Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What's Perry going to look like next year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know they lost Paige and Combs but I don't know who else. Are they going to be any good and will they get another transfer like Paige?
Boyd County played them today at Marshall. The third game in team camp. Boyd 45 Perry Central 54 . Perry has two good bigs and good guard play . Perry did not seem to deep. I think they will do good next year in there region.
They're gonna be fine.
Best PG in the mountains in the lineup and some decent bigs - but like ozzy said they have no depth.
Good news for Perry is that i dont know of any team in Eastern KY that has any real depth. Some teams have a good 6th man or even 7 deep maybe. Unless i'm forgetting about a team i dont know anyone who has any real depth in the 14th or 15th Region.
Why does it seem like Perry Central is the only school ever talked about in these forums???
zaga_fan Wrote:They're gonna be fine.
Best PG in the mountains in the lineup and some decent bigs - but like ozzy said they have no depth.

Who's that?
The best is who wins. The kid from Knott looks like the best point in the region to me.
Perry Central will be a top 3-4 team coming into the season (without adding any transfers).

Players Lost
G/F - Jaysean Paige - Best player in the 14th region and maybe the best senior in the state.
G - Travor Combs - Great role player, done a little bit of everything.
G/F - Kyle Huff - One of the top defenders in the 14th region last season.

Returning Players
PG - Braxton Beverly (Fr.) - Best point guard in the 14th region (Justice is a 2Guard that has to play point).
C - Dalton Cornett (Sr.) - 6'6". Good player, not really a true post player but can be when puts his mind to it.
G/F - Austin Pray (Sr.) - Played limited minutes last season. Good size and very athletic. Will more than likely step into a starting role.

Some players that I think could see minutes
G - Austin Neace (Sp.)
G - Nathan Pray (Sp.)
F - Josh Garry (Sp.)
All pretty good young players. But Perry could have more players to add to their rotation, big school with several feeder schools.

"What's Perry going to look like next year?"

- Good team
- Led by Freshman standout guard Braxton Beverly
- Well coached
- Tough Defensive team
- I believe we could see Perry Central playing more players this upcoming season maybe 8 deep, more than normal for a Coach Hatcher team.

If I had to do a pre-season ranking RIGHT NOW:
1 - Breathitt County
2 - Knott County
3 - Hazard
4 - Perry Central

14th Region will be a 4 team race this upcoming season.
Oh yeah, Braxton, had forgotten his name. He's a baller. But I'd have to watch him play some more compared to Cam Justice to annoint him the best PG in the 14th. Two different styles really.

Man, I can't wait until ball season!!! AHHHH I'm not going to make it ekff, lol!
vundy33 Wrote:Oh yeah, Braxton, had forgotten his name. He's a baller. But I'd have to watch him play some more compared to Cam Justice to annoint him the best PG in the 14th. Two different styles really.

Man, I can't wait until ball season!!! AHHHH I'm not going to make it ekff, lol!

Yeah I start missing it around end of March (week after state)... Coaching AAU kinda gives me my fix but nothing like the REAL season.
Perry Central will be one or two in the 14th.
ekff Wrote:Yeah I start missing it around end of March (week after state)... Coaching AAU kinda gives me my fix but nothing like the REAL season.

AAU is when it hits me man...just miss both highschool and college. At least we have the NBA, hahahah.
Perry is going to be a contender in the 14th. No doubt
I look for them to add a few more players. Justin Johnson was a big possibilitly early, but they have decided not to move. I am not saying they are going to be half as good as Jaysean, but I'm pretty sure they will have a few more players before next season starts.
I sure hope that if they get some players they will be able to get them out of the district....unlike Jaysean who was going to lead them to their first state championship. What dreams we dream....
The reason Perry didnt get out of the district is because their coaching.Hatcher been the biggest disappointment of the 14th region with the talent he has had. no excueses Perry will be in the 14th region race and talked about each year because their one of the biggest schools in the region. He Hatcher has backed his way into the sweet sixteen 2 years ago. Hes a good coach during the season but starting febraury he start tighting up.
The reason Perry didn't get out of the district is because they ran into a Buckhorn team that refused to lose.
Depending on how Braxton grows will decide what Perry does this year.
I can also see that Hatcher might make some moves right around the time school starts to try to add to the team.

Right now I'm going with Breathitt and Hazard as the front runners.
Perry is going to makes a move in August or Sept. I may not agree with it but their up to something to many rumors going around town.
We're flying in Yao Ming's brother from China, he's 6'10 and a monster in the paint. Also, We are getting 2 kids from Mars who are 6'5 and 6'7 and freak athletes. Maybe if we're lucky we can get Jabari Parker and Julius Randle to transfer in too. Look out!
they will be ok i think...
^^Exactly. Whatever the roster, Perry will be fine, and I expect them to make Region this year. Last year was a crazy fluke. Hated to see that happen.
This thread is great. Perry people poke fun like they don't recruit. Perry haters actually have a deadline on the recruiting. We all know something goes on, but both sides play dumb. Bravo.
UPIKEFAN Wrote:This thread is great. Perry people poke fun like they don't recruit. Perry haters actually have a deadline on the recruiting. We all know something goes on, but both sides play dumb. Bravo.

Not just Perry does it. It goes on everywhere now.
vundy33 Wrote:^^Exactly. Whatever the roster, Perry will be fine, and I expect them to make Region this year. Last year was a crazy fluke. Hated to see that happen.

I wouldn't neccesarily call it a fluke.
Matt Day is a man among boys, well was lol..
Buckhorn gave KCC a shock.
I didn't get to see the game but from what I heard, Paige was shut down.

Now I'll tell you what a fluke is vundy..

Cordia beating East Ridge..
Now that's a fluke.