Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scott high school has a new coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Coach Campbell has taken an assistant principal job within the district and is out as head coach at Scott. Looks like the position will be filled on an interim basis by assistant head coach Dan Woolley
Well, you must take care of your family first and foremost, but wow, such horrible timing for the players.
it is interesting
Kenton Co is very very low on administrators for the next school year. With 16 administrator jobs being open at the end of last school year, that's a lot to fill. Coach Campbell had the requirements to be an asst. Principal and did so. Im sure he will be helping out with the Scott Program, just in an unofficial basis.
Let's see what he is capable to do.
^true and professionally it makes sense. There was an unusual amount of administration opening the last two years in Kenton Co
nky Wrote:^true and professionally it makes sense. There was an unusual amount of administration opening the last two years in Kenton Co

Just to shed a little light on the 11 principal openings in KCS from this past school year.

4 principals are retiring
1 resigned due to the death of his father
2 are moving to central office positions
1 principal is moving to an associate principal roll to spend more time at home with her sick mother
1 resigned to spend more time at home with his 3 daughters.

that leaves 2 opens left that I am not sure about.

It has been difficult to find replacements for these administrative roles. In fact a few teachers (Like Coach Campbell) have been semi forced into administrative roles.
semi forced is a bit much.....there are those out there to fill these spots
seems like 3 years is the going rate as head coach at scott
nky Wrote:semi forced is a bit much.....there are those out there to fill these spots

Considering his teaching position had the possibility of being cut, I would say that is semi forced.
plantmanky Wrote:Considering his teaching position had the possibility of being cut, I would say that is semi forced.

my understanding is he wasn't semi forced, but highly encouraged by the school to become assistant principal. he had every intention of coaching this year
I think they are going to allow him to be an asst coach or that is what I am hearing.
plantmanky Wrote:Considering his teaching position had the possibility of being cut, I would say that is semi forced.
yet the school expanded the PE department going into next year by adding a half teaching position
With Scott's project enrollment at less tha 850 students for the 2012-13 school year there was some cut made in staffing. The principal choose to cut the business department and expand the art/PE/and add a culinary Arts teacher. I don't think the position was being cut.
Now the real question is how are the players re-acting?