Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class 4A District 8 predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lets here everyone's thoughts about district 8 in 4A this year.

1. Ashland-The Tomcats will reload with 15 seniors returning and some talented underclassmen and build on last years success.

2 Rowan County- Explosive offense but nothing defensively.

3 Johnson Central- With Mr. Everything JJ Jude gone it could be a long year in Paintsville.

4. Greenup County- I'd actually forgot Greenup had a team but they can still finish ahead of the county.

5. Boyd County- Come on they're Boyd County, there's no explanation needed.
You are out of it. Johnson central is loaded. JJ Jude was good but he is not all they had. They have a very good D and that O line JJ ran behind was young last year so they will be even better this year. Any back in eastern kentucky will look good this year at JC with that O line. Johnson central is a powerhouse in this area now. They have built their program up to the point now that they get a lot of good players from other schools so they don't rebuild they just reload. And by the way they will probably beat the tomcats this year.:haters:
I hope everyone looks at JC like this. We counted 15 Sr's and 13 Jr's out of the 60 that showed up for the first day of practice. I don't have the heart to tell them that the best they will do is 3rd in the district. LOL. Go Eagles!!!!
It's a two horse race. Rowan lost the best athlete in the programs history in Adam wing and aren't really known for beating Ashland or JC but they can pull a miracle I guess. Greenup and boyd fight for the right to get destroyed in a first round playoff game. It's a slight edge to Ashland I think as the young guys got a lot of pt last year since most of the games werent close which should pay off this year. But I'm not gonna say I would be surprised if JC wins especially since they get the tomcats at home.
Ashland will be Very good up front on both sides of the ball. Looks like they have reloaded this year. This team is moving in the right direction ^
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:It's a two horse race. Rowan lost the best athlete in the programs history in Adam wing and aren't really known for beating Ashland or JC but they can pull a miracle I guess. Greenup and boyd fight for the right to get destroyed in a first round playoff game. It's a slight edge to Ashland I think as the young guys got a lot of pt last year since most of the games werent close which should pay off this year. But I'm not gonna say I would be surprised if JC wins especially since they get the tomcats at home.

I agree. Rowan will fall off the radar without Wing. They will fight it out with Greenup and Boyd to see which 2 travel in the playoffs and who starts basketball. I will give the edge to JC based on the home field advantage.
Extremely weak district. The "winner" will go nowhere when it faces one of the better northern Kentucky schools. It will be brutal.