Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 7 on 7 @ Raceland tonight? (7/20/12)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was it a high school thing? Looked like several squads out there but I couldn't tell if they were kids or high school guys.
Its high school. These are the teams.

Raceland
Ashland
Greenup County
Russell
Fleming County
Boyd County
East Carter
Lawrence County
Johnson Central
Lewis County
That is a lot of teams. If anyone on here was at Raceland tonight I would love to know what all those teams look like.:Thumbs:
I didn't go tonight. But it continues tomorrow. I'm sure BADCAT and RamNation will have some info.
Thanks Fball. Almost stopped but went on to Soggy Bottom and hit a large bucket. Everything was done on my way back.
I'd say it was really soggy tonight.
Ha. Hit off the mat, which I hate to do. Actually wasn't that bad.
I had to double over tonite fball.
Only thing I know for sure is Ashland won 2 games. Haven't had chance to talk to anyone.
What time does the action kick off tomorrow?
LC looked good, Cyrus and Prince had some good down field hook ups, as well as Lambert. There a small team, but seem to be really talented for a small team. Defense looked good as well.
PaytoPlay Wrote:What time does the action kick off tomorrow?

I believe its @ 10am.
http://dailyindependent.com/localsports/...y-to-seven

I know this question is off topic, what are they doing to the field? I was in town in June and noticed it was torn up and the article mentioned the field was being worked on.
[quote=Jarons]http://dailyindependent.com/localsports/...y-to-seven

I know this question is off topic, what are they doing to the field? I was in town in June and noticed it was torn up and the article mentioned the field was being worked on.

I saw about 10 truck loads of top soil? About a month ago seems late to be reseeding?
Since know one will give any love to BL team1 I will....Friday was sure a great day for the program and the confidents of the young kids on the team... Dillion Hamilton had no trouble throwing at his targets Spencer, Danials, Case, Henson, Rogers and Tony....Going 4 and 0 in pool play and beating Flemming Co. they went on to play Flemming County again in the brackets only to lose in over time. The boys looked good and represented South Eastern Ky. very well. Alot of good competition up there would have liked to have seen pburg and pikeville there...Saturday was a different story for the Bobcats they fell short in pool play. :biggrin:
Recznik Wrote:Since know one will give any love to BL team1 I will....Friday was sure a great day for the program and the confidents of the young kids on the team... Dillion Hamilton had no trouble throwing at his targets Spencer, Danials, Case, Henson, Rogers and Tony....Going 4 and 0 in pool play and beating Flemming Co. they went on to play Flemming County again in the brackets only to lose in over time. The boys looked good and represented South Eastern Ky. very well. Alot of good competition up there would have liked to have seen pburg and pikeville there...Saturday was a different story for the Bobcats they fell short in pool play. :biggrin:

Was you there? If so, how did Fleming County look? I know how they did, just curious if anybody on the team stood out.
Fleming Co. Had a very good team for this type of competition. The had 7 guys who were all very slight in stature but with great speed. Perfect for two hand touch passing competition, but man if those same guys play the back 7 on defense with the pads on, I can't imagine they will be able to stop the run.

In short, it looked like the coach put his best 7 speed guys out there to win the competition rather than his rather than his real Linebackers. QB was a good passer. Very thin though.
I would guess they were our starting group! We are not very big in the skill position. I don't see Coach putting that much emphasis on just winning this type event. Plus, if we had 2 groups, we wouldn't be deep enough to just put quick guys out there. Our starting inside linebackers last year were a junior about 5'8 170 and a tall thin freshman about 6'2 175.
Lawrence County took down Johnson Central today, LC is looking strong for a small team. LC finished second, Losing to Fleming County.
Lawrence made it to the final game against Fleming. Fleming looked very good in this format. QB for Fleming had good touch and instincts. Receivers were very capable with good hands and lots of speed. If Fleming has a good O-line they will be hard to contain. LC has a ways to go. LC QB had a hard time throwing on the run and accuracy. LC defense did a very good job until they were outmatched by Fleming.
DAWGBITES Wrote:LC looked good, Cyrus and Prince had some good down field hook ups, as well as Lambert. There a small team, but seem to be really talented for a small team. Defense looked good as well.
Exacty right. LC also had some very impressive Freshman at this tournament too, who will definitely get some playing time in Dylan Simpkins, Grant Kiser Luke Schaffer, Zack Berry and Zack Keesee. If the line gives any of these boys an opening, you are going to see some speed and scoring.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Lawrence made it to the final game against Fleming. Fleming looked very good in this format. QB for Fleming had good touch and instincts. Receivers were very capable with good hands and lots of speed. If Fleming has a good O-line they will be hard to contain. LC has a ways to go. LC QB had a hard time throwing on the run and accuracy. LC defense did a very good job until they were outmatched by Fleming.

LC's qb must not have looked too bad then if they made the championsip against Fleming... I do hope LC airs it out more this year, its a shame we had a Divsion 1AA qb (going to EKU) last year and all we did was run the ball and average like 6 passes per game, when the year before the kid threw for like 2000 yds and around 20 tds. But what do I know right?
[quote=PaytoPlay]Fleming Co. Had a very good team for this type of competition. The had 7 guys who were all very slight in stature but with great speed. Perfect for two hand touch passing competition, but man if those same guys play the back 7 on defense with the pads on, I can't imagine they will be able to stop the run.
I found out this morning at church that Fleming did play their kids in their actual positions. I guess we are just small. Although, the kids I talked to said they were as big as most teams they played.
I am excited to hear our kids had success (winning the Jv and Varsity division). Hopefully that will build some confidence going into the season.
Fleming County has had a potent offense the last couple of years. The problem is they can't stop anybody. If that doesn't change neither will their winning percentage.
Fball, I agree 100%! That is one reason you can't put alot of stock in 7 on 7's. They are good for team chemistry and morale (if you do well), but until you have to tackle somebody it means little.
I was told Russell Varsity didn't look good on day one but looked much better on Saturday losing only to Fleming in pool play.

We shall see how it all shakes out when contact and line play comes into the picture.