Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: West Virginia 37 - Kentucky 12 (All-star game)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just caught the end, what in the world happen with KY, they should have won hands down,very disapointing, congrats to WV
wow.
This was a joke over half of the kids that was invited didn't show up for the KY team I thank this game should be over and someone who can get the kids from both sides to play this just isn't going to work anymore Ky kids just won't play.
I Agree WITH 99PIRATEFAN, this game is lopsided and should be ended.Seems that the most of the Ky. kids just dont want to play in this game anymore.
Can you blame the more talented KY kids for not wanting to play in this? It's always in West Virginia. It's always poorly officiated. It's always full of cheap shots and personal fouls. A fight usually breaks out. There's little to no coaching most years. If you think you have any intention of trying to play college football in the fall, why would you play in this game that almost always turns into a brawl so close to the start of the next football season? About the only thing you can accomplish by playing in this is getting hurt playing what amounts to backyard football.
Alot of the Belfry players showed up and didn't know which team to play for.(This is a joke before everyone gets going)I couldn't resist;see you all in November.
ok , i knew there had to be some reason they got beat like that with the team they was sup2 to have..
One problem is the fact that this game is played in late July, when a lot of these kids should probably be preparing for the next year.
I really didn't even want to respond to this thread. But I did listen to a bit of the first half. It sure sounded like WV had a nice response for the game. They had a good group of kids come out. The pregame annoucements made it seem that they had kids from Wayne (state champs) and a good contigent from Logan Co. (both Chapmonville and Logan) and just had better LOS type guys than KY. From what I could tell, Belfry kids came to play but I heard ZERO guys from Paintsville, Johnson Central, Lawrence Co., Shelby Valley, etc. I think KY only had like 20 guys suit up. Sounded like a big mismatch on the LOS. Props to the WV coach for getting kids to buy in. I sure dont want to come off as sour, cause WV seemed to be the better team and control the night. If the game is going to be plausible, you have to have each squad have people at their appropriate positions.
Ouch. Looks like they play football in West Virginia just like we do in Kentucky. With as much money that goes into weight rooms, fields, facilities, coaches, and other things looks like WV is right there with Kentucky. Good job WV.
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:Ouch. Looks like they play football in West Virginia just like we do in Kentucky. With as much money that goes into weight rooms, fields, facilities, coaches, and other things looks like WV is right there with Kentucky. Good job WV.
That's all most as big of a joke as the game the yogi kinder bowl.
Yeah its always a JOKE when you get your ass handed to you. They play just as good of football in WV as they do in Kentucky. You cant count Louisville Trinity in there because they recruit their team. Trinity is a Prep School sort of. Ever wonder why UK dont play WVU? I tell you why, West Virginia would hand UK their asses 4 out of 5 times. Marshall could probably beat UK also. WV is probably more of a football state than here in Kentucky. Everyone has hoop dreams in Kentucky.
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:Yeah its always a JOKE when you get your ass handed to you. They play just as good of football in WV as they do in Kentucky. You cant count Louisville Trinity in there because they recruit their team. Trinity is a Prep School sort of. Ever wonder why UK dont play WVU? I tell you why, West Virginia would hand UK their asses 4 out of 5 times. Marshall could probably beat UK also. WV is probably more of a football state than here in Kentucky. Everyone has hoop dreams in Kentucky.

You do realize WVU's roster has 110 players listed including incoming Freshmen and Walk-Ons. Of those 110 players a grand total of 17 (15.5%) are WV natives?
Shout out to Randy Maynard (Pikeville HS) on earning the Offensive MVP Award for the KY team!

And to Gary Runyon (Belfry) on the KY Defensive MVP Award!
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:Yeah its always a JOKE when you get your ass handed to you. They play just as good of football in WV as they do in Kentucky. You cant count Louisville Trinity in there because they recruit their team. Trinity is a Prep School sort of. Ever wonder why UK dont play WVU? I tell you why, West Virginia would hand UK their asses 4 out of 5 times. Marshall could probably beat UK also. WV is probably more of a football state than here in Kentucky. Everyone has hoop dreams in Kentucky.

You my friend are hilarious:biglmao:. I would love to see a school from WV play Highlands, Boyle, or Bell. My honest opinion Belfry or Louisville Central could win WV's state playoffs just about every year in any of your 3 Superior classes. :please:
Go look at the roster and see how many didn't play and you'd be surprised the score was this close!
Panther Thunder Wrote:Shout out to Randy Maynard (Pikeville HS) on earning the Offensive MVP Award for the KY team!

And to Gary Runyon (Belfry) on the KY Defensive MVP Award!

And shoutout to Justin Runyon (Pike Central) for the KY best o-line award
For people from west virginia or people who think west virginia football is equal or better:
Trinity
Bowling Green
Highlands
St. Xavier
John Hardin
Scott county
Covington Catholic
Dupont Manual
Warren Central
Lex. Catholic
Butler
Central
Boyle County
Holy Cross
Beechwood
Mayfield
Boone County
NCC
Bell county
Belfry

What do these teams have in common? they would whup the **** out of any team in West virginia and maybe the bottom half may lose to some of the top teams. but the top half would win with a running clock against ANY west virginia team. West virigina is not close to kentucky in football.
Why? Kentucky population - 4,369,356 WV - 1,855,364
:flame:
I watched the AAA champingship in WV last year and Belfry or Central could have beat either team last year.
Well Duh, Belfry and Louisville Central can COMPETE with any Kentucky team except for Trinity. Belfry would give Highlands a decent game. Belfry wouldnt win but I bet it wouldnt be a blowout just because of Belfrys style of play. Central is as good or as fast as any team in KY except for Trinity. So saying Belfry and Central could beat West Virginia's 3A powers is about like saying Belfry and Central can compete and WIN any any of Kentuckys 6 Classes. Sorry to bust your bubble but there is good football in West Virginia, maybe not as many schools but there is plenty of talent over there.
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:Well Duh, Belfry and Louisville Central can COMPETE with any Kentucky team except for Trinity. Belfry would give Highlands a decent game. Belfry wouldnt win but I bet it wouldnt be a blowout just because of Belfrys style of play. Central is as good or as fast as any team in KY except for Trinity. So saying Belfry and Central could beat West Virginia's 3A powers is about like saying Belfry and Central can compete and WIN any any of Kentuckys 6 Classes. Sorry to bust your bubble but there is good football in West Virginia, maybe not as many schools but there is plenty of talent over there.

There are MAYBE 5 teams in WV that would win anything but A or AA over here.

Coaching isn't on the same level, facilities aren't on the same level, nor is the athletes.
Would love to see a true at large Ky/WV senior bowl that would select the best from Louisville to BG, then from Paducah to Belfry and all points in between. Then, for you WV, your best from Wheeling to Matewan, and then from Lewisburg to Parkersburg and all points in between. There are what, a little more than 120 schools in KY? How many in WV? Select only one player from ea. school, and play the game somewhere in KY.-- a midway point at a school that could accommodate the crowd and the parking. Split the gate with schools from both states. This may not be feasible, but if it was , our neighbors from the northeast would get their butts kicked real fast, you know, like a running clock kind of fast.
Who coached the Ky team this year
Belfry Insider Wrote:For people from west virginia or people who think west virginia football is equal or better:
Trinity
Bowling Green
Highlands
St. Xavier
John Hardin
Scott county
Covington Catholic
Dupont Manual
Warren Central
Lex. Catholic
Butler
Central
Boyle County
Holy Cross
Beechwood
Mayfield
Boone County
NCC
Bell county
Belfry

What do these teams have in common? they would whup the **** out of any team in West virginia and maybe the bottom half may lose to some of the top teams. but the top half would win with a running clock against ANY west virginia team. West virigina is not close to kentucky in football.
Why? Kentucky population - 4,369,356 WV - 1,855,364
:flame:

I think you forgot Breathitt.
^
Im sure he was just listing the teams off the top off his head, but the said thing for WV is, there many more that could be added to that.
kentucky high school football is way better then west virginia hands down. we are kentucky
this game should not be played this late. It's absurd. Even playing games in early June is becoming difficult(ask the Northern Ky. coaches who had to cancel their game this year). It will only become more difficult to get players
PaytoPlay Wrote:I really didn't even want to respond to this thread. But I did listen to a bit of the first half. It sure sounded like WV had a nice response for the game. They had a good group of kids come out. The pregame annoucements made it seem that they had kids from Wayne (state champs) and a good contigent from Logan Co. (both Chapmonville and Logan) and just had better LOS type guys than KY. From what I could tell, Belfry kids came to play but I heard ZERO guys from Paintsville, Johnson Central, Lawrence Co., Shelby Valley, etc. I think KY only had like 20 guys suit up. Sounded like a big mismatch on the LOS. Props to the WV coach for getting kids to buy in. I sure dont want to come off as sour, cause WV seemed to be the better team and control the night. If the game is going to be plausible, you have to have each squad have people at their appropriate positions.

You are exactly right. I was at the game and only 20 guys suited up for the KY team. 15 from Belfry, 1 from Pikeville, 1 from Letcher, 2 from Pike Central and one from Phelps. KY was clearly out numbered and didn't have many kids suited up for them that was invited to play like Vanhoose, Jude, etc. Game was poorly officiated for the most part and a couple scuffles broke out here and there. Impressed with the players from Belfry and the most standout was #15 Randy Maynard at Qb. Amazing talent. Congrats to WV though! way to play.