Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dream Team: How Michael, Magic, Larry, Charles, and the Greatest Team of All Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read the book review article in Sports Illustrated last Thursday at the Dentist office, and couldn't put it down. I reserved it from the Library and picked it up yesterday. I have only gotten through the "Introduction" of the book and am as intrigued with a book as I can remember. I'm really looking forward to this.

Just through the Introduction, I've already learned the Michael and Magic had as competitive practice sessions as any game that was ever competed in their games they had against each other in the NBA. Karl Malone thought this was the best talent that could ever be put together in any era of the game, but he couldn't stand the competitive barking between Michael and Magic. Clyde Drexler still feels that he was better than Michael Jordan. This looks like it's going to be a great read.
This is the Sports Illustrated that had the article

[Image: 27COVv14_Promo.jpg]
Watching the dream team play is still one of my favorite sports memories.....not sure you could ever have a team like that again....

I to will also be reading this...
There was a scrimmage game that was done by the Dream Teamers that is claimed to be the greatest game ever played. It's said that Michael and Magic both had the greatest game of their careers in this scrimmage just prior to the Olympics.
Those practices are on tape but have never been released...

In the documentary Magic eluded to the fact that Michael always got the best of him and he couldn't keep up.
I know we will never see another team dominate like they did...
simply because IMO the rest of the world is catching up.

They aren't really close yet - but they're close enough to stop a blowout in every game
^ Yesterday's victim Spain, was supposed to be the best International team in the World
Best team ever!! No one would come within 20!
Stardust Wrote:^ Yesterday's victim Spain, was supposed to be the best International team in the World

They are also plagued with injuries.
They have a handful of guys less than 100% and they were missing Marc Gasol and Ricky Rubio. USA is fighting that bug as well.

Is Marc Gasol out for good?
Did anyone know that Michael Jordan's mom made him go to the meeting with Nike. He loved Converse and wanted to wear the same shoes as Magic and Bird.

Nike signed him for $2.5M and spent their entire $500K advertising budget on the Red/Black/White Air Jordans. The NBA assessed MJ a $5K fine for every game he wore them because they were not an approved shoe of the NBA. Nike paid the fines. Michael went on to collect an annual salary of $6M from the Bulls, and $60M from Nike.

What would have happened if he signed with Converse??? Nothing! Converse spent no more than $100K in advertising with the Magic and Bird shoes. Does anyone ever remember a converse commercial for Bird and Magic????
Is it bad that I want this years team USA to loose? I love America but I hate the NBA.
^ You are a communist!

[Image: communist-symbol.png]

J/K, I'll be watching, but it's not like I'll have as much vested interest as I did watching UK or the Heat dominate the world of basketball....