Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mountain top 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I know it's early but it's always fun to see what everyone thinks.
Who you got?
My very early Top 10:

1. Belfry
2. Bell County
3. Harlan County
4. Breathitt County
5. Hazard
6. Somerset
7. Whitley County
8. Johnson Central
9. Perry Central
10. Rockcastle County
1. Belfry
2. Bell Co.
3. Harlan Co.
4. Breathitt Co.
5. Somerset
6. Hazard
7. Rockcastle Co.
8. Johnson Central
9. Prestonsburg
10. Perry Central
1. Bell County
2. Belfry
3. Harlan County
4. Breathitt County
5. Somerset
6. Breathitt County
7. Whitley County
8. Knox Central
9. Prestonsburg
10a. Hazard
10b. Rockcastle County
1. Bell Co.
2. Harlan Co.
3. Belfry
4. Breathit Co.
5. Somerset
6. Johnson Central
7. Knox Central
8. Perry co. central
9. Rockcastle co
10. Hazard
IMHO a list without Whitley County mid pack is a bad list....Just saying
1. Bell Co.
2. Belfry
3. Harlan Co.
4. Breathit Co.
5. Somerset
6. Knox Central
7. Perry Co. Central
8. Johnson Central
9. Hazard
10. Whitley
1. Belfry
2. Bell County
3. Harlan County
4. Breathitt County
5. Hazard
6. Somerset
7. Whitley County
8. Perry Central
9. Johnson Central
10. Rockcastle County
1. Belfry
2. Bell County
3. Harlan County
4. Whitley County
5. Breathitt County
6. Somerset
7. Hazard
8. Johnson Central
9. Rockcastle County
10.Williamsburg
Bear_Paw Wrote:IMHO a list without Whitley County mid pack is a bad list....Just saying

I hope your right Bearpaw.
Nothing would surprise me anymore. 2-8 or 8-2, it all depends on how well we mature over the summer.

To be honest, Whitleys record might not always be a tale tale sign of how good they are this year which may allow us to bite someone in the playoffs.
With a really good Russell County and Rockcastle team starting out at home, followed by road games at Bell, Somerset, and Harlan County, along with a home game at Boyle, our schedule could wind up anywhere.
As long as no big injuries happen, i think we can stay very competetive throughout the year.

It could be a long year or a very good year. But IMO anything less than a 7-3 year will be a disspointment to these kids. Theyve been hanging around the past couple of years waiting for a good year and this might be it, but as i said, with the toughest schedule in the mountains, many things could happen to derail that.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:1. Bell County
2. Belfry
3. Harlan County
4. Breathitt County
5. Somerset
6. Breathitt County
7. Whitley County
8. Knox Central
9. Prestonsburg
10a. Hazard
10b. Rockcastle County

You have Breathitt listed at 4 & 6
My opinion, they have to prove they have improved that much. All the other teams on the list have been perennials to the list and Whitley has just fallen off these past few years. I say let they have earn the spot. Yes I know it is pre-season, but has to be based from last year. They were not good last year. They are in a tough district and have a tough out-of-district schedule. It just doesn't seem like they are top ten yet. Not saying they can't get there but not they show something.
I think any list with P-burg and Perry central are a little off... They just lost alot and have a lot of questions to answer.

No knock against either of those teams. I also think Harlan IND and Leslie Co. could be at the end of the list.
I Rule The World Wrote:I think any list with P-burg and Perry central are a little off... They just lost alot and have a lot of questions to answer.

No knock against either of those teams. I also think Harlan IND and Leslie Co. could be at the end of the list.

I understand your thinking, but hopefully after our 1st 4 games alot of those questions will be answered for you. We did lose a lot from last years team & some key players. We also had key injuries all year & some of those guys are returning this year and i look for big things from them.

I'm not insulting Crisp at all when i make this next statement. He was a good pocket passer, but had no mobility. When the pocket collapsed so did he. From what i'm hearing Jarrell will be under center this year & gives us a lot more options as he is very athletic & can pull it down & make plays if & when the pocket collapses.

We will have one of the best athletes in the mountains in Bryson Williams returning. A name many of you have not heard, but i guarantee (barring any injuries) you will hear a lot of this year is Grant Anderson. I'm hearing in pre-season also that Adam Griffith has been a beast at TE. He also has a twin brother who will make some noise on D. I also look for big contributions from Grigsby, Holbrook, Kidd, Mullins, Newsome, Perry, Spears, Van Dyne, Holiday, and for some other under classmen to step up & contribute.

I love these boys & this team my expectations may be higher than most, but i will be there supporting them all the way.
Strikeout King Wrote:You have Breathitt listed at 4 & 6

Varsity #4
JV #6
Breathitt Middle School just missed the Mt Top 10 coming in at 12th...:biggrin:
Jumper Dad Wrote:Varsity #4
JV #6
Breathitt Middle School just missed the Mt Top 10 coming in at 12th...:biggrin:

:lmao:
I dont see you putting Leslie, they lost more than pburg. If jarrell from pburg can grow quickly at qb they will be just as good. Is the Anderson kid playing? I dont think he was at Breathitt county.
1 Bell Co- # 1 until a Mnt team beats them
2 Belfry- return quite a bit from last year state runner up
3 Harlan Co- return some, got a few holes to fill but Larkey as coach helps....
4 Hazard- Return numerous playmakers and a several on defense, line play determines success
5 Somerset- Returns talent and a few transfer will help out
6 Whitley Co - returns everyone basically so there are up here
7 Breathitt- Got talent but who can help Richard Trent out?
8 Corbin- Young last year and returning experience
9 Perry Central- A lot of reshaping of the offense and big hole to fill on Defense
10 Johnson Central- Been good awhile, lets see how life after JJ Jude goes...
1. Belfry
2. Somerset
3. Bell,Co
4. Johnson,Cent
5. Harlan,Cent
6. Knox Co
7. Whitley,Co
8. Prestonsburg
9. Breathitt,Co
10. South Laurel
Anyone who lists the top 10 teams in the mountains without Hazard on the list just simply don't know anything about football teams. Hazard, the State Champions in Class A, who easily defeated Mayfield, and not on the list is just simply ignorance.... For them to be listed lower than 5 is not reality....To thine own self, be true....
sheriff Wrote:I dont see you putting Leslie, they lost more than pburg. If jarrell from pburg can grow quickly at qb they will be just as good. Is the Anderson kid playing? I dont think he was at Breathitt county.

Yes.
its Harlan County not Central ball boy..
wiseguy85 Wrote:My opinion, they have to prove they have improved that much. All the other teams on the list have been perennials to the list and Whitley has just fallen off these past few years. I say let they have earn the spot. Yes I know it is pre-season, but has to be based from last year. They were not good last year. They are in a tough district and have a tough out-of-district schedule. It just doesn't seem like they are top ten yet. Not saying they can't get there but not they show something.

Thats a reasonable assessment.
I cant aruge the fact that weve been down the past couple of years, and we need to earn are way back into the top 10. And as i said, with a schedule like ours, its hard to see us having a great season record wise, and as we all know, outlets like WYMT go mostly off of records instead of looking at teams and how they would do against one another.
1. Bell County
2. Belfry
3. Breathitt County
4. Harlan County
5. Hazard
6. Somerset
7. Whitley County
8. Johnson Central
9. Perry County Central
10. Rockcastle County

Teams just missing the top ten:
Prestonsburg
Knox Central
Cat Daddy Wrote:1. Bell County
2. Belfry
3. Breathitt County
4. Harlan County
5. Hazard
6. Somerset
7. Whitley County
8. Johnson Central
9. Perry County Central
10. Rockcastle County

Teams just missing the top ten:
Prestonsburg
Knox Central

Somerset playes 5 of these Schools this year. Should be a great Season for Jumper Fans.
1 Bell Co. 2 Breathitt Co. 3 Belfry 4 Somerset 5 Harlan Co. 6 Hazard 7 Whitley Co. 8 Johnson Central 9 Rockcastle Co. 10 Perry Central
IMHO, Lethcer has a chance at being better then Perry.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:1. Bell County
2. Belfry
3. Harlan County
4. Breathitt County
5. Somerset
6. Breathitt County
7. Whitley County
8. Knox Central
9. Prestonsburg
10a. Hazard
10b. Rockcastle County

My bad folks, made a switch and forgot to change one of my Breathitt's...Anywho...

1. Bell Co.
2. Belfry
3. Harlan Co.
4. Breathitt Co.
5. Somerset
6. Whitley County
7. Johnson Central
8. Knox Central
9. Prestonsburg
10. Hazard
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:IMHO, Lethcer has a chance at being better then Perry.

I agree.
I don't see Perry being in the top 10. They lost just about everything to graduation.
HDE Wrote:I agree.
I don't see Perry being in the top 10. They lost just about everything to graduation.

We did lose a lot, but don't count our guys out, we have several talented kids returning (Pray, K.Robinson,Beatty). PCC/LCC will be a good game this year IMO.
Pages: 1 2 3 4