Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County Football Complex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Harlan Daily Enterprise
http://www.harlandaily.com/view/full_sto...rogressing

Under Construction HCHS football complex progressing
John Middleton, Sports Editor

With just a little over two months until the start of the high school football season, construction crews are currently working to complete Coal Miners Memorial Stadium at Harlan County High School.

Once completed, Coal Miners Memorial Stadium will include an eight-lane track, high jump facility, long jump and pole vault area and a synthetic-turf football field among other items. The football field will be named in honor of Needham Saylor, a long-time coach, teacher, principal and superintendent in the Harlan County school system.

Phase I of the project will include the construction of a 2,000-seat home section, a 1,000-seat visitor seating section and a press box. The additional phases will include bleacher expansion on both sides of the field, expansion of the locker room and training facility as well as other features......

.....The Black Bears will likely take the field at the state-of-the-art stadium at some point next season, but a completion date is still unknown. Harlan County will open up the home slate on Aug. 31 against Gate City, Va.

Depending on the outcome of the regular season, Harlan County could host all but the state championship game of the 5A playoffs next season.
I cant wait to head over that way.
Looks good so far.
RIUTG, you are beginning to take away Dusty's posts but putting the pictures on here, lol.
I would have loved to get a piece of that scoreboard sale.
Can't wait to play there this football season.
Looks good so far. I can't wait to see the finished product!
Very nice. Glad to see Mr. Saylor is leaving behind a legacy at HC. There facilities are 2nd to none.
I sure wish they'd hurry. Will be great to watch a game there this season!
Mama Bear Wrote:I sure wish they'd hurry. Will be great to watch a game there this season!

I heard additional bleachers were being added to both sides making a total of 6,000 seats. WOW
Wow. That looks great. I would say i'm excited to go over there but in reality I dread it lol.
I agree with Bobcat Dad, Mr. Saylor has done a wonderful job getting that new school up and going. Man the facilities for all sports at Harlan Co. are wonderful.