Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Williamsburg 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
8/9- Knox central
8/17- Jellico TN
8/24 -Harlan
8/31 -Pineville
9/7 -Leslie co
9/14 -Oneida TN
9/21- Allen central
9/28 -open
10/5-Campbellsville
10/12 -Berea
10/19- Lynn camp
10/26 -Olliver springs TN

Williamsburg returns the whole backfield and receiving core from last year and had to replace one lineman. On defense they are returning everyone. looks like the jackets are going to be hard to handle this year.
IMHO, there isnt anyone on the schedule that can beat them.If they play smart and have no injuries, it could be a 10-0 year. At worst i see a 8-2 year.
i agree 8-2 is worst case scenario and those are losses to Leslie Co and Harlan.. Dont know much on the other two tenneessee teams but the jellico is decent and they will get a W. The Oliver Springs game may be interesting.
True. Might be the safest bet on the board. 8-2 to 10-0. Good luck to W'burg.
I think Wburg will beat Leslie and Harlan, its the Oliver Springs TN game that they are probably worried about. Last game of the year, right before playoffs, do you take a chance playing your starters hard or resting them.

But a everyone agreed, 8-2 year at worst.
Very dangerous team, one of my top 3 Class A teams in the mountains.
Class A- Mountains
1. Hazard
2. Harlan
3. Willamsburg
4. Pikeville
Wow,what happened to Knox Central? No one thinks KC can beat Williamsburg? Wow. KC must have really went down hill.
Are we talking Knox Central or Knott Central?
Backwoods Wrote:Wow,what happened to Knox Central? No one thinks KC can beat Williamsburg? Wow. KC must have really went down hill.

The game with Knox Central is a scrimmage
hoops_town Wrote:The game with Knox Central is a scrimmage

Ok. Cool. Should be a good experience for W'burg.
the A team Wrote:8/9- Knox central
8/17- Jellico TN
8/24 -Harlan
8/31 -Pineville
9/7 -Leslie co
9/14 -Oneida TN
9/21- Allen central
9/28 -open
10/5-Campbellsville
10/12 -Berea
10/19- Lynn camp
10/26 -Olliver springs TN

Williamsburg returns the whole backfield and receiving core from last year and had to replace one lineman. On defense they are returning everyone. looks like the jackets are going to be hard to handle this year.

counted 40 players out this week, me and my buddys drove to all three schools in Whitley County and counted. This is a outstanding number for such a small school. Williamsburg has added an outstanding lineman that came from Corbin about 6'1 250 sophomore, and a 6'5 265 sophomore that moved from Whitley County and the freshman a brother to Sklar Griffith who is 6'4 235 and will be a impact player
topnotch Wrote:counted 40 players out this week, me and my buddys drove to all three schools in Whitley County and counted. This is a outstanding number for such a small school. Williamsburg has added an outstanding lineman that came from Corbin about 6'1 250 sophomore, and a 6'5 265 sophomore that moved from Whitley County and the freshman a brother to Sklar Griffith who is 6'4 235 and will be a impact player

Who is the transfer from Whitley? Andrew is 6'2" maybe 200 or he was last week. But he will be an impact player.
Backwoods Wrote:Ok. Cool. Should be a good experience for W'burg.

I could be way wrong but it may not be such a good experience for Knox! Williamsburg could be very good this year.:popcorn:
topnotch Wrote:counted 40 players out this week, me and my buddys drove to all three schools in Whitley County and counted. This is a outstanding number for such a small school. Williamsburg has added an outstanding lineman that came from Corbin about 6'1 250 sophomore, and a 6'5 265 sophomore that moved from Whitley County and the freshman a brother to Sklar Griffith who is 6'4 235 and will be a impact player
Who transferred from Corbin?
SEKYFAN Wrote:Who transferred from Corbin?

Colin Lamory. He is a beast of a sophmore.
Who are you referring to that transferred in from Whitley, i only know one and he doesnt fit the description.
the A team Wrote:Colin Lamory. He is a beast of a sophmore.

I don't recall this kid, are you sure he played for Corbin?
Williamsburg is very impressive. I forecast a Class A State Championship sometime in the next three years.
Old Redhound Wrote:Williamsburg is very impressive. I forecast a Class A State Championship sometime in the next three years.

They may need to make their regular season schedule a little tougher to reach that level, but I agree, the opportunity is there for them to have some special seasons.

Williamsburg has become a destination for transfers lately, funny how winning creates that. They did miss out on the big TE they were hoping would land at Williamsburg from McCreary Co. though.
SEKYFAN Wrote:I don't recall this kid, are you sure he played for Corbin?

He was on the team last year but never got in a game. I don't know why, he should have started for corbin last year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Who are you referring to that transferred in from Whitley, i only know one and he doesnt fit the description.

I do not know his name, he was not on the team at Whitley prior to transferring though.
^
Thanks.
Does Coach Kleinmann (sp?) still help with Williamsburg, either middle school or high school. Never thought he got enough credit for helping develop this current crop of talent. Really like his coaching style.
Dungy Wrote:Does Coach Kleinmann (sp?) still help with Williamsburg, either middle school or high school. Never thought he got enough credit for helping develop this current crop of talent. Really like his coaching style.

He did do a great job with the middle school program. That team from a couple of years ago that won state has 7-8 of its starters now starting for high school team as sophomores and freshmen. Don't know what he is doing now.
Didnt Kleinman play for Wburg back in the early 00's?
He played for the 2004-2005 team that won distract and loss in the region. The kid that moved from Whitley is Austin Dople. He also was on the Williamsburg middle school team that won a state in 2010.
I don't expect the transfers to help a lot until maybe the middle of the season. Dople didn't play much for the middle school and unless he has changed his work ethic won't play much this year either. The kid from Corbin is having to learn a whole new system so I would expect him to take a while to get acclimated. Hope I'm wrong though as the line could use a little help. I have only seen a couple of practices, but the defense was getting to the qb on a regular basis from what I saw.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Williamsburg has become a destination for transfers lately, funny how winning creates that. They did miss out on the big TE they were hoping would land at Williamsburg from McCreary Co. though.

Big TE moved to Somerset. Good luck to the Jackets!!!!
I agree I think Williamsburg could go undefeated this year with the only loss being in preseason to Knox