Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bob Myerhoff - Out at Beechwood!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shocking, but not only one of the best coaches at the 1A level, but one of the best coaches in the state has been let go by Beechwood! A coach who averages closer to 30 wins than 20 and who has won a State championship for the Tigers has not had his contract renewed. Beechwood has decided to go in a new direction! I have coached in the same organization and against him for several years, and find this surprising. I've been close to the players on his teams for the last few years, and though there seemed to be a disconnect over the last few seasons, I certainly did not feel that this would result.

I wish Bob luck. In knowing Bob, I knew he planned to call it quits soon, but he wished to do it on his own terms.

As for replacement, I have no idea but my guess would be that Beechwood approaches former major leaguer Brandon Berger. Should be an interesting summer as Bob coaches his Bluegrass Lions, made up mostly of BW players!
Hate to hear this, let the guy resign and give him no other option. He has at least earned the right to go out with dignity.
^ I could not agree more. I won't be naive to think that there is a possibilty of "reason", but nothing has been made public if so. I wish Bob well.
WOW just WOW, after everything he's done at Beechwood, they wanna go in a "new direction" ?
New direction could be losing, cause all he has done is consistently win. I know it isnt all about winning, but I also know about the politics in the independant school systems across the state. Best of luck to him whereever he lands.