Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ryan Timmons Gets College Offers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ryan is a great athlete, with ankle breaking speed. Some say watching him play makes Randal Cobb look dull. He currently has offers from Arkansas, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Purdue, and Western Kentucky. Good Luck to him in his senior sseason at Franklin County.
ryan's a great young man and a heck of an athlete. there will be more offers to come once the season gets going.

if the flyers can figure out their defensive issues, they should make a run at state
Defensively the Flyer should look a lot different this year, they have brought in another defensive line coach, along with Nick Sheriton to help. I have seen some of their practices and the line looks a lot better. I do not think you will see some hole fillers this year. The new Defensive line coach has been there before, it is Coach Dennis Ledford. With his ability and Coach Nick Sheridan I think you will see a whole different defense this year.
Ledford will make the defense better.
He is AWESOME
ledford is a good coach, FC has all the pieces to win state, it's just a matter of executing now.
toussaints Wrote:ledford is a good coach, FC has all the pieces to win state, it's just a matter of executing now.

Gotta beat BG or JH. Pick your poison.
FC should have been in the finals last season. Also should be in the finals this season. I attend several of their games last season. The defense never was very good.

Good news is Ledford is back and will fix the defense. I look for a very good defense to be molded this season. With that High scoring offense we SHOULD see the Flyers in Bowling Green.
I just a hard time seeing a team that has never even played for a
region title, playing for the state title. Time will tell I suppose.
We will have to see what happens, there are a lot of good teams this year, Coaching is a big part of every team, but you also have to have the players, and the bench to go far in this state. I would like to see Franklin County go far, but it is a long season. Franklin County under Coach Tracy and company have really turned this program around and it seems to be getting better every year. Good luck to everyone! I am ready for this season to begin!!!
The parts are there but getting there is another story, the kids gotta buy in, what about leadership? I know ledford is working with existing staff on defense, how much does he do with it?? Will the coaches do what is right to make it work? a lot of if and or buts, but still this team is guaranteed to make some noise in 5a.
Thunder Lips Wrote:I just a hard time seeing a team that has never even played for a
region title, playing for the state title. Time will tell I suppose.
This argument is constantly being thrown around on BGR so let's look at the facts. Since 1999 a team from the flyers region has been state champion 7 times, runner-up 2 times (9 out of 13 years). Six of those years they have been knocked out by Boyle, Highlands, or Lex. Cath. Only four other schools in 5A this year have ever won a state championship since 1959; Bowling Green (twice) 1995 & 2012, Shelby Co. 1987 (before Collins), Conner 1983, and Christian Co. 1982. Outside of Bowling Green this thing is wide open.
Good luck to the flyers, Coach Ledford is a fine coach I wish he would have got to do more at Mercer while there or been back for another year or even the head guy, but he will be a good addition, my son and I thought a lot of him.
whitepantherking Wrote:This argument is constantly being thrown around on BGR so let's look at the facts. Since 1999 a team from the flyers region has been state champion 7 times, runner-up 2 times (9 out of 13 years). Six of those years they have been knocked out by Boyle, Highlands, or Lex. Cath. Only four other schools in 5A this year have ever won a state championship since 1959; Bowling Green (twice) 1995 & 2012, Shelby Co. 1987 (before Collins), Conner 1983, and Christian Co. 1982. Outside of Bowling Green this thing is wide open.

3 times during those 13 years the Flyers didn't even make the playoffs.

4 of those 13 years they exited on the road @highlands. 3 times in the first round as a 4 seed. They have only been put out of the playoffs by Lex Cath and Boyle one time each both on the road in the 2nd rd of the playoffs.

4 of those 13 years they have lost at home as the higher seed, including the past 2 years against teams named Connor & East Jessamine.

Franklin Co has 2 players with legit D1 offers at QB and WR/RB and that is more than any of the other teams on their schedule combined. Talent isn't the problem.....history is. I hope they make it so this yearly talk can be put to bed.
Thunder Lips Wrote:3 times during those 13 years the Flyers didn't even make the playoffs.

4 of those 13 years they exited on the road @highlands. 3 times in the first round as a 4 seed. They have only been put out of the playoffs by Lex Cath and Boyle one time each both on the road in the 2nd rd of the playoffs.

4 of those 13 years they have lost at home as the higher seed, including the past 2 years against teams named Connor & East Jessamine.

Franklin Co has 2 players with legit D1 offers at QB and WR/RB and that is more than any of the other teams on their schedule combined. Talent isn't the problem.....history is. I hope they make it so this yearly talk can be put to bed.
You miss the point lips. The point is, if your name isn't Boyle, Lex. Cath., Cov. Cath., or Highlands you shouldn't point out anything. None of those schools live in 5A anymore. By the way my name isn't whiteflyerking, I root for a different Frankfort team. Everyone will concede that my team has a abundance of speed, and we have no one even close to Ryan. P.S. your team doesn't either.
Look forward to hosting the flyers at Harlan County this year in the semis. I just hope we can hold our end of the deal up and make it, because I think the Flyers will.
Franklin County has had some great teams that came up short along with some that have had some bad luck, add in a few that over acheived through those years. Usually the team that puts them out ends up in the finals more years than not. but hey I will also agree they deserve all the negative talk they can get for the egg they layed against conner last year. Hopefully the kids and coaches have a taste in their mouth that makes them work and get better.
whitepantherking Wrote:You miss the point lips. The point is, if your name isn't Boyle, Lex. Cath., Cov. Cath., or Highlands you shouldn't point out anything. None of those schools live in 5A anymore. By the way my name isn't whiteflyerking, I root for a different Frankfort team. Everyone will concede that my team has a abundance of speed, and we have no one even close to Ryan. P.S. your team doesn't either.

What if my name is Conner or East Jessamine? If my name is one of those teams can I point some things out?

Speed is relevant to who you are playing. There are 3-4 teams on the west side of the bracket that have players with speed like "Ryan". I agree that there probably isn't any teams on the East side of the bracket that does. In saying that, Conner had no problems with all that speed last year....and I suspect there will be other teams in the east prepared for all that speed the flyers supposedly possess.
We have gotten off topic, this is about Mr. Timmons. Now if 3 or 4 teams on the west side of the bracket have his type of speed they would have ran track to show it off. Isn't Mr. Timmons the two time defending champ in the 100? But wait I will help you out Mr. Lips there does exist a kid with his speed. His name is Landon Husrt. Played in the middle school Kentucky/Tennessee allstar game. He is on the flyers roster as well.
Wow, didn't relize this would get to be a debate over Franklin County football, I just thought this would be more of a celabration about a very good player and athlete getting reconized and getting offers for college. This kid has worked hard to get where he is at and we should all be talking about that, instead of speculating on what Franklin County will do or has done. Couldn't we start another thread about Franklin County football and discuss all of this there and let Mr. Timmons enjoy his spotlight for now, but chances are good that he hasn't even seen this because that is not the type of player he is.
Fan in Frankfort Wrote:Defensively the Flyer should look a lot different this year, they have brought in another defensive line coach, along with Nick Sheriton to help. I have seen some of their practices and the line looks a lot better. I do not think you will see some hole fillers this year. The new Defensive line coach has been there before, it is Coach Dennis Ledford. With his ability and Coach Nick Sheridan I think you will see a whole different defense this year.

Block Down Kick Out Wrote:Ledford will make the defense better.

toussaints Wrote:ledford is a good coach, FC has all the pieces to win state, it's just a matter of executing now.

Block Down Kick Out Wrote:FC should have been in the finals last season. Also should be in the finals this season. I attend several of their games last season. The defense never was very good.

Good news is Ledford is back and will fix the defense. I look for a very good defense to be molded this season. With that High scoring offense we SHOULD see the Flyers in Bowling Green.

Fan in Frankfort Wrote:We will have to see what happens, there are a lot of good teams this year, Coaching is a big part of every team, but you also have to have the players, and the bench to go far in this state. I would like to see Franklin County go far, but it is a long season. Franklin County under Coach Tracy and company have really turned this program around and it seems to be getting better every year. Good luck to everyone! I am ready for this season to begin!!!

whats-it-2u Wrote:The parts are there but getting there is another story, the kids gotta buy in, what about leadership? I know ledford is working with existing staff on defense, how much does he do with it?? Will the coaches do what is right to make it work? a lot of if and or buts, but still this team is guaranteed to make some noise in 5a.

whitepantherking Wrote:This argument is constantly being thrown around on BGR so let's look at the facts. Since 1999 a team from the flyers region has been state champion 7 times, runner-up 2 times (9 out of 13 years). Six of those years they have been knocked out by Boyle, Highlands, or Lex. Cath. Only four other schools in 5A this year have ever won a state championship since 1959; Bowling Green (twice) 1995 & 2012, Shelby Co. 1987 (before Collins), Conner 1983, and Christian Co. 1982. Outside of Bowling Green this thing is wide open.

bigtitandaddy Wrote:Good luck to the flyers, Coach Ledford is a fine coach I wish he would have got to do more at Mercer while there or been back for another year or even the head guy, but he will be a good addition, my son and I thought a lot of him.

whistle-blower Wrote:Franklin County has had some great teams that came up short along with some that have had some bad luck, add in a few that over acheived through those years. Usually the team that puts them out ends up in the finals more years than not. but hey I will also agree they deserve all the negative talk they can get for the egg they layed against conner last year. Hopefully the kids and coaches have a taste in their mouth that makes them work and get better.

Fan in Frankfort Wrote:Wow, didn't relize this would get to be a debate over Franklin County football, I just thought this would be more of a celabration about a very good player and athlete getting reconized and getting offers for college. This kid has worked hard to get where he is at and we should all be talking about that, instead of speculating on what Franklin County will do or has done. Couldn't we start another thread about Franklin County football and discuss all of this there and let Mr. Timmons enjoy his spotlight for now, but chances are good that he hasn't even seen this because that is not the type of player he is.
As you can see, most of the replies in this thread became about Franklin Co football. Sorry.

No question that Timmons is a super player.
Congrats to Timmons. Best of luck this year.