Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any thoughts on the hawks this season
They will have descent size, especially Blackburn and solid guards and be mostly Sophs. with good experience.

My question is chemistry.

The transfer thing has been well documented on the football side but they have a few on the basketball side and to be honest it cost them the Smith brothers, who I would rather have.
Smith boys abandoned a sinking ship. Youngest enrolled at Johns Creek and oldest at Pike Central.
PantherTradition Wrote:Smith boys abandoned a sinking ship. Youngest enrolled at Johns Creek and oldest at Pike Central.

Pike Central is 3-4 best team in region then.
who will be the starting 5
Pike Central had its worst season in school history in Boy's Basketball last season. It was very painful to watch. They had no athleticism anywhere on the team. No post presence. No go to guy. Coaching was very suspect. I just don't see things getting better. Unless they had 10 new players transfer in and replace the whole starting 5 and the top 5 off the bench then they will be lucky to garner a 500 record and I mean that would be considered a very successful season to go 500 with the players and coach they have. Its really sad.
Carwile is a solid coach and PCC was athletic, just very young.

Who do you suggest they get?
He is a very solid coach A? They went 6-22. The worst record in school history. They only scored over 60 points in 4 of their 28 games last season. So I would say that he is not a solid coach at all. Youth is not an excuse for that bad of a season and as far as a replacement coach goes you could name just about anyone and I am sure they would turn in a better performance than 6-22. Come on you must be his kin or something to make up excuses of that nature.
They made it to the region semi's the year before after a 4 year absences from the tournament.

They lost 80% of their scoring from the year before and was a miracle shot away from going back to region again this year.

There was exactly 2 realistic options to be head coach at Pike Central and they chose Carwile.

Once again name a coach that would come into that situation.
This is too easy. Pike Central hadn't made the region in two season's prior to his arrival not 4. Stop making up stuff. He isn't a very good coach and they aren't a very good team.
He is 20-34 in his two season's at Pike Central. Enough said.
BEFORE Carwile from David Rowes last year, Pike Central was a combined 44-71 with one region appearance and that was the "Super-District" where they was guaranteed to make it.

They also had 3 coaches within that time.

Who do you want to have the job?
I will say once again that I do not want anyone in particular to have the job. I am only stating the facts. Carwile is not the a very good coach. Pike Central is not a very good team. With that being said, I do believe with a better coach they could very well could build a program. But with Carwile the future is anything but bright. I have no personal agenda here. I would love to see Pike Central succeed in basketball once again. In my opinion he is not the answer and they should look elsewhere. Stop acting like Pike Central is the Piarist job and that there wouldn't be any qualified candidates with an extensive search committee which is exactly what needs to be formed to find the next coach to bring the Pike Central Basketball team from the ashes after this very season.
LOL

I throw this out there -

The people who expressed interest in the job that were teachers when Johnny Martin was let go.

Kevin Amburgey
Eric Ratliff
Bobby Varney
Mike Smith

2-3 more guys from down state who had 0 experience at the high school level or very, very limited success.

They contacted Allen Hatcher who said no, but put them in contact with Carwile.
Coach Carwile will be fine. It doesn't matter who you have steering the ship when you don't have enough to row it. Give the kids some time to mature and then make a judgement. It goes to show the ignorance of parents/fans who think they know what it takes to win. Stupidity personified. I'll stand corrected if 3 seasons from now the winning percentage is still sub .500.
What exactly happened with Johnny Martin? I figured he would have lasted longer.
Being a former player of Pike Central during the winning days who won PIT after PIT and District championships. I believe I have earned the right to pass judgement on the state of the program.
sportsguru4u Wrote:Being a former player of Pike Central during the winning days who won PIT after PIT and District championships. I believe I have earned the right to pass judgement on the state of the program.
But you never played for Carwile, and your teams were more talented. To expect more is silly. Can't get blood out of a turnip.
Point being that the 15 region is one of the weakest regions in the state. It has been for many years. With the exception of Shelby Valley winning the state championship a few years back and even that year the talent in the state was well below what KHSAA standards have been in the past, so their is no excuse for a 6-22 season with 2 of those wins being against phelps. Pike Central isn't the David School, Piarist, or some low enrollment private or small enrollment public school. It has a very large pool of kids to pull from and playing in a very weak watered down region 6 wins and 22 loses is no where near acceptable.
sportsguru4u Wrote:He is a very solid coach A? They went 6-22. The worst record in school history. They only scored over 60 points in 4 of their 28 games last season. So I would say that he is not a solid coach at all. Youth is not an excuse for that bad of a season and as far as a replacement coach goes you could name just about anyone and I am sure they would turn in a better performance than 6-22. Come on you must be his kin or something to make up excuses of that nature.

Wrong. Worst season was in 1996 when the gym was newly opened. That team finished 4-24 and lost opening round of district in new gym.
sportsguru4u Wrote:Point being that the 15 region is one of the weakest regions in the state. It has been for many years. With the exception of Shelby Valley winning the state championship a few years back and even that year the talent in the state was well below what KHSAA standards have been in the past, so their is no excuse for a 6-22 season with 2 of those wins being against phelps. Pike Central isn't the David School, Piarist, or some low enrollment private or small enrollment public school. It has a very large pool of kids to pull from and playing in a very weak watered down region 6 wins and 22 loses is no where near acceptable.

Which still doesn't make the coach poor. The players are what they are.
Coach Carwile can coach! They will be much improved.
Salimander Wrote:Wrong. Worst season was in 1996 when the gym was newly opened. That team finished 4-24 and lost opening round of district in new gym.

Just for your FYI the New gym opened during the 1997-98 season.
Carwille is a hard working and dedicated coach. He knows basketball. Central is lucky to have him.
Then 1997-98 was worst season. Better?
Carwhile is a good coach and pc has improved tremendously since last season
Salimander Wrote:Then 1997-98 was worst season. Better?

I played against them in 97-98, I don't remember then being that bad.
Where is PCC located?