Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: preseason mountain top ten
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Preseason top ten in the mountains? :1:
1 Clay County
2 whitley county
3 letcher county
4 magoffin county
5 bell county
6 southwestern
7pulaski county
8perry county
9south laurel
10 leslie county
Rockcastle County's girls will be much improved from last season. They are a Top 10 team.
Lawrence County???
1. Clay County
2. Whitley County
3. Letcher County Central
4. Magoffin County
5. Southwestern
6. Bell County
7. Perry County Central
8. Pulaski County
9. Lawrence County
10. South Laurel
Shelby Valley should be in the top 10. They return every player from a 25+ win team.
I don't know much about the 15th, so I don't have a list yet, but I don't know how anyone can have Perry Central that low.
I'd still have them No. 1.
new o Wrote:Shelby Valley should be in the top 10. They return every player from a 25+ win team.

I agree.
HDE Wrote:I don't know much about the 15th, so I don't have a list yet, but I don't know how anyone can have Perry Central that low.
I'd still have them No. 1.

Definitely should be in the top 10, but if they didn't have another banner recruiting year, they are definitely not the #1 team in the mountains.
Even without any new players, I don't know how you could say anyone in the mountains is "definitely" better than Perry Central going into the season. I know the 13th didn't look that strong this summer. Perry Central still has Rankin and Back as far as I know.
Perry has to be higher than that! I know they aren't near what they were but not that bad. I also don't understand how anyone has south laurel in the top 10. Unless they got a transfer that I didn't see this summer they may not be top 10 in the 13th!
Both Pulaski County and Southwestern both deserve to be in the top 10 -- there is no doubt about that.
I hope everyone keeps underestimating Perry. I hope we have the best recruiting year ever just because it's hilarious to hear all the bitching and whining on here. :haters:
Valley is definitely a Top 10 team.
I agree about Shelby Valley. The only doubts I have about them is that they don't travel out of the mountains to play tough competition. They need to get some good games in other regions or play in a challenging Christmas tournament. That way other people will see their talent level. Sometimes amount of wins don't tell the whole story. I believe a close loss on a good opponents floor is better than a 60 point romp of Piarist or Phelps.
Magoffin Co. has a lot to prove with the loss of their Coach.