Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2012 All State and Miss Softball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2012 Miss Softball: Kelsi Pardue (Allen County-Scottsville)

1A Player of the Year: Kasey Estes (Green County)

1A Coaching Staff of the Year: Green County

2A Player of the Year: Hannah Hart (Corbin)

2A Coaching Staff of the Year: Allen County-Scottsville

3A Player of the Year: Morgan Foley (Assumption)

3A Coaching Staff of the Year: Greenwood

The rest of the All-State members can be seen here: http://www.kyhighschoolsoftball.com/allstate.htm
Congratulations to Pikeville for placing 3 young ladies on the all state teams. As a program (1A), topped only by Reidland and Owensboro Catholic in terms of total players. Very nice recognition for the program. Congrats to all who made the teams and best of luck to them.
I'm not going to comment on the east/west or all state selections..... hey blue you have to tell me how in the world a kid that signs with a top 10 d1 school doesn't make all state selection??? How does Hart kid picked over JJ ???? or the young kid from allen county??? Blue I need your help..... lol lol
outsidein Wrote:I'm not going to comment on the east/west or all state selections..... hey blue you have to tell me how in the world a kid that signs with a top 10 d1 school doesn't make all state selection??? How does Hart kid picked over JJ ???? or the young kid from allen county??? Blue I need your help..... lol lol

Politics. Some coaches are much better at it than others.
In order to be included in this all state team, your school and coach must be a paid member of the coaches association. Non member schools can not vote and players from non member schools are not eligible to be included.
How does Mercy only have 2 players mentioned?
blaze9 you are correct but what's funny the coaches daughter made 3rd team....sexy you are right alot of politics... I guess where Hart is the head coach of Corbin and the President of the coaches than I guess that is his daughter or some kin to him.....I was only at state on thursday night couldn't make it there friday or saturday due to showcase tournament
Congrats to all!
outsidein Wrote:I'm not going to comment on the east/west or all state selections..... hey blue you have to tell me how in the world a kid that signs with a top 10 d1 school doesn't make all state selection??? How does Hart kid picked over JJ ???? or the young kid from allen county??? Blue I need your help..... lol lol

I was very surprised to see that she was 2A player of the year. I'm sure shes a good player, but I have never even heard of her before. I thought since Kelsi was Miss Softball that JJ Francis or Allison Foster would get 2A player of the year.
I've seen her play and she does fine but no where near the player JJ and your right Foster kid at CAL....blue how does she get it when she didn't get region player of the year??/ lol they have two girls tied for 13th region player of the year and she isn't one of them.... lol lol it's a joke.... Kentucky high school coaches politics (well i should say some high school coaches... there are a few good high school coaches in Ky)
I'm a bit surprised that Ally Vaughn of Henry County, 2012 Eighth Region player of the Year, and University of Louisville signee was not on the list. She also plays for the Louisville Lady Sluggers. Great player and great young lady.
blue1424 Wrote:I was very surprised to see that she was 2A player of the year. I'm sure shes a good player, but I have never even heard of her before. I thought since Kelsi was Miss Softball that JJ Francis or Allison Foster would get 2A player of the year.

She is a good player, although not at the level of being voted " 2A player of the year".
Doomdad you are 100% correct .... Very nice player and young lady....
Good to see someone from Perry County getting mentioned. Good job Whitney Back. About time someone gave you some props.
Congrats to all who made it. Great to see a couple of 16th region kids.
Congrats to all players!