Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bourbon County's Chase Mullins drafted in 24th Round
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bourbon County Senior Pitcher Chase Mullins, a UK signee, was drafted in the 24th round of the 2012 MLB draft by the Texas Rangers. Chase finished his HS career throwing a no-hitter in in a 2-1 loss to Harrison County in the Regional Semi-finals. It was noted that Chase had already started classes to get started on his Freshman requirements. Based on the conversation that I had with Chase this spring, it would not surprise me at all that Chase takes the offer and gives paid-ball a shot! I like the kid and wish him well.
I haven't met him but from everything I've read on here, he seems like a nice kid. I wish him the very best
Stardust Wrote:Bourbon County Senior Pitcher Chase Mullins, a UK signee, was drafted in the 24th round of the 2012 MLB draft by the Texas Rangers. Chase finished his HS career throwing a no-hitter in in a 2-1 loss to Harrison County in the Regional Semi-finals. It was noted that Chase had already started classes to get started on his Freshman requirements. Based on the conversation that I had with Chase this spring, it would not surprise me at all that Chase takes the offer and gives paid-ball a shot! I like the kid and wish him well.

How tall is Chase, Dusty? In what I have read about him he is said to be 6'9", but on the MLB draft site he is listed at 6'6". That's a big difference.
Bob Seger Wrote:How tall is Chase, Dusty? In what I have read about him he is said to be 6'9", but on the MLB draft site he is listed at 6'6". That's a big difference.

pretty sure its 6'9, kid is massive lol
He's closer to 6-6 than 6-9. I believe we have a pic of pregame with our Jared White who is 6-4 and Chase is definitely not 6" taller
[Image: IMG_1638-vi.jpg]

Maybe 6-6 is a stretch???? Head coach Scott Schweitzer goes 6-2, White 6-4, it certainly does not look like Chase is any more than 2" taller than White.
He definitely covers a lot of ground though! He's not going to get stuck in another pitchers hole

[Image: IMG_1750-vi.jpg]
Wonder where the 6'9" stuff came from? It's clear that he is nowhere near that.
Looks massive at the plate though

[Image: IMG_1679-vi.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1681-vi.jpg]
Bob Seger Wrote:Wonder where the 6'9" stuff came from? It clear that he is nowhere near that.

I've been hear 6-9 since his sophomore year. One thing though, he is only 17 and has a baby face. He certainly appears to have more growth potential. He's not sloppy, but he looks like he is carrying baby fat. This is a scouts dream! they look for HS graduates who still are growing, and I think he is. But, if a left-handed 90+ MPH 17 year old was not taken until the 20th rounds, there must be something that has cautioned them.
Kid is huge