Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Garrard County Coach Doug Simpson Resigns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
--Hopefully the program will move in a positive direction. Garrard has a lot of talent, but they have always seemed to underachieve the last few years. I believe a good hard-nosed coach needs to come in and rattle some cages. A no nonsense baseball man who can instill some pride, develop a respect for the game and develop some baseball tradition at the school. GC should bring in an outsider who has the authority to hire his own assistants and not be hamstringed with being forced to hire former GC players or current teachers who think they know the game.

Prep Baseball: Garrard County looking for new baseball coach after Doug Simpson resigns
By HAL MORRIS

[email]hmorris@amnews.com[/email]

9:51 a.m. EDT, July 20, 2012
Garrard County is looking for a new baseball coach after Doug Simpson resigned Monday.
“Doug works at the (Danville) fire department and has a pretty stressful, full-time job. I think he just wanted to be with his family. You only have one shot to see your kids grow up,”¿Garrard athletics director Kalem Grasham said Thursday. “Doug loves the game of baseball and loves Garrard County. There’s not a person more qualified for to coach baseball at Garrard¿County than Doug Simpson.
Topics
Baseball
“He’s a super guy, we’re going to miss him. He’s one of the better human beings I’ve gotten to know. He’s just genuinely a good guy. In the end, he reflected on the time and commitment that goes into (coaching) and he just wanted to spend more time with his wife and son.”
Simpson, a Garrard County gradaute, went 26-63 in his three years as head coach.
Grasham said the job has already been posted, and said Garrard will first look at certified teachers inside the school district. If they cannot find someone in the district, then a certified candidate outside the district or a para-professional would be considered.
“We’re not in a hurry, but we would like to get somebody in place as soon as possible,”¿Grasham said. “I¿need someone that will put a shot of energy in the baseball program. I feel we’ve got a tremendous amount of talent in the program if we put the right pieces in place in terms of a coach. I have no reason to believe we can’t be successful as a baseball program.”
The new baseball coach would be the eighth new coaching hire Garrard has made in the past year.
This fall alone, the Golden Lions have new coaches in cross country, volleyball, boys and girls golf, boys soccer and cheerleading.
Dennis Pardue was recently hired as the new boys basketball coach, and the track and field teams will also have new coaches.
Copyright © 2012, AM News
What is with the Garrard County coaching carousel? I thought it was just basketball but it must be getting contagious. No pun intended.
CJ Lynn from Danville is the new Garrard Co. Coach. He will do a great job at Garrard.