Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Golfing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do any of you all golf? If so..

Where at mostly?
What kind of clubs you got?
What's the best you shot?

Just anything you want say that is related to golf. Questions, statements, etc..
I have never golfed anything beyond mininature golf. I have watched people golfing have always wondered what the facination is. I would like to try it sometime.
^It's actually pretty awesome. I just started this year and I love it.
Hate Golf.
used to but have stopped
I'm with Jarons on this one.
I've never actually went to a range or anything like that, nor do I know a whole lot about it.
But I'd love to try it out.

In gradeschool I had the nickname "Tiger Woods" no idea why but that's what they called me.
Golf, for me, isn't a sport. It's a release.

I used to get mad at myself for not paring every hole, thinking that I was trying out for the PGA tour. Then one day it hit me, nobody will ever pay money to watch me play golf. And from that day on, golf has become a release for me. Being outside in the sun on a beautiful day with no cell phone, no facebook, no email's.... If I hit some good shots, thats fine, and if I don't hit some good shot's, well, that's fine as well.

If I wanna play 1 or 2 holes in a day I will or 18 holes, it doesn't matter to me.

However, I don't recommend hitting the links for the first time and expect to be relaxed. Cause golf can get you pretty mad.
Has anyone ever been banned from a golf course?
Let's make this very clear: I AM HORRIBLY BAD AT GOLF! I have no idea what I am doing, I don't play regularly, and I just generally am terrible at the sport.

With that said, some of the courses I have been on is disgusting for someone of my low caliber of skills.

Atlanta Athletic Club- Hosted last year's PGA Championship. My boss is a member.
[Image: AtlantaAC18.jpg]

Kiawah Island Ocean Course- Hosted several prestigious events, absolutely breathtaking.
[Image: cpc05_18.jpg]

TPC Sugarloaf- Used to host a PGA event every year. Home course for tons of celebrities.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTUBJ8PD6tkdISwTlIqiL...RTQkYtteWw]
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Golf, for me, isn't a sport. It's a release.

I used to get mad at myself for not paring every hole, thinking that I was trying out for the PGA tour. Then one day it hit me, nobody will ever pay money to watch me play golf. And from that day on, golf has become a release for me. Being outside in the sun on a beautiful day with no cell phone, no facebook, no email's.... If I hit some good shots, thats fine, and if I don't hit some good shot's, well, that's fine as well.

If I wanna play 1 or 2 holes in a day I will or 18 holes, it doesn't matter to me.

However, I don't recommend hitting the links for the first time and expect to be relaxed. Cause golf can get you pretty mad.

I agree 100 with you. The only time I get mad is when I lose a golf ball. lol
What kind of Clubs, Balls, you all use?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Let's make this very clear: I AM HORRIBLY BAD AT GOLF! I have no idea what I am doing, I don't play regularly, and I just generally am terrible at the sport.

With that said, some of the courses I have been on is disgusting for someone of my low caliber of skills.

Atlanta Athletic Club- Hosted last year's PGA Championship. My boss is a member.
[Image: AtlantaAC18.jpg]

Kiawah Island Ocean Course- Hosted several prestigious events, absolutely breathtaking.
[Image: cpc05_18.jpg]

TPC Sugarloaf- Used to host a PGA event every year. Home course for tons of celebrities.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTUBJ8PD6tkdISwTlIqiL...RTQkYtteWw]

I've only golfed 3 different places. And Stonecrest is by far the greatest by far for me.