Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Lafayette and Lex Catholic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a bit of a homie cause I live in between these two programs for the past 20 yearsConfusedinglepar. Other than myself, any thoughts or feedback on the upcoming season for Lafayette and Lexington Catholic?
One is up and one is down....
mason Wrote:One is up and one is down....

LOL:lmao: I assumed that you are talking about Lafayette? How can you say that though? Unless you know something I don't. They have gone deep in the 3rd round of their playoffs for the past 2 season. They do lose a good RB Johnson, but from what I have seen from the past seasons, they have an OK upper classmen. Well in that case, I won't waste my money attending their games and will just walk down to Lex Cath and watch them. Nah, I'm a homie and will still catch a few games.
FBfan4life Wrote:LOL:lmao: I assumed that you are talking about Lafayette? How can you say that though? Unless you know something I don't. They have gone deep in the 3rd round of their playoffs for the past 2 season. They do lose a good RB Johnson, but from what I have seen from the past seasons, they have an OK upper classmen. Well in that case, I won't waste my money attending their games and will just walk down to Lex Cath and watch them. Nah, I'm a homie and will still catch a few games.

I'm not sure that's a huge honor. IMO the 6A class is one of the more watered down classes. Lafayette has had good playoff runs but they also lost to smaller teams (i.e. Bell, Boyle) consistently who were just better. I think Lex Cath will be the real deal this year with all they have returning and will very likely win their district. :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:I'm not sure that's a huge honor. IMO the 6A class is one of the more watered down classes. Lafayette has had good playoff runs but they also lost to smaller teams (i.e. Bell, Boyle) consistently who were just better. I think Lex Cath will be the real deal this year with all they have returning and will very likely win their district. :Thumbs:

Hatz there are only a few teams in the state that can beat these 2 smaller schools you speak of.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Hatz there are only a few teams in the state that can beat these 2 smaller schools you speak of.

Beat, perhaps. But 40-0??? A Good 6A team would at least compete. :popcorn:
Hatz Wrote:Beat, perhaps. But 40-0??? A Good 6A team would at least compete. :popcorn:

If you are speaking of last years game with Lafayette & Bell the score was 32-26 Bell. I thought Lafayette played a heck of a game.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:If you are speaking of last years game with Lafayette & Bell the score was 32-26 Bell. I thought Lafayette played a heck of a game.

I was actually speaking of the last time they played Boyle in 2010 and it was 40-0. 48-6 the year before. It was 14-7 in 2008 so I guess some credit should be given there.

I'm sorry, I just haven't seen much worth shouting about when it comes to any Lexington school that isn't Lex Cath or LCA in the smaller classes. :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:I'm not sure that's a huge honor. IMO the 6A class is one of the more watered down classes. Lafayette has had good playoff runs but they also lost to smaller teams (i.e. Bell, Boyle) consistently who were just better. I think Lex Cath will be the real deal this year with all they have returning and will very likely win their district. :Thumbs:

Not so fast my friend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rockon:

You just ticked off your Godson !!!!
64black&gold Wrote:You just ticked off your Godson !!!!

Like I said in my text. In pre-season, this is the logical pick. Add to that it is best that the pressure be on them rather than the Rebels right now. :Thumbs:
64black&gold Wrote:Not so fast my friend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rockon:

Wait a second here black&gold. Were you not the one that mentioned that Boyle Co. were not in the top list on a previous post? So what's it going to be? Are they contenders like I said or down like you mentioned?
FBfan4life Wrote:Wait a second here black&gold. Were you not the one that mentioned that Boyle Co. were not in the top list on a previous post? So what's it going to be? Are they contenders like I said or down like you mentioned?

I'm certain 64 Black and Gold feels the Rebels are contenders. And they are if they mature and perform as the season progresses. I think he was gigging me for being a terrible Godfather.

For the record, I will always be for the Rebels till the day I die. I just spoke with head and not heart earlier.
FBfan4life Wrote:Wait a second here black&gold. Were you not the one that mentioned that Boyle Co. were not in the top list on a previous post? So what's it going to be? Are they contenders like I said or down like you mentioned?

You misunderstood me FBfan, I was questioning the absence of Boyle from your list. Yes I do believe they are contenders.
64black&gold Wrote:You misunderstood me FBfan, I was questioning the absence of Boyle from your list. Yes I do believe they are contenders.

HUH?? Bro check out my post on the subject " BEST TEAM ENTERIN THIS UPCOMING SEASON " page # 2. My post states that Russell Co. has to pass by Boyle Co., Lex Cath, Martha Collins, Cov Cath, mighty Highlands and someone ask me for my top list and I stated just add Lone Oak to that list. So where in any of my statements that I left out Boyle Co.????? Short memory there partner?
FBfan4life Wrote:HUH?? Bro check out my post on the subject " BEST TEAM ENTERIN THIS UPCOMING SEASON " page # 2. My post states that Russell Co. has to pass by Boyle Co., Lex Cath, Martha Collins, Cov Cath, mighty Highlands and someone ask me for my top list and I stated just add Lone Oak to that list. So where in any of my statements that I left out Boyle Co.????? Short memory there partner?

Probably honest mistake.

Might want to back off of the caffeine FBfan. :Thumbs:
Got your post mixed up with a couple of those lists. My bad.