Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle County 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well we are 6 weeks from our scrimmage. Right around the corner. Lost some great players but have a good team coming back. Start the season with Highlands. Also have Collins and Danville and John Hardin to go with District. Dixie Heights and Whitley are also non district opponents. Tough Schedule.
64black&gold Wrote:Well we are 6 weeks from our scrimmage. Right around the corner. Lost some great players but have a good team coming back. Start the season with Highlands. Also have Collins and Danville and John Hardin to go with District. Dixie Heights and Whitley are also non district opponents. Tough Schedule.

I do not think you need to list Dixie as a tough team on your schedule. They have really struggled with some talented players the last couple of years, and they lost a lot of players. Dixie will really struggle this year! Only thing good going for them is a shake up in the coaching staff.
Knew they lost a lot. Didn't know what they had coming back.
I think Boyle will actually over achieve if thats possible lol.

They had a lot of room to improve last season and it just seemed like they were a year away from being right there, and this might be the year they get back into the mix of things.

Either way, i see a 7-3 year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think Boyle will actually over achieve if thats possible lol.

They had a lot of room to improve last season and it just seemed like they were a year away from being right there, and this might be the year they get back into the mix of things.

Where do you see the lost coming from? They have a tough schedule with Highlands, Collins, Hardin, Lex Cath, Whitley and others.
FBfan4life Wrote:Where do you see the lost coming from? They have a tough schedule with Highlands, Collins, Hardin, Lex Cath, Whitley and others.

I think they will come from Highlands, Hardin, and Lex Cath.

I see them winning the rest.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think they will come from Highlands, Hardin, and Lex Cath.

I see them winning the rest.

Agree. Perhaps I see Martha L. Collins upseting them as well. 7-3 or 6-4 IMO.
I think Highlands will beat Boyle,but i think Boyle will beat John hardin,and Collins.i see the games with Lex cath as a toss up.i think they'll finish 8 and 2 or 9 and 1 in the regular season.
^
It could very well happen.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think Boyle will actually over achieve if thats possible lol.

I think they will be better than last year but by saying that I don't think anyone here would consider 7-3 an over achievement. Losses were to Highlands, JH, and Lex Cath. Anything less than beating at least one of those teams and I will consider it underachieving. Both Lex Cath games came down to one big play.
Boyle's success against Highlands, JH, and Lex Cath will be determined by their offense. French teams will always play great defense, but last year the offense never caught up, especially against the better teams on their schedule. I can see the Rebels going 8-2 with losses to Highlands and Lex Cath. JH could also beat them, and I agree, 7-3 would probably be disappointing to the Boyle contingent.
Best of luck to the Rebels this fall!
i see boyle county going 8-2... i think there losses will be to highlands and lexington catholic.... they should beat john hardin at home cause john hardin lost alot.. i don't know much on collins. Best of luck to the rebels this season though!
I don't see them beating John Hardin. JH will have a better defense than they did last year and they will still have a lot of athletes on the offensive side. Replacing Jeremy Harness will be the one issue for them, but they will be loaded again this year.
hoss403 Wrote:I don't see them beating John Hardin. JH will have a better defense than they did last year and they will still have a lot of athletes on the offensive side. Replacing Jeremy Harness will be the one issue for them, but they will be loaded again this year.
This thread is about Boyle, but I will say the biggest issue for JH will be replacing their QB and the OL they lost. JH will always have RB to plug into the offense. Defensively they should be good, but past history says anytime they play a team with a reasonable passing game they struggle to stop it (ie: Lex Cath & BG).
Thunder Lips Wrote:This thread is about Boyle, but I will say the biggest issue for JH will be replacing their QB and the OL they lost. JH will always have RB to plug into the offense. Defensively they should be good, but past history says anytime they play a team with a reasonable passing game they struggle to stop it (ie: Lex Cath & BG).

Boyle could step out and have a good passing team this year. Whittle has a great arm, and almost the entire receiving corp is back. The O line has experience and will be much better. I really look to see a different twist the the Boyle O than we have seen in the past.
I also think you will see some ball carriers you have never seen before. Better buy a program at start of year.
64black&gold Wrote:I also think you will see some ball carriers you have never seen before. Better buy a program at start of year.

I know I will.

IMO and I have not seen or heard a lot about this years team will come down to depth. Boyle starters will be as good or better than last year. Injuries could play a big role on Boyle's record. A injury free season and I see no worse than a 8-2 season.
hoss403 Wrote:I don't see them beating John Hardin. JH will have a better defense than they did last year and they will still have a lot of athletes on the offensive side. Replacing Jeremy Harness will be the one issue for them, but they will be loaded again this year.

John Hardin lost 26 seniors to graduation.i'm sure they didn't all start,but i know alot of them did.i don't think they'll be anywhere near as good as last years team.i have ties in E-town and i know they lost a whole lot more than Boyle did.
Boyle will be tough as always!! their stadium is neat the way it is setup and all the state championship banners on the bleachers.
John will be a favorite for winning 5A this year. Although we lost 26 seniors last year to graduation, we had 24 or more juniors that will be Seniors. We had a ton of underclassmen start on the defensive side of the ball last year. 3 underclassmen were all state selections. Junior to be Matthew Elam was 1st team Dline, Senior Wade Holtsclaw was 2nd team DB, and Senior Domonic Brown was honorable mention LB. You have several of these players who will be three year starters on a team that has lost three games in three years. Follow that up with several other tough nosed players who played plenty and you got a receipe for another great year. Most of this incoming Senior class has been playing ball together since little league. However Boyle will be tuff to beat at home. We have great respect for your program and team. Good Luck this year!
Slobberknocker Wrote:John will be a favorite for winning 5A this year.

John will have a glowing regular season record winning 9 or 10 regular season games as they always do. They will win their region because it is extremely weak. They have been humiliated in the state semi finals 2 years in a row after being 13-0. I don't know what Christian, Bg, or Warren Central have, but I'd take any 3 of them over JH to get to the state championship game.

If Boyle can produce a reasonable passing game, they will beat John Hardin.
Just wanted to say hi too all the rebel faithful coming up too the fort this year. I do hope our people are as nice as the ones i chated with last year were. And also wanted to let anyone know there is Handicap parking on both sides of memorial parkway next too the school. There are side streets but it all goes fast. And for what ever reason they don't open the gate til one hour before kickoff. So 6:30 for a 7:30 game time (for example). Save trip and Smile good luck After week one of course.
Saw them play rock last year at rock, is Boyle going to be better this year than last. Rock should have won IMO.
West 80 Wrote:Saw them play rock last year at rock, is Boyle going to be better this year than last. Rock should have won IMO.

So Rock should have won a 23-0 game where Boyle outgained them 264-164? :yawn:
West 80 Wrote:Saw them play rock last year at rock, is Boyle going to be better this year than last. Rock should have won IMO.

Thats Funny:lmao:
Hatz Wrote:So Rock should have won a 23-0 game where Boyle outgained them 264-164? :yawn:

It was way closer than that and I am going on that rock lost their best back a few games before you played

West 80 Wrote:It was way closer than that and I am going on that rock lost their best back a few games before you played

One player is not going to beat Boyle and turn around a 23-0 outcome.
I don't know if they would have won with the Rowe kid, but I do believe it would have been a lot closer
West 80 Wrote:It was way closer than that and I am going on that rock lost their best back a few games before you played

A lot of "ifs" in that hypothesis. :Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2