Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 16th Region preseason picks?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My pick:

Russell Red Devils.
Boyd County
Russell
Fleming
Top three !!!
Fleming
Russell
Boyd
Ashland
Rowan
Very weak.
Rowan will be in the mix.
Region will be down this year, lot of talent graduated all over the region last year.
I'm hearing Morgan Co. will be a favorite due to an improved roster.
Did Ashland get a new transfer?
Coffee Can Wrote:I'm hearing Morgan Co. will be a favorite due to an improved roster.

Who did they add?
Heard Ashland landed a 6-7 sophmore from Huntington who is very good
Dikembe Dixson is at Ashland, Rick Bolus has him ranked the #1 sophomore in the state, he is about 6'5-6'6.

Morgan County has transfers foreign exchange from Africa I think. I heard they was getting two in, they have a connection with Hoop Dreams AAU program and that is how they land them. Jordan Perry plays for Hoop Dreams.
Blacktop Wrote:Heard Ashland landed a 6-7 sophmore from Huntington who is very good

Can you define "landed"?
Have they "landed" a job for his father yet?
Saw him this summer. Looked to be 6'4-6'-5. MAYBE 160-170 lbs. Weak physically, very athletic. Didn't see him knock down a bunch of jumpers. If he's #1 in Kentucky, that class is down....
I would still like to hear a definition of "landed". Is it similar to how Fairview "landed" football players from Huntington? I suspect that is the case.
Morgan County will be strong this year. They have #2, Whitt, returning and for his height, he's a dominant post player. They're also returning a starting point gaurd in #14, Perry, who can handle the ball extremely well for a freshman. With some sophmores and juniors who played a little varsity last year. Also a very developed class of incoming freshmen.
How's Boyd co look?
RoyTheBoy Wrote:Morgan County will be strong this year. They have #2, Whitt, returning and for his height, he's a dominant post player. They're also returning a starting point gaurd in #14, Perry, who can handle the ball extremely well for a freshman. With some sophmores and juniors who played a little varsity last year. Also a very developed class of incoming freshmen.

So you are saying they will win more than 2 games this year. LOL
Boyd will be top 3. They will be the best team in December for sure. All are one sport kids except for one player.
Fred Sanford Wrote:Boyd will be top 3. They will be the best team in December for sure. All are one sport kids except for one player.

Have 4 who play other sports , Boyd will be good they have been working hard !!
They have a great coach as well. Coach A is a class act.
How good is the kid from Italy?
Fleming Co. if they got everybody back
Boyd Co.
Russell
Ashland
Fleming Co. will be my early season pick to win the region.
It seems in the last few years the region hasn't been dominated by any single team like it was in the early part of the decade (Rose Hill early on), then Ashland, then Elliot Co.)...wish the region would be the same for football. Competition just isn't there right now...
Fleming looks pretty good this year
I really don't see Ashland being much better than .500 this year...From what I've heard, Russell smoked them this summer. They did lose 7 players, including all starters and the transfer isn't much of a threat - and doesn't have much help.

I'd have to say....

Fleming
Boyd
Russell
Is this the worst region in the state?
On this end of the state the 15th is the worst. I'd bet there are 3 or 4 regions on the other end worse or more.
Does not matter how bad or good each region is, someone from each region will be at Rupp come March !!!!
Pages: 1 2 3