of that game is eliminated
Winner faces Shelbyville in Championship game
Ashland struggled the entire tourney. Couldn't field it or hit it. Beat themselves out IMO. Good Luck to the rest of the teams.
Shelbyville won the state championship over Paducah 5-2. Collins graduate and Eastern Kentucky signee Chris Cervantes pitched a complete game for Shelbyville.
Congrats to Shelbyville. At least we can say that we did beat them.
I am the Oldham Aces Ass't Coach. We lost to them last year in game that would have sent us to state, after leading 5-0 heading into the bottom of the 8th. This year, same situation, beat them, we go. They won 16-11, ripped our pitchers all night. We had beaten them in District Tourney last year, this year they beat us twice. Coach Wiley does a superb job, really thought Metcalf Co. and Danville were better, but as we all know, the better team wins sometimes, the hotter team wins the other times. Does anyone know where the regional is? A website where I can follow it? Thanks, Coach Rhodes
^I want to say in NC. Bythe way. WELCOME to the site!
http://www.p-15.net/2012_SE_Regional.php

Here is the host team website. You can go on here and listen to the games.
the 2nd site listed by kybaseball5 is an excellent site, will be easily followed using that one. Go Shelbyville!
Thanks!
Coaches we aren't doing something right in Kentucky. They had a banquet for all the teams here last night and man they are some big boys. I gonna guess that most of these kids are in college. Shelbyville starts off playing Virginia at 9. They have about 5 kids that pitch that are 6'2" or taller. Then you get to the corners and man I think they packed the bus here. Should make for an interesting game. I think Chris Cervantas will take the mound for Shelbyville. Hopefully he got plenty of rest last night and is on point for the game.
American Legion is much bigger out that way than it is here at home. It almost like having a Minor League team in some areas.
According to the website listed above Shelbyville lost to Virginia 3-2 this morning. They will play the loser of Alabama/South Carolina tomorrow at 9:00 AM.
Congrats for the State win Shelby