Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Heat 100 - Thunder 96 (Finals Game 2)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Series tied 1-1

Very good game. Way both teams are playing this could go to 7.

Bank Shot by James with around 1:30 left was huge

Good Game by LBJ, even tho he got away with a foul on Durant's shot with 7 seconds to go, still played a good game
So zaga. What angle was the ref missing on that last shot by Durant. When Lebron fouled him 2 times. But hey we know how the call would have any if it was the other way around.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:So zaga. What angle was the ref missing on that last shot by Durant. When Lebron fouled him 2 times. But hey we know how the call would have any if it was the other way around.

Didn't see the angle the ref had...
I was switching between the game and the Dream Team documentary lol

But anyone with any knowledge of the game knows why he didn't get the foul call - and it has NOTHING to do with the fact that Lebron James is the one that reached.
It has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that he faded away like a wuss.
If he takes that contact and goes directly at LBJ he goes to the line and maybe has a shot at a 3-pt play.

You idiots are always crying "Let the players decide the game and not the refs" and "under a minute to go you swallow your whistle".
You got what you've been asking for.
zaga_fan Wrote:Didn't see the angle the ref had...
I was switching between the game and the Dream Team documentary lol

But anyone with any knowledge of the game knows why he didn't get the foul call - and it has NOTHING to do with the fact that Lebron James is the one that reached.
It has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that he faded away like a wuss.
If he takes that contact and goes directly at LBJ he goes to the line and maybe has a shot at a 3-pt play.

You idiots are always crying "Let the players decide the game and not the refs" and "under a minute to go you swallow your whistle".
You got what you've been asking for.

He held him? how was that not a foul with the ref standing right there?
Strikeout King Wrote:He held him? how was that not a foul with the ref standing right there?

I'm not saying that it wasn't enough contact to merit a foul in most scenarios...
I'm saying that fading away is typically a motion that is used to AVOID contact.

He got hit - not doubt about it - but when he faded away he jeopardized his chances of getting a call.
some garbage calls tonight. Still not the refs fault they didnt put OKC down by 17. Regardless, makes the series more fun. tied up going to miami.
now that maybe true but there was several calls that were called that shouldn't have been and no calls that should have been called. Wade slipping and falling down because the floor was wet and Fisher accidentally tripping over him, Fisher get's called for the foul? Really?
Even still if we blame the refs SD is gonna have a field day lol
Let him bring it, I can take it, I dished it out......Big Grin either way I'm gonna have an awesome day today (Friday)
I seen alot of fouls that weren't called both ways, I say enjoy the extra game it has brought up!

I'm a Lebron fan, I want to see him finally get his, BUT! It will not be easy.

Well, it is when OKC let's Miami get up 18-2 to start the game....

Zaga just said idiots! What a jerk!! I'd fight him!
If I saw the stat correctly SK, the King was 12-12 shooting FT's, making the last two under pressure - you know, that stat that you said would lose the Heat big games Wink

With 1:32, the Great One drove on Sefalosha, Ibaka stepped up to double team! Very difficult shot, but it fell! Wink

Nope, Ref's did not cost either team in this game! Give me the And 1 that Bosh should have got when he was stripped of his clothing in the 3rd quarter, then the shot by Durant still would have meant nothing!

This game was the story of two halves. Home teams always make big runs in the 2nd half, and the Thunder did that in the first two games. When legs are tired, the crowd gives the home team new legs down the stretch, and that is what happened last night. All throughout the playoffs, the Thunder have spent the first half "feeling out" the other team, and then use their younger legs to make huge pushes in the 2nd half! They could get away with that against the older teams that they played in the first 3 rounds, and even in the first two games of this series! They Heat just didn't have the legs in game one to hold off the Thunder. In game two, they did! This series hinges on the Thunder not playing from behind! To let the heat get off to an 18-2 start last night was mind boggling!

As for the Heat, I'm just at a loss as to why Spoelstra has sat Anthony in both games! Anthony is the ONLY interior defender that can stop the drive on the Heat roster. They are going to have to play him! He's a liability on offense, but you have got to make those defensive stops in the paint!

Shane Battier was the difference last night!
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm not saying that it wasn't enough contact to merit a foul in most scenarios...
I'm saying that fading away is typically a motion that is used to AVOID contact.

He got hit - not doubt about it - but when he faded away he jeopardized his chances of getting a call.

I feel sorry for the kids in the games you ref.
People want to say that clearly KD's last shot was a foul... Well KD shouldn't have been in the game should have fouled out with 3 minutes left. Clearly!!! Battier took a charger on KD and should have been his 6th.............
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I feel sorry for the kids in the games you ref.

I feel sorry for the people that have to actually hear your mouth.
I'm lucky I only have to read what you type.

Do you literally cry when your team doesn't win and there are questionable calls?

I told you that there was enough contact to call a foul but KD screwed himself by fading away.
If you don't understand that logic then everyone should respectfully decline to debate with you on here...
because you obviously aren't capable of a legitimate conversation.
ekff Wrote:People want to say that clearly KD's last shot was a foul... Well KD shouldn't have been in the game should have fouled out with 3 minutes left. Clearly!!! Battier took a charger on KD and should have been his 6th.............

Blasphemy!
Kevin Durant can do no wrong!
zaga_fan Wrote:I feel sorry for the people that have to actually hear your mouth.

Do you literally cry when your team doesn't win and there are questionable calls?

I told you that there was enough contact to call a foul but KD screwed himself by fading away.
If you don't understand that logic then everyone should respectfully decline to debate with you on here...

Yes he does :thatsfunn
ekff Wrote:People want to say that clearly KD's last shot was a foul... Well KD shouldn't have been in the game should have fouled out with 3 minutes left. Clearly!!! Battier took a charger on KD and should have been his 6th.............

Excellent point. It was clearly more of a foul than the Durant shot!
^ No way any ref in the league is going to foul out Durant on a charge.

Contrary to popular belief; KD gets plenty of love from the refs.
Stardust Wrote:Excellent point. It was clearly more of a foul than the Durant shot!

I didnt think it was a charge because dont you have to give the player room to come down? Battier came over after Durant was already in the air and shot the ball, you cant call that a charge. If you want to maybe have a no-call there I can live with that but you cant give a foul to KD like that.
^ Shocking enough, Skip Bayless acknowledged that the no call on LBJ was a make up for the blown 6th foul on Durant

There are other calls that pepole can point to, Battier getting hit on the 3-pointer from straight away that wasn't called...
None of them were make-up calls.
They were all just questionable calls.

We can point at different ones all day long but the fact remains that this series is tied and we're going to Miami for 3 games. Let's see if we make it back to OKC
Everyone loves skip bayless, don't they Zag?..........Confusednicker:
Skip is no better than Jim Rome.
He isn't an analyst, journalist or even a legit member of the media in my opinion.

They sit and think about what they can say to get trending on twitter or get some hits on youtube and when someone calls them out on it they get offended.

Although I don't condone David Sterns comment to Jim Rome the other day...
when we said Rome wasn't interested in asking real questions and he was simply looking for a cheap thrill - It was one of the most honest things I've ever seen.
I can't stand Jim Rome. I like LeBron better than him
The charge on Durant wasn't called because he wasn't moving towards the goal as much as jumping to his left. Battier dropped, like he does anytime someone breathes on him. Dude's an X-Factor though. The LBJ call, I do agree is a missed call but most people wouldn't want the game to rest on the refs call if he did call it.
Belfry0304 Wrote:The charge on Durant wasn't called because he wasn't moving towards the goal as much as jumping to his left. Battier dropped, like he does anytime someone breathes on him. Dude's an X-Factor though. The LBJ call, I do agree is a missed call but most people wouldn't want the game to rest on the refs call if he did call it.

If they make the call...
everyone would be screaming that you're supposed to eat your whistle.

No way to please everyone
zaga_fan Wrote:I feel sorry for the people that have to actually hear your mouth.

:Thumbs:

I was almost offended until i remembered it was you talking.
Smith, Bayless, Rome, etc.....there all jokes.

ESPN needs to seriously get some actual reporters and anchors in there.

Its almost a media joke to watch ESPN now with the Rachel Nichols and people they put on tv that know absoloutly know nothing of the game.
^ lol.. Yeah they should hire some ppl from BGR...

They make millions of dollars to do what they do but some how the ppl on a FREE website know more than them...
You know ekff, I was actually thinking of that earlier but didn't say anything. They should hire Stardust, Zaga, Ekff, LWC, maybe one or two more
Pages: 1 2