Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Doyel's Pre-Season Top 25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Florida at #2, UL at #19.

BTW, I love Gregg Doyel.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/sport...n9359992.shtml
He tells it like it is, you can't deny that.
Im not a big Doyel fan personally, But he is pretty straight forward.

One problem i have with this top 25, how can NIT participant Louisville be in the top 25. They lose their best player and they are suddenly 5X better? grossly overrated at this point IMO.
UL is getting some good recruits. Look at what UNC lost and how they did with some good freshman. The ranking is all based on speculation.
corndog23 Wrote:Im not a big Doyel fan personally, But he is pretty straight forward.

One problem i have with this top 25, how can NIT participant Louisville be in the top 25. They lose their best player and they are suddenly 5X better? grossly overrated at this point IMO.

Grossly overrated? I'll have to disagree...Dean is gone, but they'll returning 4 starters (Jenkins, Williams, Palacios, Padgett) and we are getting some very solid recruits. From what I've heard Caracter has the potential to be a beast down low and Sosa is also supposed to be very talented. Then we still have Farley, B. Johnson, McGee, Gianiny, Current all coming off the bench...I think 19 is a good spot for them; gives them something to work for.
DeuceVille Wrote:Grossly overrated? I'll have to disagree...Dean is gone, but they'll returning 4 starters (Jenkins, Williams, Palacios, Padgett) and we are getting some very solid recruits. From what I've heard Caracter has the potential to be a beast down low and Sosa is also supposed to be very talented. Then we still have Farley, B. Johnson, McGee, Gianiny, Current all coming off the bench...I think 19 is a good spot for them; gives them something to work for.

I am no Cards fan that is for sure. But with the strong finish they did have in the NIT and playing in the Big East I think they should be ranked high but not in the top 25 to start the season. I may not be the brightest thing on U of L sports but they need to be ranked a little lower to start out.
Batpuff Wrote:I am no Cards fan that is for sure. But with the strong finish they did have in the NIT and playing in the Big East I think they should be ranked high but not in the top 25 to start the season. I may not be the brightest thing on U of L sports but they need to be ranked a little lower to start out.

Many people didn't think UL should be ranked #4 to start this past season (I was one of those people), and UL showed us exactly why they didn't need to be that high...I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens next year...
DeuceVille Wrote:Many people didn't think UL should be ranked #4 to start this past season (I was one of those people), and UL showed us exactly why they didn't need to be that high...I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens next year...

Yea it should be fun to watch how everything unfolds during the off season and all the smack starts to fly. Yea I think UK should be ranked #1 all the time.:1:
Loiuisville MIGHT deserve to be ranked in the 22-25 range, but that would be it...Dean was the heart and soul of this year's team and they'll have to find a good leader now that he is gone..I said after last year when Garcia left that they would have a difficult time starting over, and some people disagreed with me..It's the same situation again...There is no justification to the fact that Doyel has Louisville ranked 19th, and Kentucky not ranked...

Tennessee ranked in the top 15 is a joke in my honest opinion..Yes they return Lofton, but what else? They lost 3 starters, and a very good one at that in Watson...Tennessee will struggle something awful next year, you can mark that down, and if they don't I'll eat crow...

Washington at 16th despite losing almost EVERYTHING makes no sense...

Virginia Tech...What a joke, enough said there...

Kentucky may have lost two starters compared to Louisville's one, but Rondo was a plague to team chemistry and Sparks was a liability night in and night out...Its a joke that Doyel has Louisville ranked up at 19th, and Kentucky not at all, but I expect nothing more from that moron...I'm sure he'll prove us all right once again..Thanks Doyel...
Updated Link: http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebasketb...ry/9359992

The other one goes to the homepage
Kentucky nor Louisville is in the top 25 on this one, which is more accurate....I tend to agree with Katz more than Doyel, and that's sad

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2397667
Another interesting link...Joe Lunardi already has his first edition of bracketology up for next season...

Kentucky comes in at a #7 seed, while Louisville is an #11 seed....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

Tennessee once again too high imo....
Then we have Dicky V who has his top 16 teams up, and Louisville and Kentucky are both in there with good numbers...

So who knows right now because all these guys have such different opinions...I guess that's how we'll have to take it because right now that's all it is, is an opinionated matter...

http://espn.go.com/dickvitale/60405Vital...62007.html
Good to see that things are the same around here too...Smile Smile
DeuceVille Wrote:Good to see that things are the same around here too...Smile Smile

Get used to it... :yikes:
I think Gregg Doyols birth name was Gregg Doucheol, the CH silent of course...