Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Already in Helmets?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I came across this pix today of what is said to be Ashland Tomcat football players already practicing in helmets. Is this a 2012 pic?

http://www.mobypicture.com/user/Dindepen...sizes/full
Perfectly legal to be in helmets.
Lawrence county was in helmets on the 11th . You just can't be in full pads and make contact yet. They should be wearing helmets in case they have accidental contact or something.

:truestory:
Maybe someone should let North Laurel and Harlan CO know this rule...
wildthang3 Wrote:Maybe someone should let North Laurel and Harlan CO know this rule...

Larkey knows the rules big guy! Heck- he has been around for 100 yrs, probably even wrote a few of them. This dog ain't going to hunt, might as well give it up!
Maybe someone should let things go when they know nothing about it!!!! Food for thought
Monday was the first day of practice for most teams. Helmets are fine. However schools who were together before monday, are in violation of KHSAA rules.
Well couldn't get picture to pull up. But I can definitely confirm those cheatin Tomcats were in helmets Monday an today.... this is sure to give Ashland a decisive Advantage come regular season.. :lmao:
Real Badman Wrote:Monday was the first day of practice for most teams. Helmets are fine. However schools who were together before monday, are in violation of KHSAA rules.

Excatly- even if it was a "lineman" camp... :flush:
Actually you can wear helmets in June for passing with your own team. And also last Tuesday was first day for helmets. I know of a few schools who go full gear to team camps. Nothing wrong with it.
They actually have lineman camps in june that are full pad and full go, like the joe prince camp every year.
The thing people forget is that the only time you cant do anything is during the dead period. Then once the first day of prectice starts you can have full contact until around aug 1st i believe.
Sec. 5) Sports Specifi c Limitations- Football- Boys
a) Organized practice in helmets-only shall not begin prior to
July 15.

Not sure how up-to-date that is but good luck.

http://khsaa.org/httpdocs/handbook/bylaw...bl25fb.pdf
Somebody help me with this... trying to wrap my head around all of this lineman camp business. You can host your own private lineman camp, and run it with your own staff, and still be within the rules? I'm not following the logic here. It sounds as if the Larkeys may have found a loophole in the rule if this is the case. All I know is that they did not advertise this linemen camp the way Joe Prince does his or Buchanan does his QB camp or any other school who is hosting a camp does. It wasn't open to the public, so my question to everyone is, doesn't that sound like a loophole to you? Just seems fishy is all.
wiseguy85 Wrote:Somebody help me with this... trying to wrap my head around all of this lineman camp business. You can host your own private lineman camp, and run it with your own staff, and still be within the rules? I'm not following the logic here. It sounds as if the Larkeys may have found a loophole in the rule if this is the case. All I know is that they did not advertise this linemen camp the way Joe Prince does his or Buchanan does his QB camp or any other school who is hosting a camp does. It wasn't open to the public, so my question to everyone is, doesn't that sound like a loophole to you? Just seems fishy is all.

How do you know it wasn't advertised? Just because you didn't receive a personal invite doesn't mean other schools were not invited.
Wearing of helmets is a safety issue. Perfectly legal gentlemen.
School Admin. Wrote:Wearing of helmets is a safety issue. Perfectly legal gentlemen.

:truestory:
Real Badman Wrote:Sec. 5) Sports Specifi c Limitations- Football- Boys
a) Organized practice in helmets-only shall not begin prior to
July 15.

Not sure how up-to-date that is but good luck.

http://khsaa.org/httpdocs/handbook/bylaw...bl25fb.pdf

What about all of the 7 on 7 passing tourny that went on last week, everyone i am sure was in helmets
West 80 Wrote:What about all of the 7 on 7 passing tourny that went on last week, everyone i am sure was in helmets

Not a clue. I'm sure there are many loop holes in that garbage of a charter. I was just defending my point more then anything.
Yogibear Wrote:How do you know it wasn't advertised? Just because you didn't receive a personal invite doesn't mean other schools were not invited.
Umm, because I am on the ky high school football listserv.... that is where coaches would normally advertise things like scrimmages, games, CAMPS. I know i didn't get a personal invite, but I hadn't seen anything about a camp one county over either. I did hear a ton about Hawg Heaven (Joe Prince's lineman camp) over in Owensborro. I am just asking questions because it sounds curious. It sounds like if it was a camp and they instructed their own players, it sounds like an ingenious loophole to a traditional rule. All I have asked and still have not heard an answer to was who hosted/instructed the camp? Was it put on by the high school or by an outside source - ex... FBU or NIKE, or a professional or college player? No reason to agressive or defensive over answering these questions. I will take everyone's word for it that is what they say it was. :please:
my team went to a 7 on 7 with just one team and it wasnt advertised, I never saw anywhere listed about a camp at Pikeville college, but I think they had one.Not being a smart Alec, but I doubt every coach list everything they sponsor or do.
wiseguy85 Wrote:Somebody help me with this... trying to wrap my head around all of this lineman camp business. You can host your own private lineman camp, and run it with your own staff, and still be within the rules? I'm not following the logic here. It sounds as if the Larkeys may have found a loophole in the rule if this is the case. All I know is that they did not advertise this linemen camp the way Joe Prince does his or Buchanan does his QB camp or any other school who is hosting a camp does. It wasn't open to the public, so my question to everyone is, doesn't that sound like a loophole to you? Just seems fishy is all.

I sent my son to the Joe Prince camp back in 2006. He really loved it. He got put into a room with Graves County players LOL. He said it was hard work but very fun also. Joe is not afraid to call someone out for playing around. He said they also ate like kings!
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:I sent my son to the Joe Prince camp back in 2006. He really loved it. He got put into a room with Graves County players LOL. He said it was hard work but very fun also. Joe is not afraid to call someone out for playing around. He said they also ate like kings!
I think you are the first Mayfield person I have found since I came on.
^
Youll see more of them come September.
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:I sent my son to the Joe Prince camp back in 2006. He really loved it. He got put into a room with Graves County players LOL. He said it was hard work but very fun also. Joe is not afraid to call someone out for playing around. He said they also ate like kings!

The camp is pretty rough. Full pads with three a days for about a week in hot June weather. I remember Whitley sending some boys back there in 04 or 05 and they said it was pretty good. The only problem was the time spent on trying to reteach fundamental like stances and stuff to guys who were juniors and seniors and it kind of being the flip flop of what some of our guys had known for years as it differed in styles. One thing is for sure, there was a lot of hitting.
Do they still have the team camps at Jabez in Wayne County?

20+ miles to anything from there...I swear you can hear banjos playing down there.
^
I believe i heard of a couple of teams going to jabez just a couple of years ago, i would assume they still do.
Yes they still do.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Do they still have the team camps at Jabez in Wayne County?

20+ miles to anything from there...I swear you can hear banjos playing down there.

64black&gold Wrote:Yes they still do.
Pikeville and Boyle County will be there this season.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I think you are the first Mayfield person I have found since I came on.

Nice to see ya on here. I don't post much but read a lot of the football section. We will have more Mayfield posters on here in a few weeks. Most of us are good members but we have one or two who only see Cardinal Red. Confusedhh:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The camp is pretty rough. Full pads with three a days for about a week in hot June weather. I remember Whitley sending some boys back there in 04 or 05 and they said it was pretty good. The only problem was the time spent on trying to reteach fundamental like stances and stuff to guys who were juniors and seniors and it kind of being the flip flop of what some of our guys had known for years as it differed in styles. One thing is for sure, there was a lot of hitting.
That is what my son Scott said. He liked the coaching he got in long snapping.