Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Baseball School
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a young son who loves to play baseball. I have heard of the Lexington Baseball School but haven't really talked to anyone who has been there. Anyone on here with experience with it? Any thoughts or comments?
If you're talking about Champs in Nicholasville, it's a great place.
Did they change the name or did you just shorten it to Champs?
Lexington Baseball School & Champions are two different facilities in the Lexington area.Have heard good stuff about both programs.
KBC(Champs) is a very costly place. Not sure about the cost of the Lexington Baseball School(Lexington Greys). So if you are on a budget, better check into the costs to participate.
Hitters_Count Wrote:KBC(Champs) is a very costly place. Not sure about the cost of the Lexington Baseball School(Lexington Greys). So if you are on a budget, better check into the costs to participate.

It's comparable with the Cincinnati Flames and Midland program, roughly $1,200 per summer. That does not count the cost of the parents travel.
Another program to look into is the Danville Baseball Academy(run by Paul Morse). Their travel baseball is very strong. The cost to play is from 500-1000.
There is the Danny Wayne Pelfrey Baseball Academy in Hazard. Not real sure what it costs or anything.
Danny Wayne Pelfrey is the best dang baseball guy that lives in Eastern Kentucky.
Louisville Baseball Club is the premier program jn the Louisville area aind is only $800 for position players and $400 for PO
Stardust Wrote:It's comparable with the Cincinnati Flames and Midland program, roughly $1,200 per summer. That does not count the cost of the parents travel.

Which depending on where you go, can approach the $700-$1000 a week numbers.

I could buy a small home based on what I have spent on travel ball over the years.
Bob Seger Wrote:Which depending on where you go, can approach the $700-$1000 a week numbers.

I could buy a small home based on what I have spent on travel ball over the years.

Bob, we chose THIS

[Image: Family%20in%20front%20of%20shack%20home%20OK%20City.jpg]

For THIS

[Image: 6a01310f9ede0b970c0177430a76ef970d-800wi]
Stardust Wrote:Bob, we chose THIS

[Image: Family%20in%20front%20of%20shack%20home%20OK%20City.jpg]

For THIS

[Image: 6a01310f9ede0b970c0177430a76ef970d-800wi]

Hmmm. I dont remember seeing you guys here around the neighborhood before. Looks like you live in the "uppity" side of the subdivision. Now I see why you act so snotty on here sometimes. Wow!!! The deluxe model. Dang showoffs.........:biggrin:

Since your clan likes "sit down" meals you folks should stop by for vittles sometime, if you dont mind visting us here on the wrong side of the tracks.
Oh by the way, you might want to bring your own milk crates. Since granny moved in, we're running a little short.....Look forward to seein y'all.:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

Seriously though, there are a lot of financial and time sacrifices you make to play in these summer travel teams. I know you have run the wheels off the Chevette going all over the country over the years. The player's fee is just a drop in a bucket compared to the rest of what you shell out. At least on the teams my boys have played on.
KBC 13U team is $2000 a year. Which is pretty silly until they get the age of actually getting scouted.
Bluecat Wrote:I have a young son who loves to play baseball. I have heard of the Lexington Baseball School but haven't really talked to anyone who has been there. Anyone on here with experience with it? Any thoughts or comments?

Take him by Champs on the weekends during winter and check it out, you will like it.
Champions is very expensive. I would check out some of those other Academy's as well. All provide very good imstruction.