Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Please fire tubby wubby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
please get him outta there
Nice thread, and some nice insight there buddy..I dont care much for Tubby either but this thread is ridiculous, pathetic, and sad...
well dont post on it genius
No offense here TE#82, but how is anyone supposed to respond to this...Are you asking that one of us on here fire Tubby Smith or trying to get a message to the UK Athletic Administration? I mean I don't agree with wanting to have Tubby Smith fired, and he WON'T be by the way, but what was your intention of this thread? At least bring a little bit to the table if you're going to make outrageous statements such as these...
Soooooo.....do people on this site have connections to the UK athletic department?? didnt think so...While posting, next time have a little insight, and maybe a point would help too...thanks in advance.
TE#82 man you outta become a Louisville Cardinals fan, because Tubby's not going any where !
Not a very good thread starter. No offense 82 but there have been several stupid threads just like this and every one of them have gotten the same response.
While everyone burns you at the stake, I'll go ahead and take your back:Thumbs: I've been saying that all along. He has horrible coaching strategies and recruits will quit looking at UK if they keep getting worse
All of this FIRE TUBBY stuff is just getting old in all aspects of it! If he leaves, he leaves, if he stays, he stays! WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT IT?
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT IT?

Send a petition to the school
He DID win the 98' Championship with Pitinos players and ever since then his recruits and coaching style have been horrendous and the programs prestige has went down hill ever since and is still on the decline today. True, he did get three McDonalds AA's with Crawford, Rondo, and Morris but we have seen how they have came out. Morris is FINALLY starting to play like he is suppose to, Crawford is scared to shoot because he will get pulled by Tubby if he does and Rondo is just being Rondo and thinks his name and game is greater than the name on his jersey.
BFritz Wrote:Send a petition to the school

They would laugh and throw it away...It's nothing to them.....
easternkysportsguru Wrote:He DID win the 98' Championship with Pitinos players and ever since then his recruits and coaching style have been horrendous and the programs prestige has went down hill ever since and is still on the decline today. True, he did get three McDonalds AA's with Crawford, Rondo, and Morris but we have seen how they have came out. Morris is FINALLY starting to play like he is suppose to, Crawford is scared to shoot because he will get pulled by Tubby if he does and Rondo is just being Rondo and thinks his name and game is greater than the name on his jersey.

It may have been Pitino's players, but he won it didn't he?..That 98 team lost 3 of it's top 4 scorers from the year before, and most people agree that the 97 was a lot better, and was projected to win it but why didnt they? Go back and watch some of the tournament games in 98, all the commentators talk about is how great of a job Tubby Smith done as a coach and how he outcoached Coach K in the Duke game...The recruits have not been horrendous..Sure there have been a few bad apples, but then you also have Bogans, Prince, Daniels, Hayes, Fitch, Hawkins, Rondo, Crawford, Morris, and many other great players that I cant think of off the top of my head...With the exception of this season Kentucky has not lost any prestige, and if they can keep prestige through the years they had in 88-90, then they can keep it after this...
alfus21 Wrote:It may have been Pitino's players, but he won it didn't he?..That 98 team lost 3 of it's top 4 scorers from the year before, and most people agree that the 97 was a lot better, and was projected to win it but why didnt they? Go back and watch some of the tournament games in 98, all the commentators talk about is how great of a job Tubby Smith done as a coach and how he outcoached Coach K in the Duke game...The recruits have not been horrendous..Sure there have been a few bad apples, but then you also have Bogans, Prince, Daniels, Hayes, Fitch, Hawkins, Rondo, Crawford, Morris, and many other great players that I cant think of off the top of my head...With the exception of this season Kentucky has not lost any prestige, and if they can keep prestige through the years they had in 88-90, then they can keep it after this...

Exactly what i was thinking...:thumpsup:
:dontthink
kentucky would be a lot better if they fired tubby
And this site would be better if we got rid of you....joker...
So maybe someone could fire 82 from this sight lol. Want him or not Tubby stays, and I think that is the best thing for UK. Show me 5 coaches with a better record since 98.
The fact is that Orlando "Tubby" Smith just has not got the job done at Kentucky... Either way you want to look at it, the problems with the program are HIS fault. Some people say that UK just doesn't have the players to be a top 10 team... Well, who does the recruiting??? OTS Some people say that this team had talent, but just didn't play that hard... Well, who decides who plays??? OTS Some people say this team had good talent, but didn't use it properly... Well, who determines the style of play??? OTS

Any way you want to look at it the problems that exist in the program now fall squarely on the shoulders of one man.... Orlando "Tubby" Smith.

And the sad thing is that all of the big blue fans who live and die with every game have to live through the misery that is Tubby Smith basketball. My goodness, all we had this past season was guards, so how much did we press and push the ball up the court??? Very little... Tubby constantly complained on his radio show about how this team lacked toughness and strength... Well, who recruited those players and brought them here??? OTS I'm so tired of all the excuses... This is Kentucky... and that alone should recruit better than what OTS has. Nothing spells disaster like have a team of all 6 footers and 7 footers and nothing in between. Everyone knew going into the season that replacing Chuck Hayes would be the biggest challenge, and that we need a power forward to help on the post offensively and in rebounding. So what did OTS do? He went out and signed a power forward (Rekalin Sims) who want to do nothing but face up offensively, and doesn't like to bang on the boards. Good call OTS...
I'm not a Big Blue fan,but I will say he has done ok. He doesn't win every game so most of the UK fans hate him "SO WHAT". Who would you get to replace him? I can't honestly think of any coach that would do any better with that team than he has done. I think they will be just fine this up coming year! He has some pretty decent recruits. How would you like to be in his shoes and coach at UK having to put up with all the pressure ? I know I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. If you lose 5 games or more you can't coach according to most of the UK diehards. You guys are CRAZY!!!!!!! Smile
cardsfan Wrote:I'm not a Big Blue fan,but I will say he has done ok. He doesn't win every game so most of the UK fans hate him "SO WHAT". Who would you get to replace him? I can't honestly think of any coach that would do any better with that team than he has done. I think they will be just fine this up coming year! He has some pretty decent recruits. How would you like to be in his shoes and coach at UK having to put up with all the pressure ? I know I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. If you lose 5 games or more you can't coach according to most of the UK diehards. You guys are CRAZY!!!!!!! Smile

When has OK ever been good enough at UK? You say no one else would have done better with that team. It was Tubby's team. Another coach might not have wanted that group of players.

:ChairHit:
Your Cats made the big dance and my Cards went to the NIT!!! When I said ok I meant just because, you can't win the championship does not mean you had a bad season or a bad coach.I know they did not win the SEC Tourney either,but at least you did not have three Freshman starting and your star player was not injured!!! I just think this coming season will be better for UK. I know the Cards will have a better season with the players that are returning and with the recruits Pitino has coming!!! :thumpsup:
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH..he will be there for eternity!
BelfryJustice Wrote:When has OK ever been good enough at UK? You say no one else would have done better with that team. It was Tubby's team. Another coach might not have wanted that group of players.

:ChairHit:

Amen.
So many sides we can all see about this situation!
we need pitino back
Yeh we definitely need NITino back...
I'll keep Tubby if it's all the same to you. NITino? why doesnt he try to bring back Mike Tyson if likes challanges. Now THAT would get him in the spot light alot. Tricky Ricky is a legend in his own mind. Why can't some of you see that?
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:I'll keep Tubby if it's all the same to you. NITino? why doesnt he try to bring back Mike Tyson if likes challanges. Now THAT would get him in the spot light alot. Tricky Ricky is a legend in his own mind. Why can't some of you see that?

Rick was a great coach at UK and you know that. He did a lot for the program to get it back on track. Without his leadership you could kiss those two titles in the 90’s away. Tubby is a good one also, but I will never feel as if he has done as much for the program as Rick did in the time that he was there. It makes me sick to see everyone talk bad about Rick because he left for 70+ million. Most in that situation would have taken the high road. He gave his all to the UK program while he was there and most of you that bad mouth him just can’t deal with him being in Louisville. Most of you are the same that worshipped him while he was there. I just wish most of you would give him the credit for what he has done for the program and I am talking about Pitino.

Rolleyes
O dont get me wrong, Pitino took the University of Kentucky back to the promised land! He did TONS for the program and i am greatful for it. I just dont like to hear people win and bicker about how we need him back. He is GONE! He will NEVER be back at Kentucky, and frankly that doesnt bother me! Also i dont know how we can have comments like, We need pitino back, when he just finished off a fantastic run to the NIT final four...Makes no sense to me. We spanked Louisville this year, had a more successful season, and NITino is still the GOD of college basketball coaches. His time is done here at kentucky, why cant you all see that and let it go!!
Pages: 1 2