Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ramon Sessions opts out to test Free Agency
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good luck.
He was a backup in Cleveland and got was the hands down starter in LA.
I don't see anyone paying him any more than what he's making to start - except maybe the Bobcats lol
^ start move by Seasions.. Kobe is a "mean" teammate and will only get meaner with old age! Lol
Sessions never seemed like a good fit in the first place.
ekff Wrote:^ start move by Seasions.. Kobe is a "mean" teammate and will only get meaner with old age! Lol

I'm sure Kobe was the main reason he left...
Stardust Wrote:Sessions never seemed like a good fit in the first place.

He started off doing really well but when it came playoff time he was hit or miss (heavy on the miss).

I honestly don't see what his motives are...
unless he thinks he could get signed by Miami.
^ Sessions would start for Miami.. Sessions > Mario

Would like to see Sessions sign with Spurs. SA don't have a back up PG. Love to see them get him and release Neal.

But SAS or Miami can't give him the money he wants.

I don't see a GREAT PG in this draft class so maybe someone looking for a PG will pay Sessions.
I am a big Sessions fan, but he just did not work in L.A.

I am not sure anyone will until Brown is shown the door.
ekff Wrote:^ Sessions would start for Miami.. Sessions > Mario

Would like to see Sessions sign with Spurs. SA don't have a back up PG. Love to see them get him and release Neal.

But SAS or Miami can't give him the money he wants.

I don't see a GREAT PG in this draft class so maybe someone looking for a PG will pay Sessions.

I can't speak for Sessions personally lol...
but I can speculate a bit.

For him to be in a better spot he would need a lot of things...
#1 - I doubt he would leave LA to come off of the bench.
#2 - His option was for just a year so he may want something long-term.
#3 - He was on the hook for right under 5 Million and I honestly don't see him getting much more than that.
#4 - I don't see him going back to a bottom-feeder after his stint with the Cavs.

The only teams that I could see offering all or most of that are Miami and the Lakers.
I could see him even taking a pay cut to go to Miami. He would be an instant upgrade and they have a shot to go to the finals every year. Possibly even a sign-and-trade could happen. Lakers sign Sessions and trade him to Miami for Chalmers and cash considerations. Maybe even a possibility of moving Gasol for Bosh to go along with it. The last part is just a thought lol
From what i have seen he wants to stay in LA and has made that clear to everyone. What he is looking for is a long term contract which as of now the Lakers are not offering. If the Lakers can not work out something for a PG in free agency or via a trade i think they will be forced to ink a long term deal.
We will have to wait & see what player movements are made in the off season to know what the Lakers options are.