Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Heat 98 - Celtics 79 (Game 6)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
BOSTON -- No one can say LeBron James retreated from the moment this time.

James turned in one of the Heat’s all-time greatest postseason performances Thursday night in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals, scoring 45 points in Miami’s 98-79 victory. Now, it comes down to one game for a ticket to the NBA Finals, and the Heat has homecourt advantage. Game 7 of the series is Saturday at AmericanAirlines Arena.

The Heat entered Game 6 losers of 15 of its previous 16 games at TD Garden but, fueled by a virtuosic show from James, Miami took an early lead in the first quarter and never looked back. Considering the circumstances, it might have been James’ best postseason performance of his career. Wade’s 46 points against Boston in the 2010 playoffs is the franchise postseason record.

“We’re not going to celebrate about this win,” James said. “It’s a one-game series now and it’s in our building.”

In 2010, James and his Cleveland Cavaliers trailed 3-2 against the Celtics in the Eastern Conference semifinals and James wilted from the moment in Boston. Not this time. James averaged a point a minute, going 19 of 26 from the field in 45 minutes. He played every minute of the first three quarters before watching from the bench in the final minutes.

“I just wanted to try to lead my team the best I could,” said James, who also had 15 rebounds and five assists. “I’m glad we were able to get this win a force Game 7.”

Led by James’ brilliance, the Heat shot 48.7 percent from the field and 43.8 percent from three-point range. The Heat led by double figures throughout the second half and its largest lead was 25 points. The Heat out-rebounded the Celtics 44-34.

Once again, Dwyane Wade wasn’t himself to begin the game but once again he played well in the fourth quarter. Wade started Game 6 with four points in the first half and was 1 of 6 from the field in the first quarter. But, while he might playing with an injured knee, he still had enough left in reserve to give the Heat a boost in crunch time.

Wade finished with 17 points on 6 of 17 from the field and scored eight in the final period. Wade and James were the only players to score in double digits for the Heat but Mario Chalmers contributed nine important points on three three-pointers. The Heat was 7 of 16 from three-pointer range, with James adding two and Shane Battier delivering a pair as well.

James had 30 points in the first half and the Heat led by 13 points to begin the third and fourth quarters. It was a postseason high for James in a first half and it matched the most by any player in a half this season. Monta Ellis of Golden State did it against Oklahoma City in February.

Wade had a hand in the Heat’s first seven points of the fourth quarter. He scored four straight points to begin the period and then whipped a difficult pass to Battier in the corner, who swished his second three-pointer of the game to give the Heat an 18 points.

Chalmers drained a wide open three-pointer with 5:56 left in the third quarter to give the Heat a 15-point lead. It was Chalmers’ third three-pointer of the game, giving the Heat five three-pointers on its first 11 attempts.

James made the Heat’s sixth three-pointer less than two minutes later to put the Heat ahead 72-59.

Wade, who struggled early in first halves throughout the series, began the game 0 of 4. For the series, Wade is shooting 30 percent (7 of 23) in first quarters. Meanwhile, James was phenomenal. He started the game with 14 points in the first quarter, shooting 6 of 7 from the field to go along with three rebounds and an assist.

He made 11 straight shots between misses on his first and final attempts of the half. Chris Bosh came off the bench to contribute seven points, six rebounds and three blocks in his second game back from injury

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/06/07/28...rylink=cpy
*Meant for the weird picture*

^What's that for?
Amazing performance by James...
and he didn't even have to do anything the last half of the 4th.
If Doc didn't throw in the towel he would have dropped 50
James flat out dominated this game! Monstrous!
Spud6 Wrote:*Meant for the weird picture*

^What's that for?

The Destruction that the Heat left in Bean Town!
^Ohh lol
Stardust Wrote:[Image: big+3.jpg]

NO THEY WON"T!!!!!!Confusednicker:
If the Celtics don't get them, the Thunder will in the finals. LeBron will choke once again and Erik Spolestra will be filing for unemployment.
Lebron sucks, man I swear he crumbles under pressure everytime. He must had a horseshoe or a golden egg stuck up his ass tonight.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwr9gNJS91di684kyjtOY..._VYNqYZPII]

Chokes, LMAO, LOL - Yes, CHOKES the other teams! Just ask Boston how Lebron CHOKED - THEM!!!!Confusednicker:

Haters gonna Hate:lmao:
Amazing game by the queen.
I figured it was about time everyone got off Rondo's sack and wised up.
Rondo>James
runitupthegut Wrote:rondo>james

l o l.
Rondo - 1

James - 0

Rings
^ That's get's evened up this year!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Rondo - 1

James - 0

Rings

only someone with no common sense would post something like this. If rings equal how well you play the game lets all bow down to players like d-fish, luke walton, robert horry. And stop worshiping players like james, rose, anthony, howard, and durant who are ringless. It just doesnt make since to compare rings, it just the easiest thing for someone to say against lebron.
KHSAA12 Wrote:only someone with no common sense would post something like this. If rings equal how well you play the game lets all bow down to players like d-fish, luke walton, robert horry. And stop worshiping players like james, rose, anthony, howard, and durant who are ringless. It just doesnt make since to compare rings, it just the easiest thing for someone to say against lebron.

Awesome point! I guess Robert Horry can only be compared to Bill Russell when talking about the gratest to ever play the game....
On a side note, did anybody see the Celtics fan throw beer at LeBron? It was funny, but a pure classless move. Thought LeBron handled it well.

If you throw beer at Metta World Peace, Ron Artest comes out.
Celtics>Heat
lol... the people on here that actually think that anyone on Celtics roster is better than Lebron needs help. Rondo is so good because is a on a team with a buncha old people. A buncha ppl that know the game but are way out of their prime. Of course he's gonna be the dynamite there. Boston is garbage, I don't even know how they are 3-3 in the series with the Heat right now. They are trash. If you go to game 7 with 76'ers you need help.
And for the Boston fans.. Ray Allen used to be able to stroke the 3.. don't count on it in game 7 - it might end up in a fans lap.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Celtics>Heat

Pats>Ravens just figured I'd remind you Wink
MVP2 Wrote:Lebron sucks, man I swear he crumbles under pressure everytime. He must had a horseshoe or a golden egg stuck up his ass tonight.
Are you saying that Lebron crumbles at critical times, like playoff elimination games played on the road - games like the one played on Thursday night, for example?
Hoot, you know he was being sarcastic I hope.. lol