Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: who will it be?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who's going to be the next coach for the Belfry Lady Pirates? I've heard a couple names but I want to hear what everyone else is hearing and thinking about the situation
I've heard a couple names...Clay Campbell and Amanda Collins...I also heard CC is lobbying for it. I guess it will all depend on who they want from the board. Anyone else hear anything?
No offense to Amanda Collins, but I would hope that Belfry would hire someone with high school coaching experience. She would be fine as an assistant for a few (5 or more) years and then move into the head coaching position, but not just jump in as head coach. And before anyone says it, yes I know she assisted Tammy Tussey at PC for a few years.
I would like to see someone young like Amanda Collins come in and bring something fresh to the team. I am speaking from an outsiders position of course. I would also like to ask some of the girls who play basketball and see what they say. For that matter, what about Tammy Tussey??? Alumni comes home to coach.
Tammy Tussey wouldn't be a bad idea, then you would probably have Amanda Collins as an assistant to give her more experience. I also like the idea of Clay Campbell because he has experience coaching a lot of these girls (when he was at Turkey Creek) and know what their style is and what they are capable of.
I'm pretty sure Tammy Tussey isn't going to apply but who knows, job isn't even posted so, when it is you guys will know a little more.
It's hard to say who will get it but from what I can gather, they pretty much know who they want. Now I don't have a clue who it is and neither does any of the girls' I have talked to. They have been hearing Clay Campbell a lot.
Clay Campbell, Amanda Collins and maybe, just maybe Cindy Stuart.......

If the girls and parents want Clay as bad as they say they need to go to the Principle and AD to show their support for him.......
I have heard Clay Campbell and Amanda Collins as well..I heard Collins may be going to East Ridge..I don't see Stuart applying for it..who knows who the school is really looking at.

Other names I have heard mentioned:

Tammy Tussey: don't see her applying since she has sued the board

Cassandra Akers: Betsy Layne Coach, has won numerous district, regional and All A Championships, with Betsy Layne being down could be a great move.

Ashley Rosen: former Lady Pirate, won several districts and regions while at BHS and has coaching experience on the high school and junior high level..I think she may have coached several of the current players at one point as well.
Forgot that Campbell coached several of these girls at Turkey Creek and had a lot of success with them..I say he will get it.
I was wrong..if the information I got is correct they will be hiring Collins before the week is out.
Collins has it.
I feel a little bad but I WAS WRONG.

The SBDM met today to discuss hiring the new coach but no decision was made, I was told Collins and Campbell was the only ones really discussed with the Collins being preferred by some.

Sorry for the wrong info.
I heard today it will be her...will be announced on 27th--after testing.