Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Joey Votto - WHO????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow, I was absolutely resolved to thinking the Reds were D-O-N-E, Done! - when Joey went down with injury. Wow, this team has picked it up and completely relied on a new player each game to come up big. Joey going down could be the best thing that ever happened to this young group. Players are learning how to lead and win, without thinking that Joey has to come save the day. I love seeing this!
Right there with you! When I saw that he would be out a few weeks I could just see the season going down the drain. Good to see this team step up the way they have.
I never thought the season was going down the drain, but I knew that some players would have to step up and elevate their game. Phillips and Ludwick have been playing very well. Frazier and Rolen have been consistant. That's what the Reds needed. I wish it didnt take Votto getting hurt for them to learn that they can play that way. When he comes back and if they continue to play at the level they are currently playing at, watch out! The Reds could really take off.
I thought they might play around .500, but I never thought they would just completely bottom out.

Pitching has played a major part of the recent trend.

Votto will likely be back at the beginning of August, likely with the series against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
^I'm with you. I expected .500 ball because the defense and pitching would save them.
Much respect to the Reds. I really thought that we'd put a few games on them, and even though the Bucs have played pretty darn well in their own right, Cinci has been unbeatable. Its a shame when you win 9 of 13 after the All Star break and you LOSE GROUND, because the Reds have won 11 of 13. Both of these teams will duel it out, and now, St Louis is getting hot, at 54-46 after today, winning 7 of 8. So the NL Central, supposedly a weak division, is turning out to be the most competitive race in baseball, and I really do think all three teams will be right there in the end. How badass would it be to see all three NL Central teams in the playoffs?!?!
I have said for a long time that if it weren't for the Pirates being in the same division as the Reds I would pull for them to win. But as such, I just can't do it. If the Reds do manage to not make the playoffs, I will be hardcore for the Bucs.
Joey V should. E back in a. Purple of weeks. Hope we will be able to make the big run!
Reds win again without Vitti!
Iredata90 Wrote:Joey V should. E back in a. Purple of weeks. Hope we will be able to make the big run!

What? :biglmao:
Ok spell check got me! I said Joey V should be back in a couple of weeks! Sorry!
I really cant believe the Reds have been playing this well with Votto going down. It really has been the pitching stepping up though but it's like the team hasnt missed a beat, 13 of the last 14 and best record in Baseball. If you would told me that before the season started, that Votto would be a out a while and they would have 64 wins beginng of August, I'd told you, your crazy. Big series starts tonight, 3 game series with the Bucos. Sorry TH32, SWEEP EM REDS!
Im usually the first to call a choke for the Reds, because of there late season meltdowns, however, if they can pull off a sweep of the bucs, then there definitely way ahead in the drivers seat.

I wont be "impressed" until they win a playoff series. We all know what the Phillies done to them.
Point being, they are playing well right now, but playoff wise, can they win a 7 game series against a good pitching rotation?
Ahh...2/3 not bad!