Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan Co @ Morristown Tennessee 8/17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: harlan-county-ky.gif]

[Image: moristown-west-tn.gif]

Harlan county at Morristown west Tennessee. Who do you like and by how much. I don't know anything about this Tennessee team so I like Harlan by 14. Harlan county 21 Morristown 7. Sorry make that August 18th
the morristown teams usally are fairly tough, i know last yeas team didnt do so well, but they usally have very good teams...
I will preface my prediction by an admission that I know NOTHING about Morristown and their football teams. I do remember; however, last year when we plan Morristown East. There were a lot of people saying that, out of the two teams at Morristown, West was the better.
We won last year, at East. I'm predicting another win this year over West!

HC 36
MW 14

Go Black Bears!!!
They will be in the top 3 teams on schedule.
HAT51 Wrote:They will be in the top 3 teams on schedule.

Pre- season rankings has west in the top 5 in 5a for the state of tenn.
I'll say HC 21-14 but from what I hear/know Morristown-West has usually been the more dominant school in Morristown, correct me if im wrong. Even though I predict HC to win, Morristow-west could very well win.
I look for this to be a tough matchup for the Black Bears, as West is a 5A power in TN football, they won the tittle a few years back and they are by far the best of the Morristown teams. I want to read up a bit on West before I make a pick.
FanofThegame12 Wrote:I'll say HC 21-14 but from what I hear/know Morristown-West has usually been the more dominant school in Morristown, correct me if im wrong. Even though I predict HC to win, Morristow-west could very well win.

West is the better team or will i say has been..
I dont know anything bout MT...Pulling for HC, Good luck Black Bears!
The Bears will show another Tenn team what Ky is about.

HC-35
MW-20
If Morristown-west is a high ranked team in 5A and the state of Tenn, it will not only help HC playing such a tough 5A power, but look good on their schedule if Morristown-west has a solid year. Just my opinion, could be a dumb statement lol.
FanofThegame12 Wrote:If Morristown-west is a high ranked team in 5A and the state of Tenn, it will not only help HC playing such a tough 5A power, but look good on their schedule if Morristown-west has a solid year. Just my opinion, could be a dumb statement lol.

I thought that Tennessee high school football only had 3 divisions.?.?
They show them to be 5A plus they may have a private school league, not sure.
Will guess HC by two scores.
Backwoods Wrote:I thought that Tennessee high school football only had 3 divisions.?.?

They have equal numbers to 5a in comparison to ky. Tenn ,also does it correct and has a private and public division in football. They get it correct because they have a level playing field unlike Kentucky. Going a step further, independant schools are no different in the state of Kentucky than private schools. They draw kids from most county schools but call themselves ind. Like it or not most couldn't survive without the county kids. Education, as far as sports, in Kentucky is screwed up in my opinion!
wildone89 Wrote:They have equal numbers to 5a in comparison to ky. Tenn ,also does it correct and has a private and public division in football. They get it correct because they have a level playing field unlike Kentucky. Going a step further, independant schools are no different in the state of Kentucky than private schools. They draw kids from most county schools but call themselves ind. Like it or not most couldn't survive without the county kids. Education, as far as sports, in Kentucky is screwed up in my opinion!

Let's see,Harlan Ind.(101yrs),HC (5yrs), I'd say HHS has done alright without the HC. But that has nothing to do with HC and Morristown West.
Backwoods Wrote:Let's see,Harlan Ind.(101yrs),HC (5yrs), I'd say HHS has done alright without the HC. But that has nothing to do with HC and Morristown West.

Harlan County high school (5 yrs). Harlan County a lot longer! I don't think you understood my post, but it's not a big deal.
wildone89 Wrote:They have equal numbers to 5a in comparison to ky. Tenn ,also does it correct and has a private and public division in football. They get it correct because they have a level playing field unlike Kentucky. Going a step further, independant schools are no different in the state of Kentucky than private schools. They draw kids from most county schools but call themselves ind. Like it or not most couldn't survive without the county kids. Education, as far as sports, in Kentucky is screwed up in my opinion!

Tell me this Wildone,what advantage does HHS have over HC? HHS is a public school just like HC and HHS is subject to the same rules as HC. HHS is just not apart of the county board of education. That's it. It never was a problem until the new school was built and the overall county population started to dwindle. The loss of population means less students and that is ashame. I'd like to see both schools thrive and parents in this county have a choice where they send there kids for their education. I have a son with autism and he was enrolled at HC but HC couldn't meets his needs therapeutically. HHS could as has since we enrolled him there. Now he is on his way to possibly beingg self sufficient and independent in his adult life. If you question what I'm telling you then ask the special education teachers at HC and see how many special education students are in HC compared to the number of therapists there. The county school system needs more therapist's to help these kids and give them the headstart on adulthood that they deserve. As much as I like sports and believe in extracurricular activity in school it is not first priority. Their education is. Now,aren't you glad the city school was there for my son. You don't have to answer that. Just digging at you a little bit,LOL.
^ good grief people. Can we just get over this city-county thing. I'm so sick of all that....Anyhow 1st time this year I'm saying.....Emergency room afternoon for Mo'town West,
Mo'Town west are the Trojans that might be a little weird!
Patriot Wrote:Mo'Town west are the Trojans that might be a little weird!

Watched tenn news last night. Mo-west is preseason 3 in one poll and 5 in another poll. Rated 7 in all classes both private/public in tenn. Bears better be ready and the fans need to fill the stadium again this year! It should be a good one to open the season! West coaches said they were looking forward to opening up with HC.
I hear the Trojans have some D-1 talent.
wildone89 Wrote:Watched tenn news last night. Mo-west is preseason 3 in one poll and 5 in another poll. Rated 7 in all classes both private/public in tenn. Bears better be ready and the fans need to fill the stadium again this year! It should be a good one to open the season! West coaches said they were looking forward to opening up with HC.

Can you find a link that supports that? I can't find them better than 58th overall.....
lol, wildone, you sure know how to come up with some random stuff thats so false its unbelievable.
anybody got a preview or anything on morristown west people can look at or read
hchsbears1 Wrote:anybody got a preview or anything on morristown west people can look at or read

http://www.local8now.com/sports/headline...14996.html
Hmmm like to run it up the middle? Something will have to give here....Pretty good looking running back. They must have edited out that preseason ranking in the online link.
I don't think the Filthy Animals will miss as many tackles as that team did in the highlight!!!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:lol, wildone, you sure know how to come up with some random stuff thats so false its unbelievable.

Thanks for the shout out. Lol
Bear_Paw Wrote:Can you find a link that supports that? I can't find them better than 58th overall.....

I am getting most of my info from a coach in Knoxville that I went to school with a couple of years long ago. He says west will be very good with 2 D-1 players on the field? As far as them rated in the top 5 of 5a in tenn, that was on the news on a football preview. The 7 best in all classes was hearsay from word of mouth? Make no mistake, they are loaded An waiting in the bushes for the Bears!
Pages: 1 2 3