Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th region up and coming freshman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just thought I would start a thread for this region. There seems to be one for several other regions.
Pikeville has a few kids that are super talented coming up, not sure on names though.
Matt Miller, Cash Daniels, and Luke Trimble from Paintsville.
From Pikeville:

-Steven Silvers
-Blaine May
-Ryder Johnson

Johnson is probably the most ready for Varsity simply because he is a 1 and more physically mature.

If May and Silvers develop physically, they will be tough. Silvers projects to a 3, IMO. I have never seen a kid with more work ethic than Silvers. He has kept a basketball with him at all times the past 3-4 years. He is always out running or biking. And almost every time I drive by the school one of his parent's cars are outside waiting for him to be finished. During the school year, this can be as late as 11pm until past midnight. Last year after the team got back from the district tournament, I went in to congratulate the staff and team, and Silvers was already back in the gym, ipod in, working on ball handling, defensive slides, and putting up shots.

May is very basketball smart and can play the 1 or 2. Will need to add strength and quickness, which I am confident will come with maturity and experience adjusting to the high school game.

Others that I have seen:
-Hunter Clark (Pike Central)
-Hunter Swindall (Shelby Valley) may just be going into 8th though.
-Chandler Rowe (Shelby Valley)

I know Paintsville and Lawrence County have a few as well.
Possible impact players from SV:

Hunter Swindall (Pike County MVP and member of KBA State All Tournament Team. Has a great work ethic)
Chandler Rowe (Can play several positions, but is probably more of a 2. Very quick and good defender and shoots fairly well)
Zachary Tackett (Very heady point guard on the Dorton team last year. Very tough kid and a great leader)
Cody Mullins (One of the best shooters in Pike County the last couple of years)
Donovan Layne (Hard worker and great rebounder for his size)

The incoming class of freshmen is a pretty strong class around the region with multiple talented players at Pikeville, SV, Lawrence, Paintsville, and Betsy Layne (to name a few). I also believe James from Sheldon Clark will be a freshman who has already made a huge impact on the high school team.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Matt Miller, Cash Daniels, and Luke Trimble from Paintsville.

They also have a new name into that mix...Luke Daniels.

Moved back from the Carolinas.
Panther Thunder Wrote:From Pikeville:

-Steven Silvers
-Blaine May
-Ryder Johnson

Johnson is probably the most ready for Varsity simply because he is a 1 and more physically mature.

If May and Silvers develop physically, they will be tough. Silvers projects to a 3, IMO. I have never seen a kid with more work ethic than Silvers. He has kept a basketball with him at all times the past 3-4 years. He is always out running or biking. And almost every time I drive by the school one of his parent's cars are outside waiting for him to be finished. During the school year, this can be as late as 11pm until past midnight. Last year after the team got back from the district tournament, I went in to congratulate the staff and team, and Silvers was already back in the gym, ipod in, working on ball handling, defensive slides, and putting up shots.

May is very basketball smart and can play the 1 or 2. Will need to add strength and quickness, which I am confident will come with maturity and experience adjusting to the high school game.

Others that I have seen:

Shows how much attention I pay, I forgot about Teddy Smith of Pikeville. He will get a lot of PT in his freshman season.
OffTheHook Wrote:They also have a new name into that mix...Luke Daniels.

Moved back from the Carolinas.

Fantastic.
Brandon Richardson for Sheldon Clark transfer from Louisa.
Dylan James will be in the 8 grade this season.
Wildcat man Wrote:Brandon Richardson for Sheldon Clark transfer from Louisa.

I actually knew that James was going to be an 8th grader, just forgot. I believe he could be one of the best shooters to be in this region in a long time. We played them in a grade school tournament last season at the Sportsplex and he lit it up in every game I watched.
^Kid can shoot!
Upcoming ER freshman
Trey Little-Elkhorn-PG/SG
Lucas Freeman-Feds Creek-C
Brad Huffman-MillardPG/SG
Camron potter-Millard-PF/C

Little-Very explosive attacks basket when I saw him play. Needs to work on jumpshot. Which I saw him doing the other day.
Freeman-Posts up well...needs to get faster.
Huffman-Good handles needs to attack basket more..Good Jumpshooter
Potter-Long and can blocck shots. Score anytime in the post and can shoot alittle.
Betsy Layne won the floyd county grade school tournament last year. They have two very good players with speed and size with Dalton Meade and Andrew Tackett. They will be among the top freshmen this year.
Hunter Clark? lol. Does nobody realize who Tyler Burnett is? the upcoming freshman from Mullins? averaged double digits, 14 a game if i am remembering correctly for pike centrals varsity the last 10 games of the season? Probably would have had a better season but had a minor injury during the first part of the year that held him back from scoring so easily.
Here are some more Pike Central freshmen to talk about. Tyler Burnett started at point guard last year as an 8th grader. Did really well from what I understand. Matt Turnmire from Johns Creek and Logan Newsome from Mullins played well during the summer and should be big contributors down the road. Hunter Clark, (mentioned before) also played well. Teddy Smith is now back at Pike Central after leaving Pikeville, so the future looks bright. That is, if these guys continue to work hard and stay with it. It might be noted that Ryder Johnson was at Pike Central about a week ago, but I have also heard him linked to Allen Central, Johnson Central and June Buchannan. That's not the gospel, just what i've heard.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Shows how much attention I pay, I forgot about Teddy Smith of Pikeville. He will get a lot of PT in his freshman season.

Maybe it was intuition. Teddy Smith is now enrolled at Pike Central.
PantherTradition Wrote:Maybe it was intuition. Teddy Smith is now enrolled at Pike Central.

What? Teddy enrolled at Pikeville at the end of the middle school season and was placed on varsity after a couple of JV games and stole a varsity spot from a Pikeville player. Now he is leaving Pikeville. Bart must be embarrassed.
There's some fine talent at the middle school level among the 15th region as well!
Gotta love these "Talk About Me" threads.......
wildballer0123 Wrote:Upcoming ER freshman
Trey Little-Elkhorn-PG/SG
Lucas Freeman-Feds Creek-C
Brad Huffman-MillardPG/SG
Camron potter-Millard-PF/C

Little-Very explosive attacks basket when I saw him play. Needs to work on jumpshot. Which I saw him doing the other day.
Freeman-Posts up well...needs to get faster.
Huffman-Good handles needs to attack basket more..Good Jumpshooter
Potter-Long and can blocck shots. Score anytime in the post and can shoot alittle.

Doubt those boys will ever see the floor considering the freshman that may come from the other feeders like Canada and Coratia.
Matt Ratliff, Austin Chaffins, and Grant Kiser from Lawrence Co. Excited to see these boys in action this fall.
Wildcat man Wrote:Brandon Richardson for Sheldon Clark transfer from Louisa.

The transfer from Louisa apparently was only wanting to ride the shirt tale of Johnson to a state title. Now that johnson and Spurlock have left so has he transferring back to louisa. Funny how people just up and jump ship not talented enough to get recognition of their own. :moon:
[quote=BowMan15]The transfer from Louisa apparently was only wanting to ride the shirt tale of Johnson to a state title. Now that johnson and Spurlock have left so has he transferring back to louisa. Funny how people just up and jump ship not talented enough to get recognition of their own. :moon:[/QUOT

LOL! I totally agree. Consider yourself lucky cause you don't have to deal with the parents!
Dalton Frasure of Prestonsburg.
Panther Thunder Wrote:From Pikeville:

-Steven Silvers
-Blaine May
-Ryder Johnson

Others that I have seen:

Is Chandler Rowe kin to Rodney that played for Virgie in the early eighties?
Chandler is Rodney's nephew.
And he is a very solid player. Contributed on the high school team last year as an eighth grader.
Chandler Rowe is an outstanding Athlete and is very confident in his abilities for such a young player. He has been around the game his entire life and will make an impact on Shelby Valley Basketball and Football before he is done. He is a great team player and understands what the coach expects. The name Rowe has great history but he is unique in the fact that he is so strong physically and has unlimited range as a scorer. He can beat you off the dribble or shoot over you. He is a awesome defender and will sacrifice his body to make a play.
what about brady ousley, or hunter johnson,they might not get much playing time next year but they will be very good players in the next couple of years.that ousley boy is the best shooter in floyd county and hunter grabs 15 rebounds agame
Thanks Cougar Connection. Chandler is a good kid and has great work ethic despite his dad,lol.
Pages: 1 2