Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: OUtsourcing jobs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Living next to Ohio we get all the political ads on Cincinnati TV and radio.
The Obama re-election people theme of late has been Romney and outsorcing jobs but did you know:
GM is opening 11 new assembly plants in China these cars will be exported to the US
UAW legislative director Alan Reuther wrote a letter to Congress:
Unfortunately, the latest restructuring plan put forward by the company calls for the closing of 16 manufacturing facilities in this country, including four assembly plants. This will result in the direct loss of 21,000 jobs.
The ripple effect at suppliers, dealers, and other businesses will cost tens of thousands of additional jobs, devastating numerous communities across the United States.
Incredibly, between 2010-2014 GM’s restructuring plan also calls for a 98% increase in the number of vehicles it will be importing into the United States from Mexico, Korea, Japan and China, with the number of imports from these countries increasing from 371,547 to 736,743. As a result, the share of GM’s sales in the U.S. market that will be imported from these countries will increase from 15.5% to 23.5%. The overall number of vehicles GM will be importing in 2014 represents the production of four assembly plants, the same number that GM plans to close in the United States.
This is why those who say to buy only American Cars do not have a clue....
^Here again we have yet another example of team Obama, aka democrats, tactics recommended by the DNC, whatever, misleading the public. They do it everyday and in everyway they can dream something up. Am I the only one with raging contempt for the lies our own federal government keep feeding us? Obama turns out to be the biggest outsourcer in recent times and Romney gets 'tagged' as an outsourcer. Reid blocks yet another federal budget proposal coming up out of the House and calls the republicans 'obstructionists'. Every American should be up their eyeballs with this stuff.
TheRealThing Wrote:^Here again we have yet another example of team Obama, aka democrats, tactics recommended by the DNC, whatever, misleading the public. They do it everyday and in everyway they can dream something up. Am I the only one with raging contempt for the lies our own federal government keep feeding us? Obama turns out to be the biggest outsourcer in recent times and Romney gets 'tagged' as an outsourcer. Reid blocks yet another federal budget proposal coming up out of the House and calls the republicans 'obstructionists'. Every American should be up their eyeballs with this stuff.

GM and Chrysler should have both been forced to file bankruptcy to begin with.
Yet the unions continue to back them and blame the Republicans for hating unions
Bob Seger Wrote:GM and Chrysler should have both been forced to file bankruptcy to begin with.

Agreed. Their financial situation as it was then, is the reason bankruptcy laws were written in the first place. Instead of honoring long established law in the matter, Obama went charging ahead irrespective of foundational principles of federal law, business and government, to affect his own idea of a fix. Presidents aren't elected for shenanigans such as this. Who'd have ever forseen an American president thumbing his nose at established law by initiating the sweeping amnesty program for illegal aliens Obama foisted upon the nation via presidential fiat. When running over the law in such fashion will produce an outcome beneficial to his campaign by garnering votes and solidifying a segment of his voting base, that particular abuse of power must have seemed entirely acceptable to this administration. However, when his signature legislative achievement was threatened as to it's constitutionality, suddenly the law as upheld by the SCOTUS, became something sacred to this same administration.
MustangSally Wrote:Yet the unions continue to back them and blame the Republicans for hating unions

Ignorance is bliss, and the dems are mum!
Didn't GM accept the bailout then also file bankruptcy?
It's Bush's fault
it's part of the global economy free market you guy's brag about all
the time

look at this

http://www.tradereform.org/2012/07/obama...ile-duties

i believe this is a FIRST
^ what does this have to do with the thread and How Obama and his team are hypocrites by attacking Romney as the outsourcer in chief when the President has done the same?
vector Wrote:it's part of the global economy free market you guy's brag about all
the time

look at this

http://www.tradereform.org/2012/07/obama...ile-duties

i believe this is a FIRST

ARTICLE EXCERPT from nky's link----
GM has shuttered eight plants since 2005, and its bankruptcy-mandated restructuring plan called for the company to shed 22,500 U.S. jobs and 13 plants. Meanwhile, the company has invested $3.67 billion into Mexican production and built a new plant there. If production increases to the point that GM needs to create thousands of jobs, they most likely won’t be in America.
END EXCERPT---

You really gonna try to say if the dems had this much ammunition to use against Romney, they wouldn't point to this as irrefutable evidence that he is a job "outsourcer"? A term the DNC has dreamed up to attack the character and reputation of Romney just because he is Obama's foe this election. I wonder how the DNC would sugar coat the loss of 22,500 jobs and 13 plant closings. How would they say Obama isn't an "outsourcer"? Just because the business decisions by GM happen to fit into the scheme of the global economy these days, doesn't mean Obama isn't guilty of exporting jobs to other countries, in the exact same fashion he has accused Romney of doing.
TheRealThing Wrote:ARTICLE EXCERPT from nky's link----
GM has shuttered eight plants since 2005, and its bankruptcy-mandated restructuring plan called for the company to shed 22,500 U.S. jobs and 13 plants. Meanwhile, the company has invested $3.67 billion into Mexican production and built a new plant there. If production increases to the point that GM needs to create thousands of jobs, they most likely won’t be in America.
END EXCERPT---

You really gonna try to say if the dems had this much ammunition to use against Romney, they wouldn't point to this as irrefutable evidence that he is a job "outsourcer". A term the DNC has dreamed up to attack the character and reputation of Romney just because he is Obama's foe this election. I wonder how the DNC would sugar coat the loss of 22,500 jobs and 13 plant closings. How would they say Obama isn't an "outsourcer". Just because the business decisions by GM happen to fit into the scheme of the global economy these days doesn't mean Obama isn't guilty of exporting jobs to other countries, in the exact same fashion he has accused Romney of doing.

the only thing missing is obama is not the CEO of general motors
like ROMNEY was for bain

it's the free market you guys keep braging onConfusednicker:
vector Wrote:the only thing missing is Obama is not the CEO of general motors
like ROMNEY was for bani

it's the free market you guys keep barraging onConfusednicker:

Yet President Obama saved the auto industry. He's touting what he's done for GM as one of his crowning moments in his Presidency.

It's ironic that the union sheep follow blindly. Bet the UAW is remains quiet the closer the elections come
I don't have a problem with a private corporation engaging in the global market. If they can lower the price of a good and increase the stock price that a win win for me.

I do have a problem with t he US government using tax payers money to do the same. There is a difference
MustangSally Wrote:Yet President Obama saved the auto industry. He's touting what he's done for GM as one of his crowning moments in his Presidency.

It's ironic that the union sheep follow blindly. Bet the UAW is remains quiet the closer the elections come

Obama didn't save anything. He robbed American taxpayers and gave it away without the consent of anyone who footed the bill.
MustangSally Wrote:I don't have a problem with a private corporation engaging in the global market. If they can lower the price of a good and increase the stock price that a win win for me.

I do have a problem with t he US government using tax payers money to do the same. There is a difference

the global market has not helped the united states
Barry Kardashian bailed the UAW's with tax dollars. GM was of no concern. It was nothing more than another vote buying scheme. Folks in my home county are spending time in jail for the same thing, just not as big, and they used their own money.
Bob Seger Wrote:Obama didn't save anything. He robbed American taxpayers and gave it away without the consent of anyone who footed the bill.
Confusednicker:http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/...-ohio-tour

"My experience has been in saving the American auto industry. And as long as I'm president that's what I'm going to be doing, waking up every single day thinking about how we can create more jobs for your families," Obama said at a rally in Maumee, Ohio.

another good one

"Governor Romney's experience has been in owning companies that were called 'pioneers of outsourcing' - that's not my phrase - 'pioneers of outsourcing,'" Mr. Obama told the crowd. "My experience has been in saving the American auto industry.
vector Wrote:the only thing missing is obama is not the CEO of general motors
like ROMNEY was for bain

it's the free market you guys keep braging onConfusednicker:

That's not what I heard. Once my tax dollars were used to purchase 70% of General Motors, that made Obama somebody GM management couldn't ignore. At any rate, none of the criticisms you liberals make of Romney have any basis in fact, and everybody knows that. One of the slanderers in arms, (aka Obama campaign staffers), cooks up the most devastating lie possible, the DNC packages the lie and distributes it to the legions of liberal zombies, (aka Obama campaign workers) who then go out and repeat it over and over again. You all like to call those lies, talking points. :biggrin:
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Barry Kardashian bailed the UAW's with tax dollars. GM was of no concern. It was nothing more than another vote buying scheme. Folks in my home county are spending time in jail for the same thing, just not as big, and they used their own money.

That is exactly right.
MustangSally Wrote:Yet the unions continue to back them and blame the Republicans for hating unions
Republicans try at every turn to bust unions, and you know it. I have heard them time and again over the last 23 years.
vector Wrote:the global market has not helped the united states

Wow. You've had a regular communcation and economic renaissance the last couple of days. You might want to explain your point of view to Obama the next time you're up to the White House. Cause he thinks it's ALL about the global economy. Plus he's trying to make the USA, Europe West. I'll save you the trouble of trying to fake your way through a bumbling effort to share your particular enlightenment of world finance on this forum.
Bob Seger Wrote:Obama didn't save anything. He robbed American taxpayers and gave it away without the consent of anyone who footed the bill.
Yet it's almost paid back, with interest.
TheRealThing Wrote:That's not what I heard. Once my tax dollars were used to purchase 70% of General Motors, that made Obama somebody GM management couldn't ignore. At any rate, none of the criticisms you liberals make of Romney have any basis in fact, and everybody knows that. One of the slanderers in arms, (aka Obama campaign staffers), cooks up the most devastating lie possible, the DNC packages the lie and distributes it to the legions of liberal zombies, (aka Obama campaign workers) who then go out and repeat it over and over again. You all like to call those lies, talking points. :biggrin:
I love how you republicans were slamming Romney, until he was the republican candidate.
TheRealVille Wrote:I love how you republicans were slamming Romney, until he was the republican candidate.

I'm sure you can't quote anybody's Romney slams. But, it's one thing to compare him to other conservatives. And quite another to be compared to the most extremely liberal president ever.

In fact, when compared to your hero, he fairly shines like the noon day sun. Take this one for instance----SEOUL, South Korea — At the tail end of his 90 minute meeting with Russian President Dmitri Medvedev Monday, President Obama said that he would have “more flexibility” to deal with controversial issues such as missile defense, but incoming Russian President Vladimir Putin needs to give him “space.”

The exchange was picked up by microphones as reporters were let into the room for remarks by the two leaders.

The exchange:

President Obama: On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space.

President Medvedev: Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…

President Obama: This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.

President Medvedev: I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir.
END ARTICLE

And may I just say, I have closely followed presidential elections since Jimmy Carter ran against Gerald Ford. And I have followed confirmation hearings starting with Supreme Court nominee Robert Bork. In his case Ted Kennedy showed his true colors. Democrats warned Reagan there would be a fight over the nomination. Reagan nominated Bork for the seat on July 1, 1987. Within 45 minutes of Robert Bork's nomination to the Court, Senator Ted Kennedy (D-MA) took to the Senate floor with a strong condemnation of Bork in a nationally televised speech, declaring,

"Robert Bork's America is a land in which women would be forced into back-alley abortions, blacks would sit at segregated lunch counters, rogue police could break down citizens' doors in midnight raids, schoolchildren could not be taught about evolution, writers and artists could be censored at the whim of the Government, and the doors of the Federal courts would be shut on the fingers of millions of citizens."
Judiciary Committee Chair Biden's hypocrisy was almost as startling in that case as well, but, nothing I've ever seen or heard coming out of the mouth of any politician, much less a sitting president, can come close to the treachery demonstrated by the above text.
TheRealVille Wrote:Yet it's almost paid back, with interest.

According to this link, I dont believe that to be accurate. This is two years old, but it tells the whole story about the great distorted snow job that GM reported.

http://www.forbes.com/2010/04/23/general...almia.html

Bob Seger Wrote:According to this link, I dont believe that to be accurate. This is two years old, but it tells the whole story about the great distorted snow job that GM reported.

http://www.forbes.com/2010/04/23/general...almia.html

I'm sorry, but I just have to ask, as to the bolded. In light of the information provided on the link, is your post just another one of your liberal lies, or did you speak from an uninformed postition?

Bob Seger Wrote:According to this link, I dont believe that to be accurate. This is two years old, but it tells the whole story about the great distorted snow job that GM reported.

www.forbes.com/2010/04/23/general-motors-economy-bailout-opinions-columnists-shikha-dalmia.html
Here's a more current article
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/201...on-profit/
General Motors earned a record $7.6 billion profit last year, the highest profit in the company’s 103-year history. It sold 640,000 more cars and trucks in 2011 than it did in 2010 and took in a total of $105 billion.
To date, GM has paid back $26 billion of the $49.5 billion bailout and U.S. taxpayers still own 30 percent of the company in stock.
Pages: 1 2