Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dwight Howard to Lakers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Source: After speaking w/ Kobe & Nash and liking what he heard, Dwight Howard has told the Lakers he'll sign contract extension with them.
I just don't know how well this would/will work. I think Howard and Nash could be fine on their own, but add Kobe and his need to have the ball to that duo and I am not sure how well it works on offense. Now on defense, no doubt, he helps Nash big time and even Kobe as well, since he could get up on his man and not worry about getting beat off the dribble and no back up behind him. Howard is pretty much the best back up to have in the NBA if one gets beat out front by their man. But Howard seems to want a much more involved role in his team's offense and I am not so sure he would get that role with the Lakers. Would be interesting to watch however.
Not sure how credible this is, but.. If it is, beats the hell out of the Magic.
Even if it is my most hated team in the NBA. Let's see what happens.
I think Howard would be willing to give up touches in order to compete for a title. It would make the Lakers better defensively, but its not a tremendous offensive improvement. Still does not make them better than the hungry and younger OKC
That would be awesome.
The two biggest babys in the league on the same team.

Cant wait to see them fit both of those egos in the staple center.
I read earlier this week that they were in talks for a Bynum for DH trade....
This wouldn't surprise me but I honestly don't think from Bynum to DH you are getting a whole lot of improvement.
^ Defensively - yes, offensively - No!
Stardust Wrote:^ Defensively - yes, offensively - No!

Yes def a defensive upgrade...

Which is probably why Kobe would love if this happened.......he still wouldn't have anyone on his team taking away his shots...
If the Lakers get Howard, they are the favorite in the West. AS LONG AS they do not lose both big men.

They have Artest and Howard, who are top 5 defensive players, Kobe, Pau and Nash who are some of the best offensive players at their positions.

No bench could be a problem but we will see.